[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonlord091

Maybe I'm just out of it right now, but last I checked I didn't see any option for sending files attached to private messages through the website.

I could try to email it or something, but I've never actually tried to send the save file itself before.

EdB

Quote from: Demonlord091 on March 08, 2015, 03:40:04 AM
Maybe I'm just out of it right now, but last I checked I didn't see any option for sending files attached to private messages through the website.

I could try to email it or something, but I've never actually tried to send the save file itself before.

My mistake.  Looks like you are right.  I do not see an option for attaching in there either.  Feel free to email, or post somewhere that I can grab it.  Sorry for the hassle, but again, it's pretty much the only way that I'll be able to figure out what's going on.

Demonlord091

On the off chance I'm right and it is a thing with the hair, I have a guess as to which mod is causing some of the problems.

As for email, if you're willing to send me one of yours in a PM I'll send over the file you requested.

Igabod

Quote from: Demonlord091 on March 08, 2015, 08:22:00 PM
On the off chance I'm right and it is a thing with the hair, I have a guess as to which mod is causing some of the problems.

As for email, if you're willing to send me one of yours in a PM I'll send over the file you requested.

Wouldn't it be easier just to attach it to a comment here? All comments can have attachments on them. This saves you the effort of going through email.

EdB

Quote from: Igabod on March 08, 2015, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: Demonlord091 on March 08, 2015, 08:22:00 PM

Wouldn't it be easier just to attach it to a comment here? All comments can have attachments on them. This saves you the effort of going through email.

There's a 600KB limit on attachments so I was thinking that wouldn't cover it for a save game, but you're right: if you compress it with 7zip or rar, that should be attachable--assuming you want to share it with the forum (which you may not).

Igabod

Quote from: EdB on March 08, 2015, 08:58:40 PM
There's a 600KB limit on attachments so I was thinking that wouldn't cover it for a save game, but you're right: if you compress it with 7zip or rar, that should be attachable--assuming you want to share it with the forum (which you may not).

Wow... I didn't realize the save files were quite that big. But I did test and with .zip the save file was too large to be attached with a very early game save file. With that same file .7z got it down to 328kb so it can be attached. However, with a mid-game save file, even .7z was too large to attach. I don't have a .rar program so I can't test it but I suspect it isn't that much different than .7z is.

So my conclusion is that early game save files can be attached to forum posts. Any savegame file that is around 18,000kb and below can be compressed enough with .7z to attach. Anything else will need to be either emailed or uploaded to dropbox or something.

EdB

Quote from: Demonlord091 on March 07, 2015, 08:40:42 PM
I seem to have encountered a minor bug that affects both the UI and the colonists, I don't think all of it is related to this mod but I'm sure one part is.

If you'll take a look at the UI you'll notice that some of the colonist icons are missing. Now if you look at the Hoshi pawn you'll notice he appears naked. He is not naked, but for some reason the clothes he's wearing don't show up and neither do any weapons or items he's carrying. This nonsense started when my colony incapacitated him and one other guy and made them prisoners. As soon as I loaded the game up next I got a load of bug and error messages that were refreshing themselves too fast to click on them for details. Pausing the game didn't stop that from happening.

Your Mod Organizer has proved quite helpful for fixing a lot of crap, but this bit has me stumped. Whatever it is seems to spread every time I save and reload the file, killing off a new EdB UI Pawn Icon each time.

I managed to get a screenshot of the log entry that seems to be linked to part of this nonsense. It's too large to post as a second attachment, so I'll make a continuation post below this one. It looks like it has something to do with his hair. o.O

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Just to follow-up on this for anyone who was curious.  If you ever see this specific error, it turns out that it's caused by a colonist who has no hair graphic associated with them in the save file (no story/hairDef entry in the save file at all).  While I can add better error-handling to fix the way that the colonist bar is broken when this happens, I cannot fix the primary null pointer error that you're seeing in the attached images.  You need to fix the save file to add a hairDef entry to the problem colonist.

I'm thinking that there's a mod out there--or some combination of mods--that's causing pawns to be generated with no hair (this was a recruited colonist, so not one that generated to start the game), but it's hard to say for sure how it happened.

Demonlord091

I can hazard a guess at two mods together that might cause this out of the many I was using, but I'm no coder so I'll just keep the names to myself for now.

The mod and game itself work fine despite the obvious bug with the missing images, so even if someone else is unlucky enough to get that problem it's only a minor annoyance.

Keep up the good work, EdB.

Edit: My God I'm an idiot. The simplest solution to that problem was staring me in the face and I didn't even notice until now.

Just put a hat or a helmet on the guy and everything goes back to normal. o.O
I feel kind of silly for taking so long to actually figure that out..

Argelle

Hello, and thanks for the nice addition to the game :)
I was puzzled as to where the infinite was gone in the workshop tab?

I can add ou substract item to build, but not "always do". IMO it's quite usefull for buchery : always prepare the meat.

Another question : do you intend to implemend a feature like "prepare meal, so there is always ten" ? Oh, like the "info", the option is here available by right click, I do not found it firstly :s

Darkhymn

If I could pick just one mod for Rimwolrd, this would be it. Absolutely essential, in my mind, as a quality of life and convenience add-on. Thanks for making this, and thanks for making it available to us!

UMK

If I had to choose only one mod I will play with it will be the one which makes everybody psychopaths.  ;D

Hayhorse

Bug report for this mod EdB it seems to ( by its-self as the only mod other than mod order) crash my game upon activation. Going to try a new download.

Hayhorse

Never mind Norton's "ws.reputation.1" system is being stupid again and decided to quarantine the first version then delete the second one.

Darkhymn

Quote from: Hayhorse on March 14, 2015, 10:12:00 AM
Never mind Norton's "ws.reputation.1" system is being stupid again and decided to quarantine the first version then delete the second one.

Yeah, don't use Norton. There literally is not a worse paid antivirus/firewall. There are several free alternatives I could recommend, but if you're looking for top notch, go with Kaspersky Internet Security or Eset Smart Security.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.