OOOOKAY I quit!!

Started by draco454, May 03, 2020, 03:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draco454

OK... this  game  obviously works for  many people, and  I wish them all success.
I can't even understand  the  tutorial!!  I can't even get that to work/respond.
SO right now, about the  only value of  this  thing is  to turn it on... move around  the  globe  with my mouse  and  listen to the  soundtrack. And  click on everything to see  what it says. I feel bad for  my son... he  paid  for  this game for  my birthday. I feel like  I should refund  his  money and  remove  this  thing from my computer!!!

Canute

Hi,
just one suggestion. Since your son bought it for you he maybe have some clues for you and can take/help direct at your PC or maybe with a shared desktop view.
But if not, farewell and no thanks for the fish.

draco454

Perhaps an overload  of  frustration makes  one lash out. AT my son's request I will give  this  another shot. I still maintain that the  tutorial is  useless. I found a  HUGE amount of valuable information on Wiki. ALL of it at least made  sense. YAY for  wiki... so useful!
On with the  game... I will probably crash and  burn 100 times before  I get anyway, but thats  ok.. I am retired, I have  plenty of  time. 8)

erdrik

Quote from: draco454 on May 03, 2020, 07:09:38 PM
... I will probably crash and  burn 100 times before  I get anyway, but thats  ok.. I am retired, I have  plenty of  time. 8)

Just a FYI in case this is new info to you:
Take the "I will probably crash and  burn 100 times" mentality to heart.
Failing, and how you react to that failure, learning and getting better, pushing past a failure and dealing with the consequences. This is pretty much the intended point of the game.

Canute

Special at the beginning you will fail alot.
A new colony can fail of lack of food,medicin or lack of clothes buildings.
A simple early heatwave can give all your colonist some heartstoke, because you forget to research s some way to deal with it.
Some coldsnap can destroy your harvest and you don't have any food for the winter anymore.
Your pawn's breakup because they need to sleep on ground all days.

Later you will encounter fights against pirates they invade your map and outnumber you multiple times.

Start at some easy biome, like any forest or arid.
Lowest difficult of the storyteller (you can change this during gameplay at the options).
And find your way to play.

drunetovich

If you are unsure how to play this game, try youtube "Let's play Rimworld" series