[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Marnador on January 27, 2015, 06:51:46 AM
Alright this wasn't easy but I think I tracked the issue or at least whats causing Inventory to fail.
Unless this was already found in that case ah well =p let those who are new to this problem see at least.
This is a vanilla colony no mods besides EdB Interface.
Where there is an unfinished stone flooring blueprint it gives this...

Thanks for figuring this out!  This is very likely the issue that most people have been running into.  I will work on a fix.

Alt

Alright this wasn't easy but I think I tracked the issue or at least whats causing Inventory to fail.
Unless this was already found in that case ah well =p let those who are new to this problem see at least.
Where there is an unfinished stone flooring blueprint it gives this

But as soon as I cancel it to goes back to normal, I tried this theory multiple times and every time pawn start a flooring blueprint (stone in my case) this error pops up.
This is what happens as soon as I cancel it.
Basically all goes back to normal.

This is not the case for me. I get those two exact messages when clicking the Inventory, but I have no unfinished stone floor blueprint. I even tried to cancel every building order in the map, but nothing was cancelled.

EdB

Quote from: MasterfulGamer on January 27, 2015, 10:45:22 AM

But as soon as I cancel it to goes back to normal, I tried this theory multiple times and every time pawn start a flooring blueprint (stone in my case) this error pops up.

This is not the case for me. I get those two exact messages when clicking the Inventory, but I have no unfinished stone floor blueprint. I even tried to cancel every building order in the map, but nothing was cancelled.

When I put together a fix for the described issue, I'll also do my best to add better error handling that will hopefully explicitly log the thing that's causing the problem.

Marnador

Quote from: MasterfulGamer on January 27, 2015, 10:45:22 AM

Could you perhaps share your save? maybe I could attempt to track it on my spare time.

EdB

I've done a quick bug-fix release, v2.5.2 that fixes a problem with the inventory screen when it tries to count unfinished floors (thanks again to Marnador for figuring out the cause).  If you continue to have issues with the inventory screen, let me know.  I tried to make the error handling more complete, so I'm hoping that error messages in the console will be more clear if it fails now.

I've also fixed it so that enemies that are in cryptosleep caskets are no longer included when you cycle through enemies from the character tabs.

Thanks again to everyone for reporting these bugs.

Marnador

Quote from: EdB on January 30, 2015, 12:44:05 AM
I've done a quick bug-fix release, v2.5.2 that fixes a problem with the inventory screen when it tries to count unfinished floors (thanks again to Marnador for figuring out the cause).  If you continue to have issues with the inventory screen, let me know.  I tried to make the error handling more complete, so I'm hoping that error messages in the console will be more clear if it fails now.

I've also fixed it so that enemies that are in cryptosleep caskets are no longer included when you cycle through enemies from the character tabs.

Thanks again to everyone for reporting these bugs.
That's great news! I already informed one of the Let's players to update his version of EdB Interface hopefully that fixes his inventory.

rephikul

It'd be nice if there's a one-word job status under each Pawn. It could be a second line under their names or a replacement of the names. Literally the first word of the reportString as described in Job_Misc.xml would do.

mrkorb

I posted a mod request here to move mouseover text into a space that is always visible when the architect and colonist panels are opened, and it occurred to me that it might actually be an option that fits in with this UI mod.  If you could take a look and consider incorporating it, I'd be appreciative.  Thanks for your work.

Reptavian

Hello, I am still a bit new to Rimworld, this is my first time trying to use a mod.  I unzipped the folder and put it in the mod folder, started the game, sure enough it was in the mod list and I did activate it.  But I don't see anything different, even though I tried starting a new colony.  WTF am I doing wrong?  Please help because this mod is just what I need to help keep track of things.

EdB

Quote from: Reptavian on February 08, 2015, 10:45:44 PM
Hello, I am still a bit new to Rimworld, this is my first time trying to use a mod.  I unzipped the folder and put it in the mod folder, started the game, sure enough it was in the mod list and I did activate it.  But I don't see anything different, even though I tried starting a new colony.  WTF am I doing wrong?  Please help because this mod is just what I need to help keep track of things.

Take a look at this thread about installing mods.  From what you're describing, it sounds like you might have ended up with an extra folder when you extracted the mod.  From that thread:

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 19, 2014, 08:11:57 PM
3. Move the folder into the mods folder, located in your Rimworld install location, make sure that the mods files are 1 level deep (for example /mods/modname/defs. not /mods/modname/modname/defs as sometimes happens, or /mods/defs/

Reptavian

Lol, that did it thanks, I'm such a derpy newb I didn't originally understand that line from the forum you linked me even though I had already seen it.

Viceroy

Hey EdB, I was just wondering, since you are a boffin with UI stuff evidently. I have a problem that really irks me, you see when you are running loads and loads of mods you often times find yourself using 50%+ of your screenspace when you are in a furniture menu or floors menu or what have you. I don't know if this has been requested before (probably has) but...  Would it be possible to:

A) Reduce the icon sizes for constructions.
and/or
B) Make the icon panel smaller and multi-page.
and/or
C) Make the page hide itself the moment you select a construction whilst holding down Ctrl.

Thus allowing the free men of Cowgos Mu to see where they are placing items. Thank you for your time and consideration. :)
Dog goes moo!

Rock5

I second that.

What I'd like to have is a button I can press that dismisses the UI but doesn't interfere with what you are doing. So for example after selecting something to place you press the button to toggle the UI, so you can see what you are doing, and place the item.

Edit: Just had a closer look at the in game controls. F9 does the trick. Completely removes all UI elements for easy placement of objects. :)

Edit2: Spoke too soon. It clears the UI and the pointer is still holding the object to be placed but it doesn't allow you to place it. Who's brilliant idea was that?  >:(

Edit3: I think it's a bug because in F9 mode you can still use some keyboard controls but the mouse is totally disabled which doesn't make sense. So I think they accidentally disabled the mouse when in F9 mode.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

EdB

Just a preemptive update: I am working on converting to alpha 9.  It looks like it's going to be a fairly painful update--there are a ton of changes that need to be made.  It will probably be at least few days before you can expect a release.