[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

Abrexus

Quote from: CounterFact on August 24, 2014, 06:12:33 AM
Any ETA on the next patch/version (2.0? :) )
A small suggestion might be to add clay (made of sand) walls as a cheap early game alternative to the plank/log walls. Because on dessert maps it's quite a pain to collect wood and soil is rare and needed for food. Stone walls are pretty early tech, but at 10 blocks per square that's quite labour intensive as well.

Btw, I'm starting to grow quite fond of this mod. This is how the vanilla game should be in my opinion.

Barring any major issues, we're on track for a Tuesday release of 2.0...
it will be the Superior Crafting "Men with Hats" edition  :o

Ember

in addition to that serving table that someone asked for earlier, could you make similar objects that hold the Agave gels and one for apparel? would love more general furniture like the stuff in the clutter mod, but I'm finding myself avoiding the parts except for a select few because they don't use the resources of your mod

Matthiasagreen

An issue I am having (which may have been mentioned) is the inefficiency of building. In the vanilla version most (maybe all) items are made up of one material. So when they are hauling materials to the build site, they haul it for multiple items at one time. With multi-material items, they do this for the first material and then haul the second material one building job at a time. For example, with powered stone walls, they will haul all the metal at one time, then make individual trips for for the stone, hauling stone for one wall and then building it. For large projects, this makes it take a very long time. Any thoughts?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

MrWashingToad

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on August 25, 2014, 11:42:30 AM
An issue I am having (which may have been mentioned) is the inefficiency of building. In the vanilla version most (maybe all) items are made up of one material. So when they are hauling materials to the build site, they haul it for multiple items at one time. With multi-material items, they do this for the first material and then haul the second material one building job at a time. For example, with powered stone walls, they will haul all the metal at one time, then make individual trips for for the stone, hauling stone for one wall and then building it. For large projects, this makes it take a very long time. Any thoughts?

It's not the most creative fix, but I've resorted to doing small 'critical' area supply dumps from my main stash before doing large projects. Set it to only the materials you'll be using.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Reaper

Hey, so i am new to the game, and have been looking for a mod to make good soil, any chance? you could simply make a composter mod that uses old corpses to produce a item and you can build into a tile?

CounterFact

Quote from: Reaper on August 26, 2014, 03:02:13 AM
Hey, so i am new to the game, and have been looking for a mod to make good soil, any chance? you could simply make a composter mod that uses old corpses to produce a item and you can build into a tile?

In this mod you can convert wood logs to mulch in a composter and the mulch can be used as a resource for rich soil.
I've always wondered though, what the grow/wield ratio is for the different soil types, gravel, soil, rich soil. In other words, is it worth it to go for rich soil or not.

Abrexus

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on August 25, 2014, 11:42:30 AM

It does take a long time, you're right.  It may be possible to adjust this by rewriting the jobgiver code of the game itself, but I wont be able to tackle that until after I release version 2.0.  Which....should be out later today!

I guess what counterfact stated as an alternative solution could also be viewed as an extra level of tactics as a good building site would always be near a supply depot.

Rannzou

hey the food synthethyzer should be a little bigger i can't put enough hoppers on it!

CounterFact

Quote from: Rannzou on August 26, 2014, 09:02:31 AM
hey the food synthethyzer should be a little bigger i can't put enough hoppers on it!

Build 2 food synthesizers :)
But thinking of this it made me wonder if you could build certain 'storage units' where you could stack more than 75 worth of resources or more than 1 object on a single tile, because sometimes your storage zone gets flooded with weapons and iron ore.

Chaplain

I have to say I love this mod.  I would kinda love to see some way to replace existing walls implemented if at all possible.  Nothing infuriates me quite as much as having to tear down all the existing walls in a camp in a manner that doesn't cause cave ins, then replace them with the newly researched type of wa-- ah crap the researcher found the powered type of the same wall...  I get that it makes planning more important but still it would make life easier.

Killaim

love the mods here :D

i have a few ideas if thats allright

1. any way to mod the mood from the various stages of rotten corpses - i feel like the final stage "skeleton" shouldent impose much of a mood modifier.

i get up to the point in the game where huge traveling groups come in and the end result is "always" a psychotic death ball of people somewhere on the map because they have to travel through a area filled with corpses due to simply being impossible to gather all of it.

2. ive seen mods in the past that could force a pawn to go eat or sleep - would be very nice to have in this mod too :D

3. if you are gonna venture into storage containers perhaps a clothes rack/hat rack to hang several pieces of clothes on :) seem to be having quite a surplus (see post 1)

4. i noticed that the emp mortar is very effective against the mechanoids - but a solar storm is not at all effective ( i think this would be awesome if solar storms would cause the mechanoids to shutdown / be slowed(if thats even possible?), so its not just a death sentence if you get both a mechanoid AND a solar storm (if at the level in the game as post 1 - thats a insane amount of mechs to fight without turrets

5. (more a bug report) - i sometimes have a few colonists suddenly grab onto a meal and be unable to drop it - they will then try to eat it (fail, and still carry it) go and pick up another one (try to eat it, and fail) one of these colonists can very quickly completely empty my food stock and without warning (only pure chance i notice it)

i think its something to do with the recruitment / healing / feeding of prisoners and something goes wrong

the last one there im not sure if its due to your mods - but thought id post it here too.

Thanx for the mod! its awesome :D

Lithial

this is gonna sound really stupid but can i ask that the next version be named aaaSuperiourCrafting so any changes we make for compat don't need to be named zzz(modnamehere) :P

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: Lithial on August 27, 2014, 08:52:46 AM
this is gonna sound really stupid but can i ask that the next version be named aaaSuperiourCrafting so any changes we make for compat don't need to be named zzz(modnamehere) :P

It only sounds stupid when you don't know to edit about.xml to do it yourself  ::)

thrashingmadpl

Hi. First of all, I would like to thank and congratulate Abrexus for an excellent work on the mod. Really nice mix of complexity and progression added to the base game. I've grabbed 1.6 version some time ago, and started let's play series. Unfortunately, it turns out that in this version 'Siege Bug' still persists. I've already invested quite a lot of work into the series, and would rather not abandon it now.

So the question is, can I somehow fix this 'Siege Bug' on my 1.6 version of the mod? Or perhaps even upgrade my savegame to v1.10? I would greatly appretiate some help. :)

Oh, and here's linky to my LP (Polish language though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLeqeSKDBIc

Killaim

having issues with dismantling power armors and armor vests the pawns will never do the jobs - and one time i saw a pawn going around from armor vest to armorvest carrying one (with the job saying -deconstructing) but he would walk from vest to vest

using the apothecary addon