[1.1] BIRD UP! Pack

Started by RoosterDreams, May 03, 2020, 10:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoosterDreams

Hello! As a huge bird fan I've released my first mod adding those beautiful creatures in the game. They flock, they squawk, they spawn in temperate, tropical and shrubland biomes. Right now they come with a default coat and 2 variations, but I'll be adding more. More added!

I'm open to suggestions regarding new species I should add next. I'm planning on adding macaws (done!), big cockatoos and crows. They will be released separately and as a pack later.
Edit: Budgies and macaws released.

Download:
Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods

BIRD UP!

wwWraith

Congrats, looks nice :)

I think releasing many (there will be many, won't they? ;)) one-species mods separately won't be a productive idea, a single pack would be enough. Just make each bird in its own file, then those who want only some of them could easily delete unnecessary ones manually or use patches to disallow them.

Btw there are crows in H.P. Lovecraft Storyteller mod, you can take a look to decide what level of compatibility you want.

What about some predator birds? They could be an interesting addition to the RimWorld ecosystem. Probably not very powerful, but very fast and evasive.

Also we'll be glad if you'll provide a download link for non-Steam users.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

RoosterDreams

Quote from: wwWraith on May 03, 2020, 11:05:11 AMI think releasing many (there will be many, won't they? ;)) one-species mods separately won't be a productive idea, a single pack would be enough. Just make each bird in its own file, then those who want only some of them could easily delete unnecessary ones manually or use patches to disallow them.

I'm gonna do that when I upload the pack to Nexus, but I'm thinking of keeping them separately on Steam Workshop, since I'm not sure you can really tamper with downloaded mods there

QuoteWhat about some predator birds? They could be an interesting addition to the RimWorld ecosystem. Probably not very powerful, but very fast and evasive.

Great idea, I'll think about those. Since crows are already in a different mod I'll do a research and see what other birds to add :)

wwWraith

Don't hesitate to add your own crows :) Those ones basically won't spawn except special events, only when using that storyteller. I meant that you just could look on their defs just in case, e.g. if you would like to make your crows replace those, or share some features. But it's ok if yours will be completely different and independent.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

RoosterDreams

The mod includes another species now; A budgie :)