[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

LuisMH

Gratz on making this awesome mod.

Can you please upload it to some other sites too? I'm unable to download from Nexus.
Google Drive works fine, and others too.

Thank you!

MrWashingToad

Quoted: Also, what is everyone's thought on items that do give skill increases (such as the shooting range for example) having a small chance per gain to also increase a pawns passion for that skill?  -- Abrexus

This would be awesome! What if the character had never shot before, but got assigned the skill with more than 0 just because basic hand-eye coordination. Uses the shooting range, and loves it, gets a small passion for it. I'd say make it a random chance, but keep it low - say 1 to 8% chance, or it could quickly overpower the characters if they stay around a while and get huge passion for every skill. Same with the other crafting skills, or cooking.

Would be awesome if we could toggle the shooting range off - otherwise have to keep toggling the colonists to hunt when I select some animals to kill off, and if I forget - or if they are close to shooting range they run over there first.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

just_dont

Quote from: Abrexus on August 28, 2014, 07:11:01 AMAlso, what is everyones thought on items that do give skill increases (such as the shooting range for example) having a small chance per gain to also increase a pawns passion for that skill?
Passions and traits "define" pawns character, and I don't think it's a good idea to have those changeable. It will inevitably turn into situation where all colonists have every skill (that could be upgraded in this way) set to "Burning". Eventually. Unless you're talking about such extremely small chances that even a 1 upgrade per year per pawn would be considered "lucky". However, I can't imagine it would be easy to properly balance these chances.

This could work better with a "passion cap": a pawn with low number of passions could have some potential for an increase, and thus could eventually get a new passion or even two. But a pawn with already solid amount of passions shouldn't be getting any more. This way, you won't need to fine-tune extremely small chance values, and pawns will generally stay within their own original character and won't all turn into know-it-alls (or rather want-it-alls).

CosmicKobal

First, I just want to say that I love this mod :). I'm glad to see you merging it with select features from others.

now that that's out of the way, I've noticed a couple problems so far.

1. Sometimes, when I draft my colonists, have them fight for anywhere between a couple seconds to a couple minutes, once I undraft them, only a few of them will go back to their lives. the rest will just stand there with their thumbs up their A**. sometimes one or two of the colonists WILL break away from the 'stupid ball' and go back to doing stuff, but that seems to be the exception.

2. Whenever I try to set a bill with the chemlab, If I have the supplies to make 10 shroom-stims for example, I will see five actual, and separate options to click to make it. like this;

Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim
             Shroom-Stim

Eventually, it will push things like the med kits and agave gel off of the screen so that I cant select them as a bill.

3. After researching EVERYTHING available except the shipbuilding section, I still was unable to find the agave tank in the architect menu.

4. No matter what skills I enabled or supplies I had on hand, I was unable to make any colonists work at the brewery.

5.Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when my colonists are mining deep into a mountainside, they keep stumbling on empty room with crafted stone walls and floors. I can understand this if they had been near the edge of the mountain, but finding one more than 75 blocks in just seems weird. like, "HTH did that random room just appear there?"*scratches head*

I think That's all for now.

Abrexus

Thanks for the bug report!  The brewery is indeed broken, and to fix it you can add

<WorkGiverDef>
    <defName>DoBillBrewery</defName>
    <giverClass>WorkGiver_DoBill</giverClass>
    <workType>Cooking</workType>
    <priorityInType>100</priorityInType>
    <workTableDef>Brewery</workTableDef>
    <verb>cook</verb>
    <gerund>cooking</gerund>
  </WorkGiverDef>

to the end of the BaseWorkGivers.xml file.  I'll have an updated version out later today with a few quality of life improvements as well.  That may also account for colonists standing around as they may be trying to work the brewery but can't.  As for the shroom-stim bug, I'll have to test that and figure out what's going wrong.  The Agave Tank is now the Medical Pod.  It works in a similar fashion, except it also is like a regular bed now, but if you put a hopper next to it with Agave Gel, it heals amazingly fast!

MrWashingToad

Would be a cool additions to the mod (these aren't finished, but would be awesome!):
Animal feeders: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5615.0
Fish tanks (and my wants - aquaponics additions): http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5547.0
Fishing: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4001.0
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Conred

CosmicKobal

Quote from: Abrexus on August 28, 2014, 11:10:24 AM
Thanks for the bug report!  The brewery is indeed broken, and to fix it you can add

<WorkGiverDef>
    <defName>DoBillBrewery</defName>
    <giverClass>WorkGiver_DoBill</giverClass>
    <workType>Cooking</workType>
    <priorityInType>100</priorityInType>
    <workTableDef>Brewery</workTableDef>
    <verb>cook</verb>
    <gerund>cooking</gerund>
  </WorkGiverDef>

to the end of the BaseWorkGivers.xml file.  I'll have an updated version out later today with a few quality of life improvements as well.  That may also account for colonists standing around as they may be trying to work the brewery but can't.  As for the shroom-stim bug, I'll have to test that and figure out what's going wrong.  The Agave Tank is now the Medical Pod.  It works in a similar fashion, except it also is like a regular bed now, but if you put a hopper next to it with Agave Gel, it heals amazingly fast!

ooooh. I guess I must have been having a blond moment as far as the Healing Pod is concerned... Am I the only one having trouble figuring out how to work the learning tapes? I have several desks connected to power and a bill set up but I cant seem to get colonists to use it.

Matthiasagreen

So, I just thought about the wine and wanted to know if it would be fun to give the wine a 1% chance of destroying your liver?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Abrexus

Updated to 2.01

Floor tile cost changed to 1/2/3
fixed text entry manned sniper turret
fixed Brewery not being workable
fixed Desk not being workable
changed exp gain from Shooting Range - now 100 per shot instead of 50

LuisMH

gamerjeh

I dont know if it is just me or are the white circle range of the towers are all the same even tho the range in the description are different? well this is when im using the 2.0 version.

And when i try to download the main file in the nexus site is still gives me the SuperiorCraftingV20.zip-47-2-0 file.

And the Poll voting is close so i cant cast a vote.  :P

Abrexus

Quote from: gamerjeh on August 28, 2014, 07:24:58 PM
I dont know if it is just me or are the white circle range of the towers are all the same even tho the range in the description are different? well this is when im using the 2.0 version.

And when i try to download the main file in the nexus site is still gives me the SuperiorCraftingV20.zip-47-2-0 file.

And the Poll voting is close so i cant cast a vote.  :P

There were two versions of the file on the nexus site.  I deleted the old version from yesterday.  The tower ranges are all "supposed" to be different, and as far as I can see by the file they should be.  Funny thing about the display range is it's not 100% accurate however.  They are different, but may be off by 1 or 2 squares.  I'll have to do some range testing.

As for the poll, it wont let me reset the poll once it closes.  I can change it, but not open it up with a new date.  If someone know how to do that without deleting the thread and starting a new one, let me know.

sensiman

Quote from: Abrexus on August 28, 2014, 07:03:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up.  One question though, are you sure it's the chemlab?  That's not really a custom building in that it uses the same code to operate as any vanilla building would.  We did have a similar problem with the shooting range, but I've been playing the mod myself (I finally have a chance to play) and it appears to be fixed.  I will certainly test this though.

it may be that is malfunctions when the stimpac is researched. i didnt really pay much attention on when it startedot occur,but it DID occur on a new colony though. one little detail i noticed too is that when i tried to add another bill (medikit was already in place.) the list of available tasks (like the additional shroom0stim and agave gel) was being reiterated ad infinitum.

CosmicKobal

Due to the Poll being closed, I'll answer it here if that's alright. I Absolutely like the shooting range. Once I have my production optimized, there isn't a whole lot of excess hauling going on and a base can only get SO clean before my colonists have nothing left to do. The shooting range helps with that. It would be great if there was some kind of leisure activitie for your colonists. A basketball court or something. It could fulfill the same purpose as the wine in that if your colonist is having a REALLY bad day, he can go blow off some steam.It would balance in that, instead of needing to be crafted and take up a small amount of storage space like the wine, it would instead be a 1 time construction that takes up a decent amount of space but requires no crafting or upkeep after that. or maybe some kind of books on tape could be played at the desk just like the skill tapes. only difference is that instead of it training your skill it will give you a mood modifier.

While on the topic of the tapes, I've never ONCE gotten a crafter high enough to be able to make power armor. I think the tapes should provide more than a measly 1000 exp points. The only power armor I can ever use is what I'm able to salvage... One last thing. It would be convenient if your colonist would automatically strip a corpse before turning it into soylent green. I accidentally wasted a power armor before I realized this.

ooooooone more thing. It would be nice to be able to lockdown my base somehow. if there could be an option to LOCK Blast doors for example, so that colonists can't go out and attract raiders, or friendly visitors can't swarm my base and start dying all over the place, that would be great.

some kind of passive offense like electrified doors would be pretty cool as well. say for example a boomrat goes insane, it can kill itself against your electrified door instead of having to send a colonist out to get burned.