[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock5

Yes, that's it! I was wondering what those extra names were that kept appearing in the list.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EdB

Quote from: Shinzy on January 22, 2015, 09:11:13 AM
EdBard!

I was testing my own mod (spawning in pirates and villagers to check how often they'd spawn with some items)
so I cycled through them in the gear tab
and then I start reading gear of random space soldiers I hadn't put on map ;D

you can determine if cryptopods have enemies or friendlies in them like this (and see their gear)
Don't know if it's fixable thing but it's pretty exploitable! ;D

Good catch.  That should be fixable.  I will take a look.

SilverDragon

Quote from: Shinzy on January 22, 2015, 09:11:13 AM
Don't know if it's fixable thing but it's pretty exploitable! ;D

:D Just like when the core game makes the scarabs go crazy, and you hit jump-to-location just to find out the scarabs are having a rave party inside a cryptopod. So you're like "Nope nope nope, not today scarabs! D: "
Its a singleplayer game with looots of mods of variable amounts of pls-nerf-op, but in the end it's the player who uses the features to cheese. So much fun!  ;D
I've been trying to fiddle around with the EdBInterface.dll to see if I could move the colonist bar around, it'd be handy to be able to adjust its location abit, it sometimes looks weird when the colony grows, filling the whole screen except for the left side because the bar starting point is at 640,16 :D

Alt

Quote from: EdB on January 12, 2015, 11:27:27 AM
Are you using other mods?  If so, it's probably some kind of mod incompatibility.  If you open the console (the ` key), there may be an error message there that gives a better idea of what's causing the problem.

The Inventory option doesn't work for me either. When I first installed the mod it worked, but all of a sudden it stopped working and I'm not using any other mods.

I took this picture of the debug log. I'm not sure if this might help

SilverDragon

My best uneducated guess for that error would be that you have way too much stuff for the inventory to count it! ;D
Just out of curiousity, whats the highest amount of a single type of item you have, for example steel or such?

EdB

Quote from: MasterfulGamer on January 25, 2015, 09:30:35 AM
The Inventory option doesn't work for me either. When I first installed the mod it worked, but all of a sudden it stopped working and I'm not using any other mods.

There's a particular item or building that it's failing to count.  Usually this happens when it's something out of the ordinary from another mod.  Unfortunately, I'm not logging enough information for the console output to be useful.  I've been experimenting in dev mod to try hunt down the culprit, but so far no luck.  I'll keep looking, but if there's a particular building that you can think of that you first added soon before it stopped working or a particular item that you moved into a stockpile, that might help.

SilverDragon

Quote from: EdB on January 25, 2015, 12:17:43 PM
There's a particular item or building that it's failing to count.  Usually this happens when it's something out of the ordinary from another mod.  Unfortunately, I'm not logging enough information for the console output to be useful.  I've been experimenting in dev mod to try hunt down the culprit, but so far no luck.  I'll keep looking, but if there's a particular building that you can think of that you first added soon before it stopped working or a particular item that you moved into a stockpile, that might help.

Do you know if there's a soft or hard limit to a single type of item the inventory can count up to? I sometimes get this inventory issue but very rarely, and I'm running Rimworld with almost 90 active mods now.

EdB

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 12:24:05 PM
Do you know if there's a soft or hard limit to a single type of item the inventory can count up to? I sometimes get this inventory issue but very rarely, and I'm running Rimworld with almost 90 active mods now.

All it's really doing is counting things on the map, so it should not have a limit.

SilverDragon

Quote from: EdB on January 25, 2015, 01:08:01 PM
Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

All it's really doing is counting things on the map, so it should not have a limit.

Ok thanks, that is good to know. :) I'll see if I can reliably reproduce the issue.

Kolljak

EdB do you think there is a way you could add a Food type Filter onto this interface... im using a food mod and my freaking colonists are eating all the flour before it can be made into bread.

EdB

Quote from: Kolljak on January 25, 2015, 04:24:22 PM
EdB do you think there is a way you could add a Food type Filter onto this interface... im using a food mod and my freaking colonists are eating all the flour before it can be made into bread.

You mean a way to restrict food from being eaten?  That gets more into modifying core gameplay mechanics, which the interface mod doesn't really do.  Someone else would need to take on that particular change.

SilverDragon

Quote from: EdB on January 25, 2015, 04:48:52 PM
Quote from: Kolljak on January 25, 2015, 04:24:22 PM

You mean a way to restrict food from being eaten?  That get more into modifying core gameplay mechanics, which the interface mod doesn't really do.  Someone else would need to take on that particular change.

Isn't that something the mod maker that has that flour item to hotfix? Make flour inedible or very very low priority to be consumed?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Hey EdB i found a buck with the inventory i just started and had a ship part crash, well i destroyed it and i colected the core from it and put it in my stock pile. Then i got this debud menu with this error saying Xmlerror:<inventoryArrangeApparelByColor>true</inventoryArrangeApparelByColor> doesn't correspond to any field in type ModPreferencesData
And now i cant open up the inventory tab

I added the bold and underline to help you guys see it
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

EdB

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 25, 2015, 11:00:38 PM
Hey EdB i found a buck with the inventory i just started and had a ship part crash, well i destroyed it and i colected the core from it and put it in my stock pile. Then i got this debud menu with this error saying Xmlerror:<inventoryArrangeApparelByColor>true</inventoryArrangeApparelByColor> doesn't correspond to any field in type ModPreferencesData
And now i cant open up the inventory tab

I added the bold and underline to help you guys see it

That's actually a warning that comes up as soon as you start the game and should not cause the Inventory Panel to fail--it's an old preference that I removed recently.  If the debug console suddenly appeared, there's probably another error message in there.  Red text is an error and will pop open the console.  Yellow text is a warning and won't pop open the console.

I think some other error is causing the problem.  I tested with a ship core, and it seems like it works ok.