[1.5][MODLIST] Glitter Tech Classic

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Sam_

I wouldn't go so far as forerunner tech, haha. But, if you think about how the best weapons you have are miniguns, m-16s and m24 rifles, and yet you have a regularly used orbital drop system, spaceships, cryosleep and strong mechanoids that seems to be a normal part of colony life, then I guess my mod gives you what would be the latest tech, instead of outdated tech that you find on vanilla.

Axel

From the very beginning of this mod I always compared commandos to Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel cause of the energy weapons and armors.
Also someone beat you to the punch with the tiny mechanoids. You should instead make a large melee mech that looks like a gorilla c:

tuver

Again, love this mod. I think you might want to change the valve of some of the items. Alpha and Betapoly for one. The amount of material, time, and power it takes to make them they should cost more.

I have ran a few games with this mod, for all but one I just bought the materials from the trader, but my last run.... they didn't stock beta ever. 65k power just to operate the thing is a lot of power if you haven't built the massive generator. I usually have to build a massive solar farm to operate it and then I am in a rush to make one bill before the sun goes down(actually makes the game really interesting) but I have been missing it because it is so much easier to just buy the stuff than make it. The material is awesome to build with too, but again, the traders have it so cheap, mean while, silicon requires so much work for so little.

Again, love the mod, just trying to help with the balancing.

caboose410

I Started a new game after the mod was installed, and never saw the black market trader. Whats some possible solutions to this?

Iwillbenicetou

It's rare, but if it still doesn't work, make a new world/new colony. Try either or. And use developer mode to help you
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

palandus

The black market trader is considered a "slave trader". So if you have a mod that reduces the chance of a slave trader coming by, it will make this trader next to impossible to find.

As for the Commandoes being OP when they attack you... how about you download Kenny's Turret Mod. Lots of those turrets make mince-meat out of commandoes... provided you have the power and steel to make them. There are few things that doesn't terrify commandoes more than the Avenger Turret, or its baby brother the Bushmaster Chaingun (uses same ammo type, but cheaper and smaller explosions). Fully automatic explosive rounds. Also, as some of the turrets require ridiculous amounts of power (the Laser Turret requires something like 20000 power to use one), so Glittertech goes nicely with it, if you have a Xenon Ion Turbine or a Plasma Reactor.

Sam_

Quote from: tuver on January 15, 2015, 02:25:02 PM
Again, love this mod. I think you might want to change the valve of some of the items. Alpha and Betapoly for one. The amount of material, time, and power it takes to make them they should cost more.

I have ran a few games with this mod, for all but one I just bought the materials from the trader, but my last run.... they didn't stock beta ever. 65k power just to operate the thing is a lot of power if you haven't built the massive generator. I usually have to build a massive solar farm to operate it and then I am in a rush to make one bill before the sun goes down(actually makes the game really interesting) but I have been missing it because it is so much easier to just buy the stuff than make it. The material is awesome to build with too, but again, the traders have it so cheap, mean while, silicon requires so much work for so little.

Again, love the mod, just trying to help with the balancing.

Thanks for the constructive response. Yeah, I have been going over the values of items in the 0.8 update, so most of that should be fixed. I wasn't aware I made alpha and beta polys buyable, or perhaps it's automatic with the new resource system, which is a damn shame. I'm surprised you think they should be more expensive to make, I was under the impression, from lack of feedback, that they were just way too expensive to produce. Maybe I'll add some more complexity to the recipe.

Quote from: Axel on January 15, 2015, 10:12:57 AM
From the very beginning of this mod I always compared commandos to Fallout's Brotherhood of Steel cause of the energy weapons and armors.
Also someone beat you to the punch with the tiny mechanoids. You should instead make a large melee mech that looks like a gorilla c:

It's a shame my idea wont be original, but in my philosophy; if someone has already done something in the vast list of mods, there's no reason you can't too. I'll still make my own mini mechanoid horde, perhaps mine will be better, or a perfect addition to my mod. 

Axel

Haha. I know. I was just hoping I could nudge you in that way to get more varieties in the type of mechs there are to meet my own needs. But its still nice to soon see different variety amongst the same mechanoids. In my imagination it gives the impression that there's more to them than to *dalek voice* exterminate

ORCACommander

"Titanium windows"

I think you may want to change that to Transparent Alumina which is a thing we have currently developed. It is essentially artificially created clear sapphires. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_ceramics#Sapphire_2

tuver

That material cost to make I think is perfect actually, but as you weren't aware they were buyables, the cost with traders is too cheap. Beta only cost like 100 per. which makes it so much easier to buy them than to make them. I have one colony running yours and the omnigel(modified so it can also make titanium) and while I can make the reactor easily enough, making enough beta to make a turret still took a good amount of time. But given how wonderful the end product is. It should take that much time. I doubt I will ever have to rebuilt that thing. I am going to see how long it will take to rebuilt my walls with beta.

I should also add that I love how you coded your manufacturing. I don't know if it was on purpose, but I love that if you person is got enhanced manipulation, you can get more out of the process. So a bionic man can get more silicon out of blocks, or more poly made. 

Hayhorse

Bug report: When I was raided by a Commando squad really early in the game I realized that the weapons where glitched and some of them where wearing multiple peaces of Armour that don't stack or where entirely naked ( "Naked Commando squad Assemble!") One of them was even where 3 reactive Armour pieces! Anyways all of their guns where random sprites from the game. I don't know if this is a bug for version .6 (the one I am using( I see a new version is out now)). But I just wanted to report it. There are some photos attached btw.

Edit: Cancel the photos They are larger then the attachment limit. How do I add a screenshot to a post without attachments?

Edit 2: Forsome reason It was labeld as glitter tech 0.6 in EdB Modloader. Also the second time the textures swaped on the guns it became "WallTitanium.Atlas.png" or one of its varents, They all looked the same.

Sam_

Quote from: Hayhorse on January 16, 2015, 10:12:40 PM
Bug report: When I was raided by a Commando squad really early in the game I realized that the weapons where glitched and some of them where wearing multiple peaces of Armour that don't stack or where entirely naked ( "Naked Commando squad Assemble!") One of them was even where 3 reactive Armour pieces! Anyways all of their guns where random sprites from the game. I don't know if this is a bug for version .6 (the one I am using( I see a new version is out now)). But I just wanted to report it. There are some photos attached btw.

Edit: Cancel the photos They are larger then the attachment limit. How do I add a screenshot to a post without attachments?

Edit 2: Forsome reason It was labeld as glitter tech 0.6 in EdB Modloader. Also the second time the textures swaped on the guns it became "WallTitanium.Atlas.png" or one of its varents, They all looked the same.

I had the same bug when testing out a raid. Creating a new world and colony fixed this however. It seems to be an issue with older version or something. There are a few ways to reset your world without colony, so that may help. As it stands I don't have a fix for this, other then a new colony and world.

Quote from: tuver on January 16, 2015, 01:52:12 PM
That material cost to make I think is perfect actually, but as you weren't aware they were buyables, the cost with traders is too cheap. Beta only cost like 100 per. which makes it so much easier to buy them than to make them. I have one colony running yours and the omnigel(modified so it can also make titanium) and while I can make the reactor easily enough, making enough beta to make a turret still took a good amount of time. But given how wonderful the end product is. It should take that much time. I doubt I will ever have to rebuilt that thing. I am going to see how long it will take to rebuilt my walls with beta.

I should also add that I love how you coded your manufacturing. I don't know if it was on purpose, but I love that if you person is got enhanced manipulation, you can get more out of the process. So a bionic man can get more silicon out of blocks, or more poly made. 

I was totally unaware of that benefit. I think that is a happy accident, especially with the more advanced bionics in the next update, which will put manipulation at 300%. This kind of upgrade is precisely what I want my mod to achieve. Yes, beta poly is a great resource, purely from indestructibility. The blast door made of beta poly has approximately 300000 health. I think tribal warriors will starve to death before they break in.

Quote from: ORCACommander on January 16, 2015, 10:46:53 AM
"Titanium windows"

I think you may want to change that to Transparent Alumina which is a thing we have currently developed. It is essentially artificially created clear sapphires. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_ceramics#Sapphire_2

Ah, thanks for the reminder. That is just a name issue, rather then my attempt to make glass out of titanium. With the resource system I just made my titanium wall (with windows) accept any material. Although perhaps transparent alumina would sound cooler.

Hayhorse

Damn, is there a fix where I can keep my colony? I am about 50% done researching sheilds, I am going to try a fresh install of the mod not btw, just to see if it fixes it.

P.S. Updateing the mod fixed it. they weapons now have the proper textures, I bet the MRG-5 Pistol is still broken though.

lumipharon

After playing with this for a fair bit, the guns are all relatively balanced (the emrg is a tad strong) but the only real problem weapon is the apb projector.

It has rediculous range (80) and fantastic accuracy on top of being an extremely powerful, AOE weapon. It's so long range that one guy with an APB projector can wipe out any sized raid, with enough time, since they can literally sit outside aggro range and just cream them.
The fact that it sets everything on fire is a nice side effect in that it means there's a trade off between using weaker weapons, and getting captives/loot, and using the projector to utterly wreck a threat, but quite possibly destroying everything and everyone in the process.
Also because it's an AOE weapon, even with poor accuracy, it's almost never going to miss altogether, and it's massive range just makes it too cheesy for me.

If it had half the range or less, then it would be a more interesting weapon, since you'd actually be exposed to attack, where as right now it's just an unassailable ass blaster cannon.

Edit: Also, dunno if it's just a coincidence, but the MRG rifle seems really rare. I got one from a trader like 2 months in, but haven't seen one since, where as I have dozens or more of the other weapons.

Sam_

Yes, the APB projector was designed before rocket launchers were in vanilla. I suppose now with those I could take the Halo approach, with the good old fuel rod versus the UNSC rocket launcher. I'll make the AOE small, but the range will stay, which I feel is the correct counter to your suggestion of making the range shorter and keeping the larger AOE. My idea is to make a laser weapon, and it would be silly to have a short range laser weapon, in my opinion.