LF a list of mods that use XML patching only

Started by RicRider, February 02, 2022, 06:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RicRider

I'm looking for a list of mods that use XML patching only. I'm not interested in mods that use assemblies. Is there a way to get a list of mods like this or would I need to go through them one by one and check in the folder structures? I guess I've already started making a list like this for myself but ultimately it would be useful if the mods could be sorted like this on the forum or labelled clearly. There seems to be no naming conventions for mods and I find that my lists are an absolute mess and I need to reorganise them daily.
##Coding Scrub##

RawCode

1) write script that download all mods from workshop and other arbitrary locations.
2) write script that parse metadata of said mods and file structure for presence of dll files.
3) understand that you just wasted 4 hours of your lifespan for nothing
4) on next day tens of new mods posted and you must do it again

RicRider

Quote from: RawCode on March 17, 2022, 01:25:04 AM
1) write script that download all mods from workshop and other arbitrary locations.
2) write script that parse metadata of said mods and file structure for presence of dll files.
3) understand that you just wasted 4 hours of your lifespan for nothing
4) on next day tens of new mods posted and you must do it again

Making posts about wasting time on a forum about modding a video game is a bit strange, so your third point sticks out like a sore thumb. If you wanted to know why I need this list of mods there's better ways to ask it. Like try a direct question next time. Assumptions are weird.

Regardless I did come up with your first two points by myself soon after I posted this so I have my list of mods that only use XML patching. And no, I didn't say I needed this list regularly updated either, so not sure where you got that idea from.

Have a great day.
##Coding Scrub##