[1.2.2900] Bug when queueing up grave construction

Started by Phomor, May 23, 2021, 06:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phomor

There's a bug when queueing actions after prioritizing building a grave.
1. Prioritize building a grave
2. Immediately queue another task after building the grave, can also be building another grave
3. Let it play out

It should build the grave, but what happens instead is that it just kind of starts the construction but does not actually construct it and immediately goes to the queued task.

Canute

Hi,
not realy a bug just how constructions works.
Grave are like other buildings a blueprint that need resources at first and then it will be build.
When you force someone to build a grave, he will deliver at first resources (none) and continue with his regular work but don't build it which would need another forced action.

Phomor

Well then imo the whole construction system is bugged because if I tell him to build that I want him to build that and not do half of the task. I also can't force the building until after he delivered the resources which means queueing is pointless.
In addition, if I only prioritize building one thing without queueing something, then that thing gets completely built, he doesn't only deliver the resources and then go to do something else. So the queueing system is bugged there.

Phomor

A colonist that I force to craft something won't get all the materials and then just do something else again. He will craft for quite some time, although right now I can't tell you when exactly he will stop, maybe when he gets too hungry? That's a completely different scenario.

If there is no resource to haul then that job isn't needed there and could just get skipped. If I tell somebody to build multiple things in succession with queueing then those things should all get built, regardless of the hauling job.
I mean, it works if I don't queue anything after the first job, so why doesn't it work when I do queue something after? That's just inconsistent behaviour which I'd say is a bug.
Also you admit it's annoying, so what's the problem with changing the game so it isn't annoying anymore?

"Fertile Field mod allow terraforming, all construction placed blueprints and many of them don't need resources you can imagine ?"
I'm not sure what your point is with that. If I place blueprints for that that don't need resources and then queue all of them up with one pawn, that pawn should build all of them, not just the last one.

Pheanox

Thanks for the bug/feature report, I consulted with the devs and we have put this on to the bug list.