For the budding game designer/developer/producer...

Started by The Ataraxist, September 20, 2013, 11:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ataraxist

So if you havent watched any of this youtube series before, ExtraCredits is a show about the concepts of game design. Its an awesome youtube series and to be honest I couldnt give it NEARLY the credit it deserves just by typing out a summary here, so I wont...

Rather, I would prefer you go and watch one too see if its something you would find useful;

For example, how character imbalance can fuel a meta-game preventing stagnancy in a multiplayer environment. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbnlKb8kA70)

Truely excelent source material for game development ideas and useful ways to avoid common pitfalls.
Anyhow, here is an easy way to find their videos since they are a smaller series partt of Penny Arcade.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pennyarcadeTV/search?query=Extra+Credits

Yarkista

Quote from: The Ataraxist on September 20, 2013, 11:31:27 AM
So if you havent watched any of this youtube series before, ExtraCredits is a show about the concepts of game design. Its an awesome youtube series and to be honest I couldnt give it NEARLY the credit it deserves just by typing out a summary here, so I wont...

Rather, I would prefer you go and watch one too see if its something you would find useful;

For example, how character imbalance can fuel a meta-game preventing stagnancy in a multiplayer environment. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbnlKb8kA70)

Truely excelent source material for game development ideas and useful ways to avoid common pitfalls.
Anyhow, here is an easy way to find their videos since they are a smaller series partt of Penny Arcade.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pennyarcadeTV/search?query=Extra+Credits

Huh, i've been watching their "Extra History" series.

The Ataraxist

Yea that was because Creative Assembly threw money at them to make videos about history relating to Rome Total War 2. Thats good stuff too, but kinda way off topic of their normal videos.

Yarkista

Quote from: The Ataraxist on September 20, 2013, 06:57:11 PM
Yea that was because Creative Assembly threw money at them to make videos about history relating to Rome Total War 2. Thats good stuff too, but kinda way off topic of their normal videos.

I'll have a watch of their normal videos then, thanks.

ManHuntingSquirrel

I've come to bring this topic back to the first page.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Kirby23590

I'm not sure if this is technically necromancy here...?

I don't know if this is interesting to see here... but the ExtraCredits historical stuff like Genghis khan's earliest days and other old history facts are still interesting to see...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 20, 2019, 05:40:37 AM
I'm not sure if this is technically necromancy here...?

I don't know if this is interesting to see here... but the ExtraCredits historical stuff like Genghis khan's earliest days and other old history facts are still interesting to see...

We can't eat topic's corpses so i used a mech serum.

Kirby23590

It's still technically necromancy, even with mech serum on a old topic what was made in 2013 and then reviving it 6 year later...

Besides this topic ain't interesting here... It was posted by Ataraxist and Yarkista who is a guest and Ataraxist's last post was in September 2013...

So this topic would later fall in deep asleep again, and it's is life cycle for it's 1795 views compared to the other posts...

No interest bringing back this topic back up...

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 20, 2019, 08:37:29 AM
It's still technically necromancy, even with mech serum on a old topic what was made in 2013 and then reviving it 6 year later...

Besides this topic ain't interesting here... It was posted by Ataraxist and Yarkista who is a guest and Ataraxist's last post was in September 2013...

So this topic would later fall in deep asleep again, and it's is life cycle for it's 1795 views compared to the other posts...

No interest bringing back this topic back up...

I just did it for fun,this is a masochist forum,it doesn't fit too well

Kirby23590

ManHuntingSquirrel

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 20, 2019, 04:41:07 PM
Sounds fair enough...

But this ain't reddit... ::)

This a RIMWORLD forum,these masochists play merciless comittment mode ice sea naked brutality!!!

Kirby23590

Well do you even read any of the ExtraCredits Videos from Youtube?

Just tell me which one?