[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

123nick

can you update the compatibility patch? mainly the one with compatibility for EPOE and cyberstorm? thanks.

RoboticManiac

Is it possible to manufacture titanium? I can't figure out how.

Sam_

Quote from: AllenWL on March 26, 2015, 01:02:56 AM
Can you make hyperwheave and synthread with this mod?

Good suggestion!

Quote from: 123nick on March 27, 2015, 11:37:23 AM
can you update the compatibility patch? mainly the one with compatibility for EPOE and cyberstorm? thanks.

I am not the creator or person responsible for that patch.

Quote from: RoboticManiac on March 28, 2015, 10:39:09 AM
Is it possible to manufacture titanium? I can't figure out how.

Yes, somewhere in this post it's describe, but I'll re-iterate; Titanium can be mined, bought and created from plasteel. Plasteel being crafted in one of my stations will yield 15 silicon and 1 titanium, the inverse of that recipe can be performed as well, creating plasteel.

rexx1888

hey, so i havent worked out many of the kinks with the replicators, but ive been tinkering because i dont want to off my current colony. anyway, the problem where they are spawning 0 quantities of metal is caused by their body size being 0.01. not sure why, i dont really know much about the insides of this game yet, but once i work it out ill get back to you.

you can hotfix the issue by changing that to 0.1. saves will work with that.

the line in the xml is 72, the body size line :)

Edit: my continued tinkering has led me to the belief that you should pull apart the more mechanoids mod to fix alot of your problems. When i compare your xml with that of the core mod and the moremech mod it seems your missing a few possibly integral defs. I cant be certain, but its a safe bet since their xml's are working as intended.

anyway, i really hope this helps you tinker with your mod. Ill keep poking, but ill never make it the way you intended it an i wanna see your vision realised :D

The_Shaikan23

I love this mod and how it changes the gameplay. Really gives you a high-end goal to work towards, all that sweet Glittertech. But I have noticed that there is an Augment for everything BUT a cerebral implant to replace brain damage. Could I humbly request a brain augment that would save those poor braindamaged colonists?

darkrage000

issue with Replicators showing up on the map and sitting there doing nothing. error log goes wild and doesnt want to go away

darkrage000

Pic Of Errors

[attachment deleted due to age]

IAMEPSIL0N

It's a wild guess but some of the mods that add medical recipes such as adding bionic parts are written such that the recipes are for 'humans' and won't show up for other races by default even if the other race is just a renamed basic human.

I wish I had a solution but I've usually just opened up the files and tried to trace the working path then replicate it for the missing paths and it hasn't been the same from case to case.

hulksterr

Will this work with the zombie mod?

filippe999

What exactly does this adds? i've heard it can apparently give you a renewable synththread source

Sam_

Quote from: rexx1888 on April 02, 2015, 05:03:26 AM
hey, so i havent worked out many of the kinks with the replicators, but ive been tinkering because i dont want to off my current colony. anyway, the problem where they are spawning 0 quantities of metal is caused by their body size being 0.01. not sure why, i dont really know much about the insides of this game yet, but once i work it out ill get back to you.

you can hotfix the issue by changing that to 0.1. saves will work with that.

the line in the xml is 72, the body size line :)

Edit: my continued tinkering has led me to the belief that you should pull apart the more mechanoids mod to fix alot of your problems. When i compare your xml with that of the core mod and the moremech mod it seems your missing a few possibly integral defs. I cant be certain, but its a safe bet since their xml's are working as intended.

anyway, i really hope this helps you tinker with your mod. Ill keep poking, but ill never make it the way you intended it an i wanna see your vision realised :D

The body size helps a lot, I didn't even consider that a factor with the resources it would produce, I thought it would be more static, based off of the values I set in the recipe. My issue with the replicators mostly comes from the fact that they were mechanoids, with the XML line <mechanoid>True</mechanoid>. This makes them spawn with the crashed ship part, and issues such as that. I had this same issue with the tank that I added. I have looked at other mods, and most add animals, which just require basic AI, and humanoids, like zombies. The more mechanoids mod also wouldn't help, as it adds mechanoids... instead of another robotic faction. So far as I can tell after tinkering, the statements <mechanoid> or <humanoid> couples the race with important AI necessary for battle and being a faction, and the lack of those statements are for animals, which have basic aggression mechanics.
If anyone can refer me to a mod that adds a pawn that is neither humanoid or mechanoid, I would appreciate it a lot.

lordgiza

Are the Orion Corporations soldiers meant to be dicks? Because 30 of them just "visited" and ate all the food in my new colony.

Vingolf

What's is the major difference betweеn GlitterTech and SuperiorCrafting ?

rexx1888

Quote from: lordgiza on April 07, 2015, 11:30:13 PM
Are the Orion Corporations soldiers meant to be dicks? Because 30 of them just "visited" and ate all the food in my new colony.

this is caused by the faction xml, where it has the pawns and their costs associated. they all spawn with zero available food. I have seen it noted that others find it amusing that they raid your food, but it shit me so i fixed it.

as to the mechanoid versus replicator issue. i dont think its a dll thing but it may be. Setting the <mechanoid> def is linking to all sorts of behaviour stuff, but thats all located in think trees. you could create a bunch of "mechanoid" think trees that do replicator things to change that. However, i think your right that the mechanoid def is also causing the replicators to spawn when other mechanoids spawn. it must load it all in to a specific list for use with those spawn mechanics, so there must either be a way to create a new def there(which might require dll) or else possibly removing that specific line but implementing a think tree could fix the behavior stuff, an then just spawn them using the incident. course, this is all untested.

madazhaz

It would be cool if you could create the bionic parts included in the mod.