Mod Suggestion: First Aid Stations!

Started by Queryx, August 11, 2021, 08:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queryx

After playing with the "Replimat" mod, which adds food dispensers, and after finishing Halo 3 ODST, i thought about something. Why not make a mod which adds these types of dispensers, but not for food, but for medicine, something like the "Optican" first aid stations in Halo 3 ODST.
There would be 3 buildings you can make with this mod. 1st is The Hub. It is basically a storage, which keeps medicine inside of it to dispense in terminals around the colony. It is the hardest thing to get in here, due it requiring 1 "Hub AI" which could be earned via trading for a high price. 2nd is a Medical Terminal, the main part. It dispenses medicine, depending on the required medicine, for example, if a colonist has a Glitterworld medicine preset, another colonist will go and get glitterworld medicine, if glitterworld medicine is not available, they will get a less ranked medicine, industrial one. And the last, 3rd one, is the pipe. You can change pipe's color(Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), incase some guy wants to disect his Medical terminal network into different sections. These pipes transfer medicine to different terminals around the colony, and are placed like conduits or pipes from other mods. That might be too op, but that might turn out to be a holy grail for people who just like to build glitterworld-like towns in the game.

I am, of course, not a modder. So I am asking someone to create something based on this. If that will happen, I don't want any credit for it. I just gave a suggestion and that is all. Thanks for understanding.

Canute

Since you spoke about Replimat, do you know the other mod of that mod author ?
Medical bed, which heal the patient without the need of medicin or doctor.

Queryx

If you want me to test it, 1: It's not for 1.3. 2: You completely misunderstood my post. I wasn't talking about healing without medicine, I was talking about fast access to medicine. Completely different things I was talking about.

Valor

I wonder how usefull this would really be in reality. Given that we can already let pawns carry 1-3 medicines in their inventory to be used on the spot and in very rare cases you need more than a 3 for any problem. For those cases you can just have a shelves spread around your colony?

Queryx

The difference between shelves and the stations is that you don't need to haul medicine to the shelves, you can just haul them to one spot, maybe in the stockpile, making it quicker than just hauling medicine to the other end of the colony to place it on one shelf.