[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

where are you seeing this? there is no such flag, its based on value of weapon and tech level of raiders spawned.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

dareddevil7

Quote from: skullywag on March 22, 2015, 08:49:19 PM
where are you seeing this? there is no such flag, its based on value of weapon and tech level of raiders spawned.
i guess im delusional, also, congrats on your 2000th post!  ;D

Latta

I must say I really like gun textures! They are fantastic. I'm now trying SA80 and TAR21, maybe MP5 someday.

One suggestion though: Make them stronger.
Following calculated balance table, both SA80 and TAR21 seems to be way too weak compared to their price.
TAR has similar price, range and accuracy with AR but it is weak at all, even at touch range survival rifle can do 4.28 DPS but TAR only 4.38 DPS. (AR 6.14)
SA80's DPS is worse, it has nothing better than SR, it can only inflicts 2.08 DPS at medium range which it should be the strongest.

So here is detailed suggestion: TAR's damage to 8 from 6, warm-up to 80 from 100 makes it stroger than AR at short range but weaker at long range.
SA80's damage to 20(It costs nearly twice than SR!) solve all, I think. It's still weaker than AR, but it has more accuracy so...

EDIT: A xml bug here. TAR is using AK bullet definition so I keep getting errors of not founding AK bullet.

skullywag

Thanks for the feedback, not sure why the TAR is on 6 it should be 7, I was matching the calibre of the AR at 7 damage and trying to get a better close range weapon over the AR, the SA80 was supposed to be a more accurate AR without the bursts, I can see from the above that this hasnt been acheived, ill take what youve said and make some changes, jumping to 20 damage though im not sure about, if I drop the warmups and cooldowns could I get similar results?

Latta

As you said about matching caliber I assumed there will no damage adjustment. So far you need to make it fire really faster to achieve similar damage to AR. SA80 is well, besides its jam problem it's fully automatic right? Thus I think it won't be a problem but it need more range too in my opinion.

skullywag

yeah the sa80 is supposed to be the marksmen rifle, ill boost the range and fire rate (shooting 3 single shot bursts a second is no different to a burst of 3), id like to keep it single shot to keep it bracketed as a mid range marksmen rifle (the gun IRL is extrememly accurate) im trying to figure out alternate firing modes (I can do it but getting the UI to work is tricky). Once I figure that detail out im hoping all my guns will mirror real life in terms of single, semi and full auto.

curi0

Thanx a bunch for this, skullywag, I'll make good use of those Charge & Extinguisher!

@Latta: sorry for a bit OOT, but what app did you use for that weapon stats balancing? Thanks!

edit:
Ah, so that's just a spreadsheet.. ok, Imma use those formulas and take another peek at weapons wiki to make one; thanx for the help!

Latta

Quote from: curi0 on March 23, 2015, 09:26:21 PM
@Latta: sorry for a bit OOT, but what app did you use for that weapon stats balancing? Thanks!

It's MS Excel, but you can make it with free softwares like Google Spreadsheet. It only uses simple fuctions and easy to make, e.g. DPS is Raw DPS * Accuracy while Raw DPS is Damage * Burst shot count / (Cooldown + Warm up * 60 + Burst shot delay * (Burst shot count - 1))

And you can check this inside the game's log menu, though you can't tinker with values.

Latta

Oh, I think you should rotate your gun_top textures by 90 degrees, because...

Your gun(TAR) attached to weapon base is firing from side! Not sure if it's the case for your OmniTurrets, but as all gun textures in game are facing right side, I guess it will be same.

skullywag

hmm either ive randomly fixed this in my local version or something wonky is happening in your version, check the texture if its muzzle is pointing up its correct and what you are seeing ingame shouldnt happen, if the texture is sideways then yeah it shouldnt be, I addressed this issue when i first made the mod so not sure how youre seeing it now.

Latta

I just redownloaded TAR and checked its direction. It is still facing top!
Can't check SA80 because I'm on mobile.

rditto48801

Quote from: Latta on March 29, 2015, 09:36:33 PM
I just redownloaded TAR and checked its direction. It is still facing top!
Can't check SA80 because I'm on mobile.

I decided to test this out myself since I was able to get both from merchants.
I am also having both the TAR21 and SA80 are shooting out of their side.
I used dev mode and spawned a number of the turret bases (auto and a manned one) and some weapons from the OP, and mounted weapons like the MP5, RPG, Revolver and RailGun, and all of those also aimed/fired out of the side.
I mount something like a minigun and it points the right direction, using the 'large gun' texture, which also points up.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

skullywag

How random. Check in the textures folder is their a dedicated top down graphic?  If there is make sure its pointing north south if its not rotate it in whatever program you have available. Ill upload a fix tonight when im home.

rditto48801

Quote from: skullywag on March 30, 2015, 03:51:08 AM
How random. Check in the textures folder is their a dedicated top down graphic?  If there is make sure its pointing north south if its not rotate it in whatever program you have available. Ill upload a fix tonight when im home.

I checked the weapons I tested with, they all have the (weapon name)_top image with the barrel end pointing up.
On a side note, I noticed the RPG_top image looks a little blurry to me for some reason. (using Windows Photo Viewer)

Since the weapons are shooting out of the right side, as is using a default right facing image, despite using the top image, I wonder if it is the weapon base itself or the mod it is from that is the cause of the issue.

Edit
The thing that has me curious are weapons that use the 'generic' images from the turret base itself if they lack their own top texture. Those images point up, and weapons using them have the barrel pointed at the target.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

skullywag

So are you guys using my omniturrets mod. That is the only turret mod ive purposefully made them compatible with.