[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Taishimoonshadow on August 29, 2014, 05:11:19 PM
For some reason I get an error involving terrain and the screen was white when I installed this and tried to load up my save any idea how to fix this. I also get several big errors when I try to make a new save.

Hey I saw this error yesterday on a stream and its usually caused by other mods messing around with the base game and/or compatibility issues of those mods. I would recommend to make a new game and deactivate your other incompatible mods. In some cases you can savely ignore the errors e.g. working with Apparello or Project Armory.

CosmicKobal

Is there anyway to make Hauling and cleaning into a level-able skill? Something like, the higher the skill level, the faster the colonist will move while hauling. up to 2x speed at level 20.

Maybe add a Punching bag to train Melee. It could be associated with 'Warden'. I figure a warden would need to be capable of pacifying his charges.

CPR dummy to train Medicine.

Once Art is used for something, you could make an Easel or Piano or something to train Art. at the same time it would provide a mood modifier to anyone withing hearing distance named Pleasant Sounds/'Soothing Sounds'/'Beautiful Sounds' in that order with a different modifier level for each level of enjoyment.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: CosmicKobal on August 30, 2014, 01:22:39 AM
Is there anyway to make Hauling and cleaning into a level-able skill? Something like, the higher the skill level, the faster the colonist will move while hauling. up to 2x speed at level 20.

Maybe add a Punching bag to train Melee. It could be associated with 'Warden'. I figure a warden would need to be capable of pacifying his charges.

CPR dummy to train Medicine.

Once Art is used for something, you could make an Easel or Piano or something to train Art. at the same time it would provide a mood modifier to anyone withing hearing distance named Pleasant Sounds/'Soothing Sounds'/'Beautiful Sounds' in that order with a different modifier level for each level of enjoyment.

Hey you have some nice ideas :)
Yes it might be possible to to change that technically but  its too deep into the vanilla game in  my opinion.

A punching bag is a cool idea.

You can already learn the medicine skill with the new tapes learning system. You only have to buy the right tape from the trader.

Art can already be used so its possible to do that here and now technically.

Patrykbono20

Maybe add something like "High population Storyteller" and "Cannons and Turrets"

MrWashingToad

Quote from: sensiman on August 28, 2014, 01:26:05 AM
on another thought,trying the various aspect of the mod,i think there is a slight error on how the chemlab works. once someone works on it  he will not go for eating or sleep, to the point of starvation and exhaustion. i work around it was to draft and undraft him momentarily(which usually works when you need a task cancelled)

Yes, having same issue, running mod v2.01. Have a bill to make the shroom stims, and the colonist was urgently hungry, with meals right next to him, and urgently tired, with his bed right there. Ended up going on a rampage. Subdued and another colonist took the job, same issue is occurring to the new colonist.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Abrexus

Quote from: Tasher on August 30, 2014, 10:34:01 AM
Quote from: sensiman on August 28, 2014, 01:26:05 AM
on another thought,trying the various aspect of the mod,i think there is a slight error on how the chemlab works. once someone works on it  he will not go for eating or sleep, to the point of starvation and exhaustion. i work around it was to draft and undraft him momentarily(which usually works when you need a task cancelled)

Yes, having same issue, running mod v2.01. Have a bill to make the shroom stims, and the colonist was urgently hungry, with meals right next to him, and urgently tired, with his bed right there. Ended up going on a rampage. Subdued and another colonist took the job, same issue is occurring to the new colonist.

This is a known issue with the game and anything that uses the doctor skill as outlined here http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5728.0.

In update 2.02 I'll be changing the chemlab recipes to use the research skill instead to resolve this as a temporary fix until the main game is updated.  I have tested it, and they work fine when assigned to the research skill.

MrWashingToad

Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Javaman

Hey Abrexus this mod is great. I like that a lot of techs have other research requirements before you can study them(I am a fan of diverse technology progression). You should consider adding some cool future techs to the end of the tech tree. I have not seen what is at the end (I assume ship building so you can escape the planet) but some cool stuff like robots and replicators would be awesome. I  recommend the Miscellaneous mod by haplo. Also I am glad you are adding Apparello. Perhaps you could add more progression with the weapon crafting. I find your current selection of manned and unmanned turrets is perfect(combined with the mortars they each fill a different role), but unique weapon crafting would be cool so we could focus on an alternate defense method through our colonists, or even some more unique creations like the missile launcher or animal zapper from the TTM mod. Just a thought.

O ya also the Better Power mod has some neat stuff like wind power or laserdrilling. Always cool to have some alternate methods of power or resource generation.

Spare74

Small feedback : on my map I can't make any geothermal thingy near (only have 2 geyser at the other end of the map) so I'm rolling all solar panel right now and you just need SO MANY of them I have like 40 of them and it bearly powers my base ( I have to shut down lots of stuff at night not to drain my battery in 10sec.

It might be cool to buff the energy production a bit or make a researchable upgrade to make them product a little bit of power at night (like in TTM).

LZPanzer

my colony is addicted to shroom stims. IS there a way to make it so that they can only use the stim if they are under the influence of a psychic drone?

CounterFact

Quote from: Spare74 on August 30, 2014, 02:14:48 PM
Small feedback : on my map I can't make any geothermal thingy near (only have 2 geyser at the other end of the map) so I'm rolling all solar panel right now and you just need SO MANY of them I have like 40 of them and it bearly powers my base ( I have to shut down lots of stuff at night not to drain my battery in 10sec.

It might be cool to buff the energy production a bit or make a researchable upgrade to make them product a little bit of power at night (like in TTM).

40 solar panels should provide +-7500Wd on a sunny day. This is the equivalent of 2 geothermal installations, 7.5 log burning plants or 1 nuclear reactor. I would suggest getting some uranium and go for the nuclear reactor, or go for the geothermal anyway, even when it's really really far.

Quote from: LZPanzer on August 30, 2014, 02:59:38 PM
my colony is addicted to shroom stims. IS there a way to make it so that they can only use the stim if they are under the influence of a psychic drone?
Yea, my colonists are stim junkies as well. Making it a forbidden item should do the trick though.

Skip

Is it just me or is there no more way to craft Hyperweave since 2.0?

Taishimoonshadow

Quote from: JuliaEllie on August 29, 2014, 05:28:52 PM
Quote from: Taishimoonshadow on August 29, 2014, 05:11:19 PM
For some reason I get an error involving terrain and the screen was white when I installed this and tried to load up my save any idea how to fix this. I also get several big errors when I try to make a new save.

Hey I saw this error yesterday on a stream and its usually caused by other mods messing around with the base game and/or compatibility issues of those mods. I would recommend to make a new game and deactivate your other incompatible mods. In some cases you can savely ignore the errors e.g. working with Apparello or Project Armory.

I tried to remove all mods and did a fresh save but still had the same error and how would you ignore the errors with apparello and project armory as both of those are mods that I have installed. Now I did make a few changes to the core game mostly with stacking items as well as tweaking the power output on the ship reactor and making it work as a power supply for the base as well as made it able to build under roofs.

ShamblerDK

For some reason I can't get any of my colonists to use the comms console? I select a colonist and right click the comms console but no menu comes up. Yes, I do have a beacon :-)

EDIT: Also, I am playing with Cassandra on 'Rough' difficulty, but the craziest thing that happens is literally a deer going crazy... are any enemies going to be implemented at some point?

Jerethi50

Some bug reports for you, using only your mod.

1. Chemlab
   a. Chemlab has multiple copies of the shroom stim and agave gel recipe, seems to keep adding to the copies, at my current point i have about 7 or 8 of each recipe listed in the menu.
   b. People working at the chemlab seem to work continually until they either pass out or starve to death, or if their mood is low enough, until they rebel against the colony or go bonkers.

2. Shroom stims and Berry Wine.
   a. I think you somehow mixed these items up code wise, I have never seen the colonists use berry wine except when they are about to mentally break, and only during a psychic drone event, and yet the shroom stims, my colonists go for as soon as they get a little moody.

3. Shooting Range
   a. Colonists seem to prioritize this over other things, they do occasionally quit using it but colonists will run to a free shooting range before doing anything else it seems, as soon as one is free, some one runs to it, i have hunting set to 4, the lowest priority, and yet they run straight for it, even when there is plenty of work to be done, tons of stuff to haul (hauling is set to 3 on everyone, so it outranks hunting) 

That is all i have found so far, Ill keep an eye out for more bugs.

PS: Never mind the wine, peeked at your code a bit, the wine is apparently working as intended (only used when a pawn is about to mentally break, it probably works outside of psychic drone to, just haven't had a pawn almost mentally break outside of that event yet. sorry for the premature bug report on that, however shroom stims are broken, I'm speculating on this, but I'm not certain a map starts out at psychic drone level none, or something along those lines, Ill talk at ya some when you come online. see if we can figure that out.