[1.1.2654 Royalty] Mech cluster auto mortar activated without being triggered.

Started by MxCrossbrand, June 24, 2020, 02:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxCrossbrand

Disclosure:
I am using the HugsLib, Edb Prepare Carefully, Harmony, JecsTools, RimHUD, Mod Manager, and Tech Advancing mods, however I do not feel as though these mods could cause the bug I am experiencing without there being multiple posts about this bug on the mod bugs forum given these mods' ubiquity.

Bug Report:
As part of a quest, a mech cluster was spawned at 2x strength on the map which included an auto mortar. The cluster only had proximity sensors to activate it's mechs, so I left it alone. An indeterminate time after the cluster landed, the auto mortar activated without the proximity sensors being tripped, or any of the mechs within the cluster being damaged. After reloading the save a couple times and checking the auto mortar, it had an independent countdown until it would start firing.

This bug could likely be replicated on a mid to late game save with a quest that spawns a mech cluster through repeatedly reloading the latest save before the mech cluster spawns, and checking any auto mortars that spawn as part of the cluster. Unfortunately, I don't have the save where this happened for me, as this is my first playthrough of the game, and I was more concerned with playing through it once normally to get a grasp for things. With this in mind, I cheated and deleted the bugged auto mortar before moving on.

If this isn't a bug, I feel that it would be beneficial to players if there was a warning in the messages in the bottom right corner when a mech from a cluster activates, or is about to activate. It took me reloading the save a couple times to figure out what was happening.

Edit: Another mech cluster spawned with an auto mortar which has the same issue; I immediately saved. The save file is too big to post, but I'll hang on to it in case it can be used.

Canute

Hi,
i just test some thing out.
Auto-Mortar isn't at sleep after the cluster land like all the other mechs/structures.
It need the 120 sec to reload after landing and then shoot.

I don't think that is intended, but the dev's need to decide it.