[1.1.2654 (64bit)] Full screen stops updating frames (after unfocussing)

Started by DarkEyeDragon, June 24, 2020, 06:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkEyeDragon

Summary
Hello. I got back into rimworld after the 1.1 update. However now some times when I load up the game. And in almost all occasions when unfocusing the game (in full screen) by clicking on my other screen or alt tabbing.
The game will continue for 3 about seconds and then stop updating the screen. And "freeze". As if you put a screenshot over the game. Everything seems to still run. Just the screen is frozen in time and doesnt update until unfocused and focused again. Where the same thing occurs where its responsive for 3 seconds and then repeats the above.

How to reproduce
I have no clue. I can't find anyone with the same issue as me.
It worked, and somewhere between updates it stopped working. I can't tell you when since i havent played in a while.

I can't record the issue either. Recording seems to somehow make it work fine. So this makes me suspicious it's related to game focus

What i did:
1. load up rimworld
2. game stops updating when loading (after the initializing... message).
3. unfocusing the game and going back to it puts me in the main menu.
4. buttons seem responsive for about 3 seconds then the buttons stop getting highlighted even tho the sound is still there

If i'm lucky it'll load fine.

When ingame:
1. load up any save
2. unfocus the game (alt tabbing or selecting a window on another screen)
3. refocus the game
4. game stops updating the screen, but still runs.
5. reee and alt tab and hurry up to save the game before it freezes again.
6. restart rimworld

Note: is that this ONLY happens in fullscreen.

I added the player.log in the attachments for system specs.

I don't think its really a game bug but rather something with drivers or OS (Windows 10). But i can't for the life of me figure it out.

Canute

Hi,
QuoteI don't think its really a game bug but rather something with drivers or OS (Windows 10).
i think that too.
You should try at first to update the video drivers.
Rimworld 1.1 use a different unity engine compared to the previous releases, updated video drivers helped most people.

Do you use any video capture or enhance software or similar sound things ? Try to disable them before you start rimworld.

I think when you didn't use fullscreen it could help too, if you don't find another solution.