[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sliderpro

I like the mod very much and try to always get it on new versions, but the balancing issues above make it somewhat a joke and easy ride.
--
If you are thinking about separating mod into smaller mods, The only good separation I can imagine is weapon pack. Weapons are so unbalanced that if you throw them out of the window, gameplay becomes somewhat OK.

And btw I just thought about it - why did you make your own armor, if vanilla game already has power armor? Nano suit, I mean. There is no need for it imo, maybe as a very expensive gimmick to buy and as a very rare drop for commandos (like commandos capitans or so). Otherwise just use vanilla power armor and reactive suit on top. If you like speed skin with +400% bonuses, the only decent way to do it is to price it at around 70k silver. Because of its bonuses and because it lasts forever... same with other armor

Wacoede

hey Sam I've tried posting this on steam a couple of times but you don't seam to pay any attention there so I'll try here there is a bug in the Dye Vat that has been there since either B18 or 19

The bug is to do with Bleached Cloth. it is throwing errors into the log every tick
QuoteException ticking DV_UndyedCloth437353 (at (103, 0, 18)): System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn'.
  at GT_Utilities.CompGTReplaceThing.CheckCountDown () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GT_Utilities.CompGTReplaceThing.CompTickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.TickRare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

only fix I found was to replace the DV_UndyedCloth in the Products part of the recipe with just Cloth but that results in the cloth not changing colour, Idea on how to fix this and prevent a slight issue of pawns constantly rebleaching the same piece is to try a Patch to change <allowColorGenerators>true</allowColorGenerators> to false and then just have it output Cloth from the Bleach Cloth recipe NVM still doesn't change the cloth colour it shows up as just Cloth and can be used normally

also could you please add
Quote<allowMixingIngredients>true</allowMixingIngredients>
to Line 38 of Recipes_DyeVat_Production.xml to allow them to bleach cloth stacks of less than ten

xion1088

Glitter Tech has been on a "balance re work" since B18  ::)

Sam_

It has never been in a "balance re work". And likely never will be.

There is a new version of this mod in development, any issue of balance here is irrelevant to that.

Grabarz

Is it possible to craft nano suit, nano helmet and reactive suit ?

Heymom

Quote from: Grabarz on November 13, 2018, 04:57:24 PM
Not that i have found sadly. Also you cant recycle/reclaim materials from these, which is a huge problem endgame, as they pile up on you, and only a few traders will buy them.

ie. last game i had to abandon due to storage issues. I had 100+ of just the nano chest piece. so all my pawns spend time destroying them etc..

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Heymom on December 22, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
Not that i have found sadly. Also you cant recycle/reclaim materials from these, which is a huge problem endgame, as they pile up on you, and only a few traders will buy them.

ie. last game i had to abandon due to storage issues. I had 100+ of just the nano chest piece. so all my pawns spend time destroying them etc..

there is meding mods to repair items hps.

Heymom

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 22, 2018, 11:52:21 AM
Quote from: Heymom on December 22, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

there is meding mods to repair items hps.
I know.. but that doesnt help with the huge amounts of armor that returns no materials when recycled. Which was my statement :)

MutedShenanigans

You should be able to destroy all the random armor and weapons that foes drop by using the electric crematorium and the electric smelter, for armor and weapons respectively. You set each machine to 2 "do forever" burn apparel or destroy weapon jobs, the first job destroying any weapon/armor that is less than, say, normal quality (or excellent later in the game), and the second job destroying any weapons/armor that is below, say 80-90% hit points. This would either reduce or eliminate the resources you gain from recycling your foes' dropped items (depending if you want to stash good nano armor for your people or destroy all of it), so if your income from those dead enemies is important, you can set up those machines' jobs to only destroy reactive and nano suits/helmets.  Or just anything you can't recycle (that I know of), like alpha poly blades.

If you try this method but build/use rarer helmets, keep in mind that certain items like the prototype nerve enhancer don't really have a "quality" even though they show up in the crematorium's headgear menu, and so your people will automatically destroy them as soon as you make them. You'd have to go through and disable those jobs manually.

SirDhyne

The re-ambulation pod says that it is specifically adjusted to male pawns only. Does that mean that women can't use it, or is there a version that females can use?

sumghai

Quote from: SirDhyne on April 10, 2019, 07:07:16 PM
The re-ambulation pod says that it is specifically adjusted to male pawns only. Does that mean that women can't use it, or is there a version that females can use?
The Re-ambulation Pod from the Glitter Tech mod works just fine for both males and females. I've used it in several colonies myself.

The (bogus) gender restriction is just a silly bit of flavor text referencing the MedPod from the movie Prometheus.

Raf's

Is there an option/way to disable the commando faction in on going colonies?

WolfgangPolska

Fish nets spawn next  to none fish, I have placed 10 simple fish nets and result I've got after all of them have broken was 5 fish which is half of a simple meal, kinda not worth it in my opinion
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on September 03, 2019, 05:29:09 PM
Fish nets spawn next  to none fish, I have placed 10 simple fish nets and result I've got after all of them have broken was 5 fish which is half of a simple meal, kinda not worth it in my opinion
i dont think fishing is apart of this mod sir

WolfgangPolska

If you will scroll down to the very bottom of orginal post you will see a mod called "fishing nets" mate
I have no idea how, but it works!!!