[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Hayhorse

Quote from: Bodog999 on January 11, 2015, 06:44:30 PM
Is it normal for the Xenon-Ion turbine to start fires when its closed in and has no roof above it?

Yes and no, like all geo generators they will act as if the space they take up has a roof above them, if there is nowhere for the heat to go (say in a mountain and you closed the walls then yes) If its outside it might be to hot for the turbine, are you in a desert or tundra?

augusto

Man I weit write for the next update I have Ben looking in to robots alot  an No results untill now BTW thanks for the mod it's amazing so far

Sam_

Quote from: Kilderon on January 10, 2015, 01:47:12 AM
Regarding the Plasma Reactor. I understand that it's still in development, but thought I'd point out one major flaw that makes the entire thing unusable at present:

14 x 14 is pretty dang large, but the critical flaw is that it's flammable. That's a pretty big lightning target you can't put a roof over, and the first time it gets struck the entire thing is going to burn down, because your pawns have no way of putting it out, since the majority of it is unreachable.

With it needing to be outdoors, without a roof considering it's size, between lightning, incendiary mortars, and just random fires, it's difficult to justify building, it'll never last long enough to be worth it's price. That's one expensive piece of kit for a simple molotov or random bush fire to almost guarantee kill.

Also curious that it's a heat producer, since it has to be in an area with an open roof, it'll always be heating the outdoors so that's probably just wasted processing ticks.

Yes, I have tested it myself and ran into these issues. You have to understand I meant it's totally unfinished, as in it's an idea I started and couldn't be bothered to delete when updating the mod, mostly because I felt I had to give a power source capable of running a matter fabricator.

As to the heat issues, that is designed to make you think about cooling reactors, as most use heat to generate power, and so as to avoid closed in rooms, so your power isn't safe forever. There will be some extreme and OP heat and cooling methods in the next update, keeping in trend with the mod.

augusto

I have managed to build the reactor you are talking about and I never faced problems with it burning up I think it's because of the fact that I put it inside a room to where it hass a gap of 3 on all sides and a roof ontop of it exept where the center of it where the fan is diaplayd making it a harder target for thunder to hit it and it won't burn from random fires or molotovs becauce of the gaps

Bodog999

Hayhorse its underneath a mountain and it has a roof over it but only 1 side is blocked the rest is open to the outdoors, also it kept setting my door on fire. Probably because half of the generator was inside the rest was outside, its almost acting as a wall

HBKRKO619

It seems my bug post goes unseen, so I repost it in order to Sam_ be able to see it :)

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 10, 2015, 05:14:43 AM
Hello.
I have no texture for the MRG-5 pistol in the EDBprepare carefully mod and in game.
Yes, I have restart my game after activated the mod and yes, I tried to save and load my game after restarting my game one more time ^^

palandus

That was mentioned earlier, and I believe it will be fixed in the next version.

As for the reactor heating up the area, that's actually quite useful if you are doing a game in the frozen tundra... free heating for your base. Just have to clear out an area big enough to put it.

elStrages

The above posted requested your commando faction be enabled with my mod so a few quick questions.

Would you mind if I added your faction as a download for my mod cybernetic storm?
When is the next big update?
Is the commando faction a stand alone mod that comes with the Glitter Tech or completely integrated within the mod?

Cheers

Hayhorse

Quote from: elStrages on January 13, 2015, 05:01:21 PM
The above posted requested your commando faction be enabled with my mod so a few quick questions.

Would you mind if I added your faction as a download for my mod cybernetic storm?
Is the commando faction a stand alone mod that comes with the Glitter Tech or completely integrated within the mod?

Cheers

It is completely integrated. If you wanted to now just download the mod and look at the package, it would take like 10 minutes.

Sam_

Quote from: elStrages on January 13, 2015, 05:01:21 PM

Cheers

I have taken a look at your mod, and it looks rather detailed. So, I fail to see why you can't make your own faction?
Just give them OP armour, and weapons, and spawn like pirates and you're done anyway.

elStrages

It's not a case of making a faction. It's people wanting to play our mods together, in which case your faction couldn't install any of my implants without a small change.

Sam_

My next update will have my own implants, which I would state is listed as a planned feature, before anybody gets all "copy cat" on me.
I haven't really worked on any mod compatibility, and I doubt I will to be honest, as my idea is more around making my own stand alone mod, without stressing about the multitude of other mods out there, like a total conversation, but also without touching vanilla content.
I'm hoping a future update of the vanilla game will try and decouple recipes for human pawns from that one list in Races_humanoid.xml folder, so we can avoid all having to mod a vanilla file. All of that said, you're more then welcome to making a "glitter tech" compatible version, hopefully without ripping too much of my content ;)

SilverDragon

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 13, 2015, 09:12:14 AM
It seems my bug post goes unseen, so I repost it in order to Sam_ be able to see it :)

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 10, 2015, 05:14:43 AM
Hello.
I have no texture for the MRG-5 pistol in the EDBprepare carefully mod and in game.
Yes, I have restart my game after activated the mod and yes, I tried to save and load my game after restarting my game one more time ^^

Hi! That is just a minor typo in the weapons ThingDef, you could fix it yourself by editing the Weapons_MRG-5Group.xml located in GlitterTech\Defs\ThingDefs and changing the line 63 to:

<graphicPath>Things/Item/Equipment/MRG-5Pistol</graphicPath>

Or I could post a hotfix link of the file I have :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2yd2mydtkhzaaq/GlitterTech-MRG5-Texture-hotfix.rar?dl=0

lumipharon

I don't know it's because I'm using randy random, but twice now I've had a commando raid, and they're rediculously over powered compared to other factions. Their gear aside, both times they've outnumbered my colonists, and equivelent pirate raid by more then 2 to 1. This in the first 2-4 months also.

Also the weapons seem quite inexpensive to buy from traders, considering how strong they are, and what good range they have.

Dragoon

That's the point  >:(. (also hes working on increasing the price  :(. Since alpha 8 came out things have been wonky for pretty much all mods so gotta balance it out but, don't wanna make it so expensive no one uses it right?) Did you not read the first page saying that it's op? If you know about the games lore (even a little trust me i'm not to type to read all that) you'd know that glitter tech is like forerunner tech form halo , it's better than everyone else.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.