Shot in the Liver

Started by Demoulius, August 09, 2021, 09:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demoulius

Hi there,

So ive got a little (and it is a little) dilemma. In one of the many raids on my base one of my pawns got shot in the liver. Now the damage is very minor, the organ is at 19/20 but it effects a whole lot of things like blood filtration.

In the last round I managed to down 3 pirates. And they happen to be from the same faction that did the previous attack (theyre the pirate faction)

I think you guys already know what the question is going to be about  ::)

2 of the pirates lost an arm, and as luck would have it got perks that mean that their selling price will be heavily effected. So im eyeballing all those healthy organs that theyre carrying.... Thing is Another pirate group has my entire region effected with a pernament rainy thunderstorm which effects everyones mood due to darkness and beeing wett and whatnot and right after a raid moods are always effected. Because of all the bodies that need cleaning up.

I see that theyre guilty for another 18 or 19 hours and I kind of always skimmed over the 'guilty' mechanic but reading on the wiki it says that the mood impact is lower if you *ahem* discover some organs that fell off a bus in this time.

The difference seems to be a -2 instead of a -6 which is a pretty big difference. Time  that you got the debuff seems to still be the same sadly.

Now, onto the question. Do you think a organ sitting at 95% effeciency is worth it to harvest one of the guilty prisoners for theirs? And if memory serves me right janking out their liver kills them outright so should I just jank out a lung and kidney while im at it? Seems like a waste of a prisoner otherwise  ::)

I dont think theres a bionic liver or id consider that. Since some colonists are already sitting at the edge of breaking down im considering using the 'guilty' timer but since I kind of always skipped over it id like some feedback over it.

ChirpScree

Take all that you can, honestly. It would be a waste not to.

Demoulius

Decided to check what the mood penalty was for doing it and letting that decide for me. Its actually not that bad. Quikly killing them when theyre still considered guilty by organ harvesting counts as a justified execution, which I dident know :)

Its only a -2 and while it stacks doing it while theyre not guilty anymore is -6. I decided to harvest organs from the prisoners who were missing arms as it effects selling price, just having bad stats doesent seem to effect their selling price. Only a small selection of traits effects them. If the wiki is accurate anyway  ::)

GoblinCookie

What does blood filtration even do?  I have a pawn in one of my 1.2 games with chemical damage from when he was an addict and it does not seem to cause any problems. 

Demoulius

I think it effects how long you need to rest and/or how fast you recover from wounds. But im not entirely sure. Maybe someone with more experience in the game can elaborate further?