Tribals with guns.

Started by GoblinCookie, August 12, 2021, 03:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinCookie

What it says.  It has always annoyed me that despite being perfectly capable of buying guns, tribals in the game never ever seem to use them.  I feel that high-level tribal raids should have more than just folks with bows. 

Hilvon

With Combat Extended, high-value tribal raids include people with hunting rifles and armor vests. And it works pretty well.

GoblinCookie

Quote from: Hilvon on August 20, 2021, 06:05:55 AM
With Combat Extended, high-value tribal raids include people with hunting rifles and armor vests. And it works pretty well.

They also fail to mention this on their page.  I am not particularly impressed with what is on the page however, combat is mechanically overdeveloped in the vanilla game, aside from the strange lack of bullets/ammo (I guess that is like the lack of woodcutter's axes).  Relative to most it's other mechanics, combat in this game is quite complicated. 

ExampleHat

I felt like Ideology would have been a good opportunity to explain why Tribals are not technically advancing or using modern weapons (both things you can achieve in a tribal start in a few ingame years or faster).

Just add the meme "Tribal mindset" (or so), which condems modern weapons and research. This is my headcanon anyway to explain why the tribals are sill... tribals. Having it as an actual meme could be a fun extra challenge if you start as a tribal.