[MOD] (Alpha 6) Colonist Only Doors (v1.2.3) Updated 8/16

Started by Neurotoxin, August 05, 2014, 06:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neurotoxin

Thanks, good feedback, I overlooked renaming the wood door in the def, oops. I'll get that fixed in the next update. Also, thank you very much for the textures, I'll gladly use them as I haven't gotten around to trying my hand at textures, and quite frankly, I suck at anything artistic anyway.

I don't know why, but when I quickly threw in the wood version of the doors, I assumed the vanilla ones didn't transmit power (probably because they don't use it) so I left that out. I'll bring that in-line as well with the next update.

Actually, I could throw all that together in the next 30 minutes or so, I wanted to try fixing the texture bug when you enable the mod and start playing right away anyway.

Edit: Not sure there is a fix actually, or it might not be directly related to this mod. It only seems to happen for me to beds and with specific textures. I'll continue investigating.

MonkeyWithAWrench

Quote from: Neurotoxin on August 15, 2014, 05:09:52 AM
...I wanted to try fixing the texture bug when you enable the mod and start playing right away anyway.

Edit: Not sure there is a fix actually, or it might not be directly related to this mod. It only seems to happen for me to beds and with specific textures. I'll continue investigating.

What problem are you referring too? I didn't notice any texture problems either before or after my fiddling with the few things I mentioned.

Neurotoxin

It might actually be an issue with another mod I use, shame on me for not using a sterile testing environment. I know in A5 enabling the mod and starting it right up had missing UI textures because they're defined in the assembly, and now in A6 if I do that beds get replaced with a bed sized version of another mod's texture. I'm almost certain it's just a glitch from the other mod because it happens when I enable and start any mod. I used Miscellaneous mod as a test dummy (Because I respect Haplo's work and assumed his UI stuff would be correct) to see if it was my mod causing it or something else out of my control and it still happened, I assume to no fault of Haplo's and both of our UI codes are pretty similar.

I'm going to publicly write it off as not my mod's fault while I privately investigate what's causing it further.

ninja edit: I've updated to v1.2.2
separated my wood doors from vanilla, fixed the power transmission and included your textures, which I can't thank you enough for.

MonkeyWithAWrench

Ah, glad it's not anything major then. That'd be annoying if there was some undiagnosed problem lurking around my mods folder just waiting to spring itself at the most inopportune time. The only mods I've installed right now are the "cannons and turrets" mod, the "Embrasures" mod and the "target practice dummy" mod. I've also activated the blast charges one. I'm just adding them in slowly, so I don't have "much" yet. Anyway, with those I don't see any issues so hopefully that'll help narrow it down.

I'm glad you can get some use out the textures too. Since I've already applied the fixes on my end I won't be downloading this particular update, but which door set did you decide to go with?

I had also been thinking of taking a look at the save editor you're working on and seeing if I could help any. Unfortunately I haven't reinstalled Visual Studio since my last hd wipe, and I haven't been able to find the disks with it over the last week or so that I've been poking around. Boo to that :(

Neurotoxin

Yeah it's nothing to worry about. I'm running this mod, Cannons and turrets, Embrasures, Extra research tables, Modular tables, T's mods and workplaces. The one giving me issues is the extra research tables but I don't want to point fingers until I know the actual cause, and it doesn't even use an assembly.

As for helping out with my save editor, or any of my mods for that matter, its always appreciated. Easiest way to do so is just fork and pull from github. That does remind me though I need to tidy up the source a bit.

I went with the door set where each door has it's own sign, they both look good but that one is a bit more aesthetically pleasing when it's open.

Somz

Quote from: The_Shaikan23 on August 05, 2014, 07:17:08 PM
It's super annoying to have about 25 people visit, get dirt all over the entire base, block the hallways, eat all my food and then leave without having contributed anything to the settlement. Great idea to make these doors.

I usually kidnap one and kill the rest so they won't come back. Or if they will, I'll just kidnap more and kill more! Win-win situation! Or... :o
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Dr. Z

Not that I would complain about a mod making the game more comfortable, but the colonist only wooded door opens and closes by itself, like the powered door, maybe you want to change that to make the powered door useful again.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Dr. Z on August 16, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
Not that I would complain about a mod making the game more comfortable, but the colonist only wooded door opens and closes by itself, like the powered door, maybe you want to change that to make the powered door useful again.

I'm not sure why it would do that but I'll take a look. Gotta be in the assembly because my wood door def is almost exactly the same as the vanilla. Thanks for the notice though.

Edit: yeah it doesn't look like I can change that easily. I'd have to override PathCostToOpenNow and Notify_PawnApproaching which isn't virtual abstract or overridden. I tried hiding the base methods with the new keyword to no avail. I'll keep poking around.

Edit 2: OMG did I derp hard.
CompPowerTrader and CompPowerTransmitter looked a lot alike, I haven't had enough coffee yet today apparently. I'll roll out an update to fix that here.

longbyte1

I don't know how to do this, but it would be interesting if you could inject the code directly onto the default doors' classes so that you don't need a special door class. It's a pain when you have to update the door every time that a change is made to the door's def.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: longbyte1 on August 16, 2014, 07:14:10 PM
I don't know how to do this, but it would be interesting if you could inject the code directly onto the default doors' classes so that you don't need a special door class. It's a pain when you have to update the door every time that a change is made to the door's def.

That's easy enough, in the ColonistOnlyDoors.xml file just change the door defName by removing the CO at the end. That said, since release the defs have been modified once (looking at github, it's been a couple changes but only one time has the defName changed) When I fix the wood doors' misbehaving ways, I'll roll out a second version with default doors replaced. That way you can choose if you want separate doors (which I still recommend) or these ones only.

sidfu

could u put out a compat pach for tech tree minami since it changes the doors on tech not sure if using the replacer would cause problems

Neurotoxin

Quote from: sidfu on August 19, 2014, 12:44:45 PM
could u put out a compat pach for tech tree minami since it changes the doors on tech not sure if using the replacer would cause problems

I can almost guarantee the replacer WILL cause issue for TTM but, if you add in my mod, you can delete the Defs it has, find TTM's defs for the doors and change this <thingClass>ColonistOnlyDoors.ColonistOnlyDoors</thingClass>, that Should give them the functionality without actually adding my doors or their textures. That way you get the best of both worlds!

PolandBall

Why in link to download at mediafire this mod weight only 5 Kb?

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Awesom1 on August 23, 2014, 06:31:03 AM
Why in link to download at mediafire this mod weight only 5 Kb?

Because I haven't used mediafire (the mediafire link isn't even in the OP anymore and hasn't been since I switched to github) since the initial release, and I forgot to update the github for 1.2.3 but the most recent version is always attached to the post.

edit: updated github release.

Bruvvy