The Big Patch Notes Topic

Started by Semmy, November 04, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semmy

A link to the patch notes
A link to the wiki page with patch notes

When you encounter anything within the latest version.
Than bugreport guidelines can be found here
And please post them as clear as possible within this forum.
Make sure you are using the latest version please (-:

Here i will post the latest patch notes.

Keep in mind last released version is 0.1.334b Rimworldalpha1

February 25

Added simple door. Cheaper, but cannot be powered.
    Filled out storyteller moddability.
    Bugfixes.

364 - February 24

Bugfixes.

Februray 23

Bugfixes.
    Reworked debug lister menu to handle large numbers of options. Also added a type-in filter.

361b/362 - February 22

Bugfixes.

360a/b/c, 361a - February 21

Finished up stone economy with stone walls.
    Bugfixes.
    Added blasting charges back in as a mod.
    Started working on getting code loading with mods.

359 - February 20

Tons more bugfixes.
    Work type definitions and work giver definitions are now in XML, so you can mod in new work types to correspond to new economy chains.
    Added gather spots so you can make idle colonists gather around certain tables.
    Added stone economy: stonecutter�s table, crafting worktype, stone cutting workgiver, stone blocks thing, stone tiles floor, low stone wall, high stone wall.

358 - February 19

Tons of bugfixes.

February 18

Extensive refactoring and bugfixing.

February 17

Bugfixing and prepping for internal test cycle.
    Added max ingredient search radius for bills.
    Added qualitative descriptions to skill levels.
    Skills now decay over time when at very high levels.
    Created the passion system, which affects learning rate according to characters� natural inclination towards different subjects. As in real life, anyone can learn anything that they�re willing to do, but you learn a lot faster if you�re naturally interested in the subject.
    Game save/load of lists, dictionaries, and hashsets now runs the same code whether saving simple values, deep-saveable objects, in-map cross-references, or references to game data definitions.
    Mods can now override core game data as well as add to it.
    Storytellers are now defined in XML.
    Made turret look and sound weak to match its functionality.

February 14

Migrated all remaining Thing data into XML.
    Rewrote how thing component data is handled (it�s no longer defined per enum on a centralized list) and migrated it all into XML.
    Rewrote XML inheritance to inherit data about subelements and permit inheritance chaining (e.g. pawn->animal->squirrel).
    Set up apparels to spawn according to who they are, data-driven.
    Some late-night optimization, especially to the reachability checker, which, although not an expensive algorithm, can be called thousands of times in a frame, and so needs to be fast as hell.

February 13

Finished decent refactoring of effects system so it can be data-driven. Different meals/recipes can make different effects while being eaten/worked on.
    Finished refactoring out the Interactive interface; all AI actions are now specified in AI code, not in the things they interact with.
    Factored out a lot of EntityDefinitions. These are now used as mini-categories, not individual entity identifiers, so modders can add more entities easily.
    Migrated pawn kind definitions (sniper, drifter, refugee, etc) into XML.
    Migrated research project definitions into XML.

February 12

Refactoring day.
    Converted a bunch of old AI code into the new consistent toil format.
    Converted all building definitions from hardcoded into XML.
    Started modularizing EffectMakers and making them data-driven.

February 11

Recipe ingredients are now configurable and work using categories. You can tell your colonists what to butcher, and whether or not it should include people.
    Balance: Colonists self-extinguish 2.5x more often.
    Created cook stove and three meal types to cook. Advanced meal types require multiple ingredients but have better psychological and nutritive effects.
    Advanced meal types require advanced cooking skills.
    Added varied food types from plants: potatoes, agave, and berries.
    Added release-mode console GUI so modders can properly debug their content without going insane.

February 10

Refactoring day.
    Cleaned up and pumped up map save/load to be able to handle all sorts of funky cross-references. This was originally so I could save a colonist�s job with a true reference to the specific work order they were in the process of carrying out.
    Blasting charges cut (until they can be balanced properly).
    Skill needs are now data-driven so you can define specific relationships between skills and different recipes� efficiency and work time.

February 7

Started creating the �bill� interface so you can tell your colonists what to create at a recipe station. e.g. What meals to cook, what to butcher, etc.
    Reactions are now called recipes.
    Created a data-driven default settings system for storage buildings. Hoppers default to not accepting human meat.

February 6

Finished basic new AI failure condition framework.
    Thoughts are now moddable definitions.
    Cannibalism causes bad thoughts, differently depending on whether it�s eaten raw or cooked into a meal. Colonists avoid eating it. Different meats look different.
    Integrated first-pass weather and ambient sounds.

February 5

AI: The old code for having AIs watch for job failure conditions is creaking under the strain. I�ve cut it and started a new, more modularized failure condition watcher infrastructure. Now, when the JobDriver defines the high-level behaviors, the action and failure conditions won�t have to be coupled together. You�ll be able to configure and stack together failure conditions appropriate to the job being done. This allows reuse of behavior code in different contexts (e.g. Hauling a resource to a stockpile, hauling a resource to a building site, hauling a resource to a table for reaction site have different fail conditions but can use the same hauling core code).
    Started integrating Al�s ambient sounds.

February 4

AI: Started the reaction/butchery/cooking system. Working on a generalized reactions framework that characters will follow to transmute one set of items into another.
    Letters now have varying urgencies. More urgent gets a hotter color. The most urgent ones also bounce occasionally to get your attention.
    Readjusted probabilities of solid and shuffled pawn bios appearing.
    Combined pawn RaceDefinitions into general ThingDefinitions. All pawn definitions now generate meat definitions.

February 3

Guns and equipment, plants, and apparel are all now loaded from XML. Added rose decorative plant.

February 2

Mods can now load content cross-references and images. Content handling is much cleaner overall. In progress. Created Royal Bed test mod.

February 1

Added mod browser. Restructured mod data to be configurable. You can now install mods and run them in parallel. Created mod metadata screen (author, description, etc). http://puu.sh/6GuGD.jpg
    Stockpiling AI: when on hauling runs, colonists now pick up extra resources from nearby piles even if they can�t carry all of them.
    Cooks taking food to hoppers now more perf-efficient and cooks will no longer fill hoppers that are already nearly full.

334b[Released]27-1-2014
334a/b - January 26 - Alpha 1 Release Candidate 5
    Bugfixes.
    Added adaptive tutor messages for opening comms, setting storage priorities, and growing food.

333a/b/c/d - January 25 - Alpha 1 Release Candidates 1/2/3/4
    Various pre-release fixes.

332 - January 24
    Created a consistent PathMode system to explicitly handle the difference between pathing to a square and pathing to adjacent to a square or thing, in all methods and interfaces that handle finding paths or checking reachability. Ambiguity between these was causing subtle bugs.
    Performance optimizations and a worryingly large number of bugfixes.
    Integrated Ricardo�s new menu background screen. Not animated yet, but you get the idea.
    You now start with three guns, to alleviate problems with early-battle balance. The battles are supposed to get harder as you go along, not easier.

331 - January 23
● Bugfixes.

330 - January 22
● Adaptive tutor now saves its estimates of the player�s knowledge as a separate file that will persist between games. Delete Knowledge.xml (in savegames� parent folder) to reset it.
● Retuned adaptive tutor and reworked the internal numbers to all be percentages.
● Major optimizations on the algorithm for regenerating rooms. Will help during mining.
● Fixed some deep bugs in hard-case stockpiling (e.g. dropping food in a sealed room packed with food).
● Deconstructing is now done by designating a target, which the colonists go deconstruct.

329 - January 21

Worker AI rejiggered to allow prioritization of different classes of targets within one work type. The upshot is that they�ll try to finish existing unfinished buildings before carrying resources to blueprints.
    Added preferred names list, so you can encourage the game to spawn your Name in Game or Backstory in Game character.
    Rho did nicer thicker outlines for characters.
    Various bugs fixed.

328 - January 20

Stockpiling AI: Created cooking stub work type. Currently it only loads food into dispenser hoppers, so you can set this activity at a different priority than hauling.
    Refined and tuned the adaptive tutor, added about six new concepts to teach.
    Did a ton of low-hanging-fruit optimizations, greatly increasing the performance of the game and reducing memory allocations about 50%.
    Small usability changes and bug fixes.

327 - January 19

A pile of bugfixes, especially for stockpiling AI.
    Continuing to tune the adaptive tutor and put in more lessons and cues.

325 - January 17

Created adaptive tutor system. It watches everything you do and tries to determine your knowledge of various concepts. If it detects a concept is needed but knowledge hasn�t been demonstrated, it shows a helpful note. Effectively it tries to replicate a good teacher sitting behind you, saying only the things that are really needed.
    Terrain, building, and terrain scatterable definitions are now all moddable. Concept definitions (used by the adaptive tutor) as well.
    Stockpiling AI bug fixes.
    Various bug fixes.
    Imported the latest player creative content.

324 - January 16
● Stockpiling AI: Pawns will now draw from several resource piles if it helps them build more efficiently. So they can pick up from multiple resource piles, carry the resources in one trip, and then deposit them in multiple building sites. Very efficient and fun to watch!
● Included Rho�s new RimWorld logo and Ricardo�s happy/sad Randy portrait.
● Various bug fixes.
● Colonist will now eat from dispensers in prisoners� rooms as well as store meals in prisoners� rooms if there is no prisoner present.
● You can now rename stockpiles.
● Some fairly easy but extremely impactful optimizations: eliminated 30k/frame of memory allocs from switching to the same font over and over. Game no longer tries to make tooltips from every rock square in the map (only pawns make tooltips now). Some others.

323 January 16
Stockpiling AI can now collect resources for multiple building sites when taking resources to building sites. So if there is a long wall, they can collect a pile of metal and lay down a dozen wall sections at once instead of going back and forth for each one. They still only collect from one resource pile.
Various bugfixes.

A pile of bugfixes for stockpiling AI.
    Updated credits.

321 - January 13
● AI can now add to existing stacks in storage, as well as handle various contingencies with lack of space, and so on.
● Unified thing dropping placement code.
● Kassandra is now Cleopatra.

● Integrated storyteller portraits in entry menus.
● Various further bugfixes, some stockpile related, some old bugs.

318 - January 10

Fixed another batch of stockpiling bugs, largely around configuration of special storage buildings.
    Had to scrap and try a new approach to having fixed default categories on the storage buildings.

317b - January 9

Spent all day fixing bugs found by testers in the stockpiling AI system (and in other systems). Great thanks to Semmy for finding a huge number of bugs in this one.
    AIs now haul construction-blocking items to the nearest open square instead of hauling them all the way to storage.

317 - January 8

Many, many bug fixes for stockpiling-related stuff.
    Redid storage allowance system into a nice hierarchy, so you can allow/disallow storage of individual kinds of items in a stockpile, or do it by categories. All with a nice collapsible-category interface.
    Added jacket from Rho.

314 - January 6

First testing version in a while.

First attempt at basic stockpiling system. Many bugs are still in.
    Lots of other little changes, most related to stockpiling. I�ve had to redo trading, money, how dispensers use food, how things are sold and resources reclaimed, and how things are built.
    Lots of new art from Rho.

294 - December 17

Created audio authoring system, supporting one-shots and sustained sounds, various filters, pitch, volume settings, mappings from in-game parameters.
    Created live-modding system, which allows modification of game content while the game is running. This includes the package editor and the definition editor.
    Starting moving game content out of hardcoding and into external, modifiable xml and content files. This is the beginnings of the mod system.
    Created apparel system and introduced the first batch of apparel from Rho�s art.
    Created a system to randomize, remember, and manage colors for apparel and characters� skin.
    Various other changes.
[/i]
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

W1Z25

thanks for posting a public patch note!! if i could rep you i would

Oranda

Ah cool, thats what I was hoping to see... Patch notes! \o/

Kender

Why '257 - October 31' is in between '248 - November 1' and '245 - October 29'?

Shouldn't the build 257 the latest one?
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

nnescio

I assume it's a typo and should be 247 instead.

Semmy

A typo on tynan's and and a I should have checked the text before i posted.

My apologies
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Jaybanger

Quote from: Semmy on November 06, 2013, 06:43:31 AM
A typo on tynan's and and a I should have checked the text before i posted.

My apologies

Was that extra and for lol's? Given that you were saying that you should check text before you post.

Just thought it was funny enough to point out :p

vince0018

Now the real question is when we'll be able to download the latest patch.
Instead of just reading the patch notes :P

lordgiza

"Walls now short circuit as well as power conduits."

This sounds like a really bad idea. I mean absolutely horrific.

Aviator

Quote from: lordgiza on November 07, 2013, 03:48:50 PM
"Walls now short circuit as well as power conduits."

This sounds like a really bad idea. I mean absolutely horrific.
I hope that Tynan will add non-powerline walls. Because I like to run walls all over the place, this will limit the way I place my stuff too much.

DeltaV

I agree, short-circuiting walls is a bad thing.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

lordgiza

Quote from: DeltaV on November 07, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
I agree, short-circuiting walls is a bad thing.
Plus power conduits only short circuit when they have a crack in the casing and wiring. Meaning they rarely ever short circuit. Plus shouldn't they be built underground anyway?

vince0018

I think short-circuiting walls will make for more excitement  ;)

Plus. Since circuits run through the walls, doesn't this make it more realistic/fleshed-out anyways?

I like the idea.

lordgiza

Quote from: vince0018 on November 07, 2013, 04:39:10 PM
Plus. Since circuits run through the walls, doesn't this make it more realistic/fleshed-out anyways?
Think about how often the circuitry in your house short circuits during the rain, or the power lines that are just hanging there outside all the time. Really I think Tynan should re-think this and give us tools for moving power over distances outside before doing this. Although I am too late anyway, downloading the newest update now.

Galileus

Quote from: lordgiza on November 07, 2013, 06:53:29 PMThink about how often the circuitry in your house short circuits during the rain, or the power lines that are just hanging there outside all the time.

World logic vs. game logic.