[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimandevil

Interesting mod.
Actually i have a suggestion. Maybe u can expand that 'Colonist' button to something like that:
basically its 3 (or 3in1) button
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

James009

Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Sailor Dave

Thanks a lot for the vanilla layout, everything I liked is still there. This is a great convenience.

Rannzou

This mod slow the hell down my game :/ it takes 2 mins to loads! and 1 year to open mods folder.And i checked and this mod is to blame he is the reason i had to reinstall my game!

LuciferNZ

Great UI mod mate - no slowdowns or lag on my crappy Laptop thats a billion years old.

Anyway, I was wondering, is there any way to fiddle around with the Overview page at all?

Id like to show the colonists passion as well as the bordered skill level (lighter is better) - maybe instead of yellow green etc for 1,2,3 or 4 - make the number always a grey, yellow or green depending on passion (Green for burning, Yellow for interested, grey for no interest).

I can understand if this is out of scope, or has not yet been exposed to modders by Tynan - but its been a pet peeve of mine since the game came out ;)

EdB

Quote from: Rannzou on August 20, 2014, 06:04:52 AM
This mod slow the hell down my game :/ it takes 2 mins to loads! and 1 year to open mods folder.And i checked and this mod is to blame he is the reason i had to reinstall my game!

I'm sorry that you had trouble with the mod.  Are you on Windows/Mac/Linux?  Were you trying to use the mod with other mods?  If so, which ones?

EdB

Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 21, 2014, 01:57:07 AM
Id like to show the colonists passion as well as the bordered skill level (lighter is better) - maybe instead of yellow green etc for 1,2,3 or 4 - make the number always a grey, yellow or green depending on passion

Good idea!  Definitely possible to modify the Overview panel.  The only drawback to using the different colors to show the passion level is that you'd only get the information with "manual priorities" selected.  I can try an extra border or something around the checkboxes to try to get a good visual treatment for it (I'll try it with the colors, too).

Ruin

Quote from: Tynan on August 10, 2014, 10:26:45 PM
Unfortunately the base game sets the standard minimum res of 1024x768, while this mod requires 900px tall. Otherwise the base game would probably look more like this.
I think there are some cool things in in this mod that might apply to vanilla as well without requiring more vertical resolution (e.g. the context-sensitive commands).  Also, would it not be possible to have a few optional features you can turn on if you use a big monitor?  I use 2560x1600 and would certainly appreciate them.

LuciferNZ

Quote from: EdB on August 22, 2014, 08:57:58 PM
Good idea!  Definitely possible to modify the Overview panel.  The only drawback to using the different colors to show the passion level is that you'd only get the information with "manual priorities" selected.  I can try an extra border or something around the checkboxes to try to get a good visual treatment for it (I'll try it with the colors, too).
Thats good news to hear!

I realise the colours would require manual only - but to be honest, if your not using manual priorities, you probably also dont care about the passion :)

bigjane

I've been using Clutter (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2541.0) and Glittertech (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.0) together for a playthrough and have not had any problems, when I added this mod the slabbed and podbed from Clutter become large red squares. Disabling this mod or Glittertech fixes the textures. For some reason your mod is unloading those textures when Glittertech is present...
From my log (no clue what this means but uhh 2 right?):
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

That being said I really do like this mod, keep up the great work and if you could take a look at that mod interaction I would appreciate it.

Iwillbenicetou

The slabs and pob beds turning into X's are fine, just reload your save, and you're ready to go!
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

bigjane

Oh man do I feel dumb, what an easy fix! Thanks a bunch, saving again then loading that save fixed it.

thefinn

Good mod, I'm sure more could be improved on the rest of the UI tbh.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

EdB

Quote from: bigjane on August 27, 2014, 06:19:53 PM
I've been using Clutter (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2541.0) and Glittertech (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5509.0) ... when I added this mod the slabbed and podbed from Clutter become large red squares.

This is actually an issue that can happen to any mod that loads textures from within their assemblies (as opposed to defining them in the XML definition files).  You can reproduce the issue by following these steps: 1) Launch RimWorld 2) Go to the Mods selection dialog 3) Select your mod 4) Click the Close button 5) Go right back to the Mods selection dialog 6) Click Close again--without changing anything 7) Start a new game up.  RESULT: You'll see the red X's.  There's something that happens when the mods get reloaded that can result in textures getting unloaded.  I usually just restart the game if I need to go to the Mods selection screen more than once.

I did put in a fix for this issue for textures in the UI mod, but each individual mod that has the problem would need their own fix.