[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Quote from: HawkeDB on December 23, 2014, 11:08:45 AM
Hey EDB,

I had posted a problem with Nu Metals + EDB Interface on JE's thread:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7906.15

Basically when I am using both mods, (JE's on the second last mod order and yours on the last mod order) and I go to add a bill on the Furnace to smelt ore, I am able to click on bills, then when I select ADD BILL, nothing comes up. However when I disable EDB Interface the options to smelt appear when selecting ADD BILL.

JE Requested I add this problem to your thread.

Yes i think it has something to do with the new <recipeUsers> tag which Tynan added in A8. I guess the interface thing is not reading out the recipes properly.

EdB

Quote from: JuliaEllie on December 23, 2014, 11:12:51 AM
Yes i think it has something to do with the new <recipeUsers> tag which Tynan added in A8. I guess the interface thing is not reading out the recipes properly.

Could be.  I'll take a look.  I might not have updated how it reads the recipes with alpha 8.  I probably won't be able to get to a fix for about a week, but as a workaround you can disable the alternate Bills tab from the Interface Options menu.

Temeez

Suggestion: When a colonist is selected and a weapon is equipped; Right click the weapon box (at bottom left) and select "Information". Would be a less tedious to check the weapon info that way.

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Rock5

Is there any chance you can make the colony bar resizable? I'm up to 24 colonist so far (my biggest colony so far) and the colony bar takes up too much space on the screen. I know there is an option to hide it but I like using it so would rather just have smaller images. Ideally it should auto adjust itself depending on the number of colonists.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EdB

Quote from: Rock5 on January 07, 2015, 08:13:56 AM
Is there any chance you can make the colony bar resizable? I'm up to 24 colonist so far (my biggest colony so far) and the colony bar takes up too much space on the screen. I know there is an option to hide it but I like using it so would rather just have smaller images. Ideally it should auto adjust itself depending on the number of colonists.

There's an option for this.  Go to Menu -> Interface Options and click the "Use Smaller Icons" checkbox.  I decided not to auto-adjust the size just because I figured that everyone likely has their own opinion about how many is too many.

Rock5

Yes, that will do nicely. With the added bonus that it changed it to rows of 10 instead of 8. I've decided to aim for a colony of 30 this time so a nice and neat 3 rows of 10. :)
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

john pretzel

Hi edb, how you doing?

I'm writing you here wondering if you are thinking any time soon to update your mod in order to work with the other races. You know, the tab order when picking pawns? I recall some time ago you said this was related to your mod.. so, just wondering.  :)

Cheers!

P.S.
Quote from: EdB on January 07, 2015, 10:17:54 AM
There's an option for this.  Go to Menu -> Interface Options and click the "Use Smaller Icons" checkbox.  I decided not to auto-adjust the size just because I figured that everyone likely has their own opinion about how many is too many.

Very useful!

EdB

Quote from: john pretzel on January 07, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
I'm writing you here wondering if you are thinking any time soon to update your mod in order to work with the other races. You know, the tab order when picking pawns?

I probably will not be doing another update before Alpha 9, but I will try to find a fix for this problem with that release.

ThaPear

I'm loving this mod, truly great.
However, is there a chance you could implement a way to decrease the size or spacing of the colonist status bar icons further?
Even when I use the smaller icons, it fills a large part of my screen in my current 110-colonist colony.

EdB

Quote from: ThaPear on January 08, 2015, 09:49:08 AM
is there a chance you could implement a way to decrease the size or spacing of the colonist status bar icons further?

Unfortunately, I can't make the colonist names smaller than they are, which limits how small I can make everything.  You can hide the colonist bar by right-clicking on it and selecting the option that appears.  This will shrink it down to a little icon in the upper-right corner of the screen that you can click to display the bar again.  I added that with the hope that you can quickly toggle the visibility of the bar when you need it.

It sounds like the fonts are changing a bit in Alpha 9, so it's possible that I can revisit this then.

Johnny Masters

Hello EdB, is it possible to have *all* colonists tabs open or close at the same time through a hotkey?

Skay24

The inventory option doesn't work for me. Don't now why, but when I click it, and nothing happens.

EdB

Quote from: Skay24 on January 12, 2015, 05:09:35 AM
The inventory option doesn't work for me. Don't now why, but when I click it, and nothing happens.

Are you using other mods?  If so, it's probably some kind of mod incompatibility.  If you open the console (the ` key), there may be an error message there that gives a better idea of what's causing the problem.

john pretzel

Quote from: EdB on January 08, 2015, 12:20:22 AM
Quote from: john pretzel on January 07, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
I'm writing you here wondering if you are thinking any time soon to update your mod in order to work with the other races. You know, the tab order when picking pawns?

I probably will not be doing another update before Alpha 9, but I will try to find a fix for this problem with that release.

Thanks edb  ;)