Share your best battery / power gen setups HERE

Started by Reaper, August 31, 2014, 11:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper

Title says it all, show the most space saving battery rooms you have ever thought up. The largest power setups you have ever created,

MoparGamer

It's not the most space saving setup, but it is a large setup and kept me powered for the first 2 years (After that I had to use mods to power my base)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlo26ax4pmclfbo/screenshot30.png?dl=0

REMworlder

Not really a huge setup, but I like to always have a few batteries off the grid that can be patched into quickly. I've had too many electrical faults hit at the wrong moment, and nothing like having your backup turrets quit on you when enemies have breached the base :/

http://i.imgur.com/BVf2Uu5.jpg

RemingtonRyder

The high yield power gen is nice and all, but overloads seem to happen way too often for it to be worthwhile.  I now prefer to have isolated power grids which means that if one turret or part of a base loses its power supply, there will still be others that work.

christhekiller

Quote from: marvinkosh on September 01, 2014, 07:46:23 AM
The high yield power gen is nice and all, but overloads seem to happen way too often for it to be worthwhile.  I now prefer to have isolated power grids which means that if one turret or part of a base loses its power supply, there will still be others that work.

I do a similar thing. However I'll have a few smaller battery settups sprung about my bases and they'll all be wired up on the same circuit. That way in the event of explosions or what not if the power inside my base won't go completely about. And should bandits overrun my defences my colonists can retreat into the base and the turrets will have a few days supply of power.

Bodog999

I use batteries rarely I dont like them too much. I build my base out of metal walls and stone walls so when a short circuit appears a big indoor space usually burns up in flames