Prisoners to work

Started by EmmaWayne, August 19, 2014, 02:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaWayne

heyho

somtimes i have prisoners who i dont need in my colony right now.
i think it will be cool if you can force them to work for you.

like:
cleaning, cooking, growing

i dont want a prison architect :D but a little bit work for them to do instead of chilling around in my prison wont hurt.

cheers
Emmchen
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

letharion

So, slaves, practically. I like the idea.

Some of your more empathic colonists would refuse to stand for it and get large mood reductions. Some might get a power kick out of it and get a mood bonus.

Lazarus

Considering how many prisoners you can get in one play through I would say this is a good idea.

But you may need to have the warden with them at all times to prevent them simply running away... unless you have those explody collars :D
Poke poke, stab stab.

Damien Hart

You'd let people whom you are holding against their will, and  that already wanted to kill you touch your food? Well you're game, aren't you... You'll probably be dead soon, but you're game.  :P

Jokes aside though, I'd love slave labour. You don't work, you don't get fed!

Quote from: Lazarus on August 19, 2014, 05:19:29 AM
Considering how many prisoners you can get in one play through I would say this is a good idea.

But you may need to have the warden with them at all times to prevent them simply running away... unless you have those explody collars :D

Why would you allow them outside in the first place?

Lazarus

Quote from: Damien Hart on August 19, 2014, 08:51:38 AM

To plough the fields! Why else? Well... I guess you can do some blood sport... though you can sorta do that anyway... with turrets...
Poke poke, stab stab.

Damien Hart

Quote from: Lazarus on August 19, 2014, 09:51:37 AM
Quote from: Damien Hart on August 19, 2014, 08:51:38 AM

To plough the fields! Why else? Well... I guess you can do some blood sport... though you can sorta do that anyway... with turrets...

Fields? No way, hydroponic drug farm... I mean food, definitely food.

And bloodsport's more fun in a maze. Never know what's around the next corner.

EmmaWayne

Quote from: Encode on August 19, 2014, 08:36:33 AM
Once, I've actually tested having a BIG prison cell and make farm region and production buildings, and was secretly wishing some prisoners will either plant&grow their own food, or at least 'steal' some tools from the worktables and make something to enable their escape/lock-pick their way out. Haha

wrong game :D ;)

nah... as an event you can put somthing in like... dont know. the agent event.
slaves is a good idea and you can easly put in a negative effect. slaves dont wanna work so there is a chance that these guys going on rampage. if you dont have your weapons secure, he will grab something and start shooting.

and working outside? :D nope. ill never trust my prisoners^^

are the doorkeys in alpha6 or is it a mod? all my pawns have keys but the doors are open for everyone... if these keys are from the original game, maybe we will se lockable doors or even more options.
and then you can assign some doors to open for prisoners. no need for a warden 24/7

or add a prisoner region like home region and if your prisoner deside to run of, a warden will catch him. for now, prisoners are "slowed" so the warden can catch him realy easy.

maahh i dont wanna go to deep in this becaus it is not prison architect.
and my english is to bad for a big discussion^^
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Lazarus

Quote from: EmmaWayne on August 19, 2014, 03:40:04 PM

are the doorkeys in alpha6 or is it a mod? all my pawns have keys but the doors are open for everyone... if these keys are from the original game, maybe we will se lockable doors or even more options.
and then you can assign some doors to open for prisoners. no need for a warden 24/7

Door keys seem to be a thing in this now and the only people that can walk though them are your pawns and guest pawns from visiting sites... only ones that have problems with the doors are prisoners and raiders  ;D

There are some mods (I think) that have blast doors and such but I don't know if they are lockable!
Poke poke, stab stab.

Haplo

You have the colonist only mod and the miscellaneous mod.
Both have doors that can be closed for specific groups:
Open for all, normal mode, closed for visitors, closed for all.
Select a mod and try which you want :)

EmmaWayne

Quote from: Haplo on August 20, 2014, 06:42:10 AM
You have the colonist only mod and the miscellaneous mod.
Both have doors that can be closed for specific groups:
Open for all, normal mode, closed for visitors, closed for all.
Select a mod and try which you want :)
?

Haplo

That was in reply to Lazarus:
There are two mods, who change the behaviour of the doors:
Colonists Only Doors and Miscellaneous
Test them and select for yourself, which door mod is yours to use :)

MajorFordson

I love the idea of getting colonists with psychological traits meaning you could have happy barbaric settlement. So they LIKE killing and cannibalism. So slaving and violence and blood sports would all be positive things.

Would make for a brilliant alternate game style, and of course if you wanted a normal colony having someone like that who would abuse prisoners or try to kill people of their own accord would be a problem the player had to face.

Lazarus

Quote from: MajorFordson on August 21, 2014, 02:33:15 AM
I love the idea of getting colonists with psychological traits meaning you could have happy barbaric settlement. So they LIKE killing and cannibalism. So slaving and violence and blood sports would all be positive things.

Would make for a brilliant alternate game style, and of course if you wanted a normal colony having someone like that who would abuse prisoners or try to kill people of their own accord would be a problem the player had to face.

I think this may just be a different type of suggestion :)
Poke poke, stab stab.

MajorFordson

Well the barbarians have to have slaves to do their bidding right? Why grow your own food when you can threaten captives with torture and death?

Lazarus

Ahhh that's what you meant! Sorry sorry the way I read it felt like you just wanted to capture people to sell into slavery and kill them! Must just be me being tired lol
Poke poke, stab stab.