[1.3] Children and Pregnancy - v4.1.0

Started by GhostData, March 22, 2020, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hades7600

Does this not work with andriods? my andriods have collapsed and are acting like children

GhostData

Quote from: hades7600 on April 06, 2020, 01:50:07 PM
Does this not work with andriods? my andriods have collapsed and are acting like children
Nope, not yet. This mod currently uses age stage indexes to determine if a pawn is a baby or not. Androids only have one age stage, and so the mod thinks they are infants. I'll have a quick fix out some time today.
Long term, only races that closely mimic humans are are human like will have native support. Anything that deviates too far will have to have custom patches no matter how flexible CNP is.

TheBadiator

Hey, love the Mod. Thank you for updating it.

So, I've encountered a bug, where if a Pregnant Pawn goes into labour while in a caravan, she will not actually give birth, and she will be stuck with the "Giving Birth" widget in her health tab. No new baby. Not pregnant once back at the settlement.

Geese man

can it be made that a pawn with a royal title doesn't mind having his/her own baby in their room, got a daze because my praetor did not have his own room whilst he only shared it with his wife and newborn son.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: Geese man on April 07, 2020, 01:02:16 PM
can it be made that a pawn with a royal title doesn't mind having his/her own baby in their room, got a daze because my praetor did not have his own room whilst he only shared it with his wife and newborn son.

Making this compatible with royalty is probably going to be a whole separate update of its own

GhostData

2.0.3 released.
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/tags/v2.0.3

This version disables the growing component from any race that has fewer than 5 life stages. This is a crude but quick patch to stop interfering with android tiers, but I will need to revisit this and come up with a real design to integrate other races. The goal will be to automatically work with any race that sufficiently implements similar race patterns to humans, but provide a reasonable API to patch more complex races. My instinct is to go with a hediff and allow custom  races to override expected lifestages.

My day job has picked up a bit this week, so expect few updates this week.

Quote from: TheBadiator on April 07, 2020, 01:24:43 AM
Hey, love the Mod. Thank you for updating it.

So, I've encountered a bug, where if a Pregnant Pawn goes into labour while in a caravan, she will not actually give birth, and she will be stuck with the "Giving Birth" widget in her health tab. No new baby. Not pregnant once back at the settlement.
Thanks for the report. I think right now, that baby probably was sent to the world as a world pawn. I don't fully understand that bit of the code yet, but I suspect it just means they now exist as a pawn somewhere else in the world, similar to pawn relations in other factions. Maybe a newborn baby will show up with a caravan now? No idea.
I'll add it to the list to revisit, but for now lets just go with the suggestion that 9 month pregnant colonist hang out in the colony instead of trekking cross country.

crowman

Thanks, I can finally fulfill my dream of providing children with safe and secure environments where they can earn money learning useful engineering skills such as assembling integrated circuitry into useful components that can then be mass-sold to the fancy North Armoury for exorbitant amounts of money. No, seriously, try putting some of your kids into workshops, your bank will love you for it and your credit score will sky rocket way beyond what is legally allowed. Then again, when has the law stopped the central south-eastern tribe from amassing ungodly amount of wealth only for them to invest said treasury into acquiring ALL of the silver. Because you can't pay for godhood unless we get rid of vaccines and single fatherhood,  Aaron forbid you tried befriending the southern populace lest you be stoned to death and your hair cooked into a delicious pot of french-onion stew.

netenugu

QuoteAdd new config to specify the max number of traits a pawn may have - this will determine how many traits they can acquire through childhood.
Speaking of bloat, are you aware that other mods already allow players to choose how many traits they want their pawns to have?
For example [KV] More Trait Slots https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508292711

GhostData

Quote from: netenugu on April 08, 2020, 12:59:40 PM
QuoteAdd new config to specify the max number of traits a pawn may have - this will determine how many traits they can acquire through childhood.
Speaking of bloat, are you aware that other mods already allow players to choose how many traits they want their pawns to have?
For example [KV] More Trait Slots https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508292711
Yes, I am aware. You misunderstood the note.
Prior to this change, CNP hard coded 3 possible traits to be acquired by child pawns. Since other mods increase the number of possible traits, I have added a config to let the player adjust how many traits are awarded here. This change does not enable more traits on its own.

2.0.4 released
https://gitlab.com/Tragix/children-and-pregnancy-collab/-/tags/v2.0.4

Geese man

There appears to be a conflict with the faster aging mod from verdiss.
It causes a second stage toddler (the walking toddler stage) to be able to age (biological age) and grow in a ancient cryosleep casket, (not tested with a player build casket). (so far I need to always reload to make a child grow properly as their bodies do grow just their stats will still be toddler disabled, reload always fixed it so far) the child was a just released toddler which I immediately ordered to enter a cryosleep casket (reason for the toddlers imprisonment was also an issue ill get to in a sec)
I just noticed it because a pawn in cryosleep will still be displayed on the top of the screen and after reloading my game this toddler turned into a child, did so I got a pawn to open the casket to see wtf was going on so the now child comes out crying as toddler (still having a "-" by all his stats, not having the incapable  of everything list anymore) so I saved and reloaded: fixing the child stats and it didn't cry as a toddler anymore.

Now I also have another issue that first (crawling) and second (walking) stage toddlers wont stop crying was getting annoyed by this so i checked it out. Turns out my baby and toddlers had and issue with sleep and recreation: they would only sleep until most left stick so they would have a permanent drowsy debuff which would be turned into tired for a split second then they would sleep again until it was turned into drowsy again endlessly repeating the cycle. same as with recreation, first a little context I always restrict toddlers to their room until they are 3 as they can get hunted by larger carnivores if walking outside, rooms always have a table with chair so they can relax socially so they can fulfill their recreation.
so as babies cant leave their crib they will have to be played with which was only possible after their recreation went to recreation deprived so when the meter went more left then last left mark and pawns would only play with them until the most left mark so only keeping them from getting recreation starved. now toddlers don't need to be played with as they can do recreation themselves which they always have the possibility to in their room but as with the babies they would only relax socially to just hitting the most left mark repeating the cycle. So i figured I just throw them in jail when they can craw until they are 3 so I wont have to beat up toddlers to stop them having a tantrum which fixed the recreation issue of course entirely but they would still sleep to just being drowsy then wake up walk for a few sec and sleep for a few sec again causing quite a few hide in rooms. now releasing them and having them enter a cryosleep casket then getting them out again (still toddler) appears to somewhat resolve the issue of them refusing to sleep or do any recreation beyond the most left mark but still not always.
Now their schedules are the standard schedule every pawn gets after joining so its not that (tried to put their schedules to only sleep or recreation didn't work at all) but this has been bugging me I dont use many mods again but my modlist consists of (in loading order)
-harmony
-core
-royalty
-hugslib
-edB prepare carefully
-bad can be good
-centipede raid value
-1.0 turrets
-achtung!
-faster aging
-children and pregnancy v.2.0.4

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: peppybojagger on April 11, 2020, 01:52:53 PM
This mod was working with Dubs Bad Hygiene before one of the version updates, specifically thirst. Babies' thirst would be quenched via breastfeeding or pawns could bring them water. Now neither of those are working and newborns are dying of dehydration. ):

Which version update specifically?

miguelsz2

Quote from: peppybojagger on April 11, 2020, 01:52:53 PM
This mod was working with Dubs Bad Hygiene before one of the version updates, specifically thirst. Babies' thirst would be quenched via breastfeeding or pawns could bring them water. Now neither of those are working and newborns are dying of dehydration. ):

A good temporary workaround is to go into the Dubs Hygiene mod options and disable thirst and hygiene needs on babies.

RikuOrihara

Hi,

Childs with dark skins looking weird, the shadows didnt take the same color than the skin itself. I had the problem with adults since i bought the game in alpha 14. I dont know if the game changed the skins or alien framework does it, but they look awesome now. The childs unfortunately dont.

Geese man

Could the family member died mood debuff be made a little less extreme or perhaps make it a small separate mod. Cause I don't like having to deal with several stressed people because 1 or 2 of the family died in a raid.

rozyn

Thanks for the update!

Any hopes you may be able to add a toggle or mute for the baby sounds? They're always a bit too loud and stick out even over the other animal sounds in game, That's always been my only major issue with this great mod.