How do you get slaughterers to haul the carcass

Started by rtuinila, December 18, 2021, 08:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtuinila

Hi Folks,

How do you get slaughtered carcasses hauled reliably. I'm losing so much meat due to rotting before I notice all these carcasses and can assign someone to haul them. Shouldn't
the slaughterer have the same rule as a hunter? You kill it you carry it?

Thanks!

Canute

Hi,
hunter normaly haul their prey corpse back to the base.
If they don't do that you maybe don't have any stockpile for corpses or it is full. You should check that.

Slaughterer or butcher how it is called, is a cooking subjob.
If you don't restrict the ingredent range the butcher will get and grab the nearest corpse.
I would suggest that you restrict the ingredent range so it just include the stockpile for corpse or the whole freezer area, then the butcher don't waste time to haul them from outside.

When you got animal's you should some trained for hauling, and don't forget to unforbid items from time to time, because corpses that don't kill you hunter are forbiden by default and noone haul them.

rtuinila

So correct me if I am wrong but there is no way to make the pawn that slaughters an animal carry it back  for butchering.

Canute

Sorry, maybe a translation problem.
Butcher slaughter animals.
Hunter hunting animals.
Quotehunter normaly haul their prey corpse back to the base.
If they don't do that you maybe don't have any stockpile for corpses or it is full. You should check that.

SpaceCows

Quote from: rtuinila on December 18, 2021, 08:17:14 AM
Hi Folks,

How do you get slaughtered carcasses hauled reliably. I'm losing so much meat due to rotting before I notice all these carcasses and can assign someone to haul them. Shouldn't
the slaughterer have the same rule as a hunter? You kill it you carry it?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking, but in your fridge/freezer stockpile:

1. Untick "allow rotten"
2. Tick "Animal corpses"
3. Set priority to "Preferred"

BinkyThePirate

Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2021, 12:51:32 PM
Hunter hunting animals.

Handlers are the ones who actually slaughter the animals, cooks just butcher the corpses.

Handlers don't automatically haul the carcass after killing like hunters do, but there's probably a mod out there to modify the handlers' behavior so they haul after slaughter.

rtuinila

Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2021, 12:51:32 PM
Hunter hunting animals.

Sorry this took so long!

Thanks Canute. My hunters do haul their kill but my handlers don't haul the animals they slaughter.

Vellaciraptor

Yeah they won't haul that automatically. Some things I do:

Train animals or use hauling robots, who mostly sort it out for me.
Go 'you are all useless' and crank everyone's haul priority to 1 for a couple of hours.
Play with one of the mods that add children. Make the children haul as a priority. Enjoy the idea of a child carrying around a dead cow.

You could also have your animal handlers (who I believe will do the slaughtering) haul as a priority, but I never have pawns I can waste on hauling.