[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Mrshilka

Quote from: Canute on June 08, 2015, 03:30:06 PM
QuoteOrion and the Commando faction have no break point, they will keep attacking until they are ALL dead, is this working as intended?
Yes, both faction hate each other.
You see similar thing with other faction too.

QuoteThe power of the commandos seems insane especially since they can and do start raiding you within 6 months, Using Combat realism weapons that give me 3 to 5x the enemies range with enhanced damage and they still endlessly soak up fire. I have no idea how you're meant to stop a 20+ man raid of commandos with vanilla weapons and defences let alone the 300+ ones I see 2 years in in my modded games.
If you don't got commando weapons, i wouldn't range fight these.
Maybe use prepare carefully, and give them some titanium shiv instead pistole's.

My best expierence are when they come early, wait behind doors, corner and rush them at close combat. At this way they don't shoot at you and can't set you on fire.
If you manage it to buy a commando weapon before, you got good chances to set them on fire before they shoot at you, but you shouldn't do a range duel with any of them, they win because of their armor.

Later you need a good defence killbox to survive larger commando raid.
Hopefully you could extract some orion exoskelets before and improved your people ! :-)

I am sorry there might be a language barrier but you failed to understand both my questions.

The enemies have NO break points they will not flee they will not break they will march and climb over the mountain of corpses made from the friends who died before them to keep trying to attack, all other factions have a break point where they will run away and stop attacking, Both Orion and Commando do not and will fight to the death, is this by design and to what purpose does fighting to the death on attack serve if so.

I can kill them at range using Combat realism enhanced weapons and Superior crafting turrets but if someone was to grab this mod by it self had any form of balance been given to any of the weapon or armor? As I stated I do not believe any form of normal vanilla weapons would have a decent effect on the commandos.
Your reply it self stats to give people titanium shivs via another mod so I am guessing no balance.

zodium

I play with Glittertech with no other combat mods. I find it reasonably well-balanced, certainly not much less so than vanilla combat itself. It's arguably a little more balanced, since you need to use defense in depth rather than just funneling them into a progressively larger killbox. To deal with the early Arrow Men raids, build series of free-standing walls for your combat colonists and fall back under cover as the enemy advances.

# wall
- nothing
| edge of pathing range

#--#--#--#--#--#
|---------------|
|---------------|
|---------------|
|---------------|
|---------------|
|---------------|
#--#--#--#--#--#
|---------------|
|---------------|

Try to prioritize buying advanced bionic legs for faster retreating (= more shots in between falling back to next defensive line).

A little more advanced: Orion soldiers don't start hostile, so just don't antagonize them directly. Build a guest room and wall them in while they sleep, then grab their stuff for your combat colonists after they starve to death. Once you have 4-8 colonists with OC rifles, defending from Arrow Men raids is much easier.

BoogieMan

I'm liking the mod overall, however, maybe a month into the game I was sieged by a large force (approx 15) of Orion Corp soldiers. They came with more than double the people that the last pirate siege did, and more than my entire population, and their shielded melee guys sprint at me so fast, my entire militia gets 1-2 shots off at most before being cut to pieces.

Seems a bit early to be facing such large numbers of such well equipped enemies to be honest. Those shielded melee guys are too fast and they take people out in just a few quick hits armor or not. They even tear through my turrets with their melee.

zodium

Quote from: BoogieMan on June 09, 2015, 08:35:58 AM
I'm liking the mod overall, however, maybe a month into the game I was sieged by a large force (approx 15) of Orion Corp soldiers. They came with more than double the people that the last pirate siege did, and more than my entire population, and their shielded melee guys sprint at me so fast, my entire militia gets 1-2 shots off at most before being cut to pieces.

Seems a bit early to be facing such large numbers of such well equipped enemies to be honest. Those shielded melee guys are too fast and they take people out in just a few quick hits armor or not. They even tear through my turrets with their melee.

If you're getting attacked by OC in the first month, it's because you did something to antagonize them first. Just don't do that. Orion don't start hostile and are actually harder than Arrow Men because of the nearly universal exoskeletons (+80% movement), very good shields, high proportion of brawlers and larger numbers.

I try to keep on friendly terms with everyone except Arrow Men and the local pirates for the first year or so, and only then I might antagonize OC too.

BoogieMan

I haven't antagonized anyone, and no visitors got hit by any crossfire. I never saw them until they attacked, in fact I didn't know they even existed until I noticed their purple armor which I hadn't seen before. I'd been very carefully staying as low profile as possible because with some other early raids things were very precarious, very nearly had to start chopping up dead raiders. Lightning/mortars kept lighting up my fields.

Cassandra Classic / Challenging

zodium

You're right! Orion can actually start with between -100 and +40 relations to you. It seems I've just gotten lucky. I'm sorry about that. That's not good, Orion are impossible to counter in the beginning, but very interesting to fight later in the game.

If you go into \Mods\Glittertech\Defs\FactionDefs\ and find the Orion faction file, there is a definition called <startingGoodwill> with a <min> and <max>. Change the min to 25, or something safe like that.

There's also a <naturalColonyGoodwill>, which I think is an equilibrium range their goodwill decays towards. But I don't know, honestly.

BoogieMan

Good to know, thanks. I'll have to make the adjustments for my next game.

Save scumming I was able to survive by making a lot of turrets, and what I call a turret trap (a few turrets in a small closed off space that they can't range attack) so they rush in to melee and take a lot of damage when the turrets blow.

Adamiks

Quote from: BoogieMan on June 09, 2015, 11:59:44 AM

If you know how you can edit your world file (world, not save!). You will just need to find Orion faction and set for example 20 in all Orion faction - colonyXXXXXXX relations.

Or you can communicate with them with Dev mode on and click "good will".

Or when they will attack you use dev mode to make them neutral by selecting tool and clicking on pawn.

BoogieMan

Quote from: Adamiks on June 09, 2015, 12:03:14 PM
Quote from: BoogieMan on June 09, 2015, 11:59:44 AM

If you know how you can edit your world file (world, not save!). You will just need to find Orion faction and set for example 20 in all Orion faction - colonyXXXXXXX relations.

Or you can communicate with them with Dev mode on and click "good will".

Or when they will attack you use dev mode to make them neutral by selecting tool and clicking on pawn.

Good to know how it can be done to an existing save, thank you!

Theodore Seraphimus

Quote from: Sam_ on May 16, 2015, 06:40:50 PM
Quote from: RedTiger on May 16, 2015, 03:42:31 PM
What do you use the make the alpha and beta poly's? I can't seem to find the crafting table for it. As well as the computer components, magnetic coils, silicon and such, could someone make a list of how to aquire these items for me please?

You need to do a lot of research, and you require a lot of materials, mostly from traders. The intention is to bring the building to a next level. The matter fabricator is designed to be used only once you have Xenon Ion turbines, as 65k usage is just beyond even an array of geothermal generators.
I often found my play-throughs went into a number of years, and after the second one all I was doing was expanding housing. Now you actually have work to do.

While I can understand and appreciate this line of reasoning, the issue, is that Traders are so Random and unpredictable I'm like 10 months in right now and haven't even SEEN one that sells Computer components or Silicon. Like, Which traders are supposed to have them? Getting the right trader, as well as accounting for the fact that Traders don't always carry every possible option for sale, and sometimes when they do they carry only very small amounts, How am I supposed to buy these resources?

I'm not saying that making you have to buy them is a bad idea, But maybe they should be available on Bulk traders instead of wherever they are now.

Bodog999

What you could try to do is if you can modify the files try cranking up the values of the commonality of the trader and goods they carry.

If you are using mods which also add new traders then its probably due to them that some traders rarely occur.

What you also could do is trying a new storyteller, some have an increased chance for traders to spawn.

BoogieMan

I'm pretty much stalled out too. Trade ships get annoyingly infrequent mid-late game.

BoogieMan

I managed to get one of my colonists nearly fully upgraded with cybernetics and advanced bionics and he's now officially superman. He sleeps for seconds, chugs a beer in about 1.2 seconds and move at least 8x faster than everyone else. Then when he's bored he can make clothing items in 10 seconds or less. He looks like he's running around at somewhere between the two max speeds when it's running at normal. He's easily worth 8-10 of anyone else in terms of manpower. I've not been able to combat test him yet, but I'm eager to see how he does. Insanity!

On a more realistic note, while that is expensive and difficult the results are probably a bit OP.

Bodog999

Got attacked by a squad, THEY ARE SO DAMN HARD! They punched through 3 shields in less than 30 seconds. The shields had a total value of 10255 total, combined.

I will include a pic when I figure out how.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Bodog999

Sam_ do you know when you'll be ready to upload the A11 version of the mod?