Possible black screen fix

Started by DiabeticCat, September 16, 2014, 04:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiabeticCat

Well, I was frustrated with my RimWorld crashing, taking forever to load and generally being slow.
I restarted my computer did the fix from the wiki and generally had no improvement. Until, I had uninstalled hamachi, disabled it, and restarted my computer.
For some odd reason Hamachi had given me problems with games in the past and I think, after me completely removing it I fixed my problem.
Now my game loads instantly and my game works fine with mods again.
I'm basically posting this to give people ideas if they run across this glitch. I'm fairly certain that this worked for me.

StorymasterQ

There are other posts saying the same thing: Hamachi is the culprit for the forever loading problem. What is Hamachi, anyway?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

DiabeticCat

It is for hosting or connecting to others without the need of port forwarding.

skullywag

Why would a networking tool cause issues with game load? I wouls assume the only time it would interfere would be during a network operation. Does rimworld fire any calls home/internet checks on start?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Neurotoxin

Quote from: skullywag on September 17, 2014, 02:50:05 AM
Why would a networking tool cause issues with game load? I wouls assume the only time it would interfere would be during a network operation. Does rimworld fire any calls home/internet checks on start?

Update check on startup and anonymous usage if you're opted in. Otherwise none. Oddly enough even if hamachi was intercepting those calls it should still load as starting the game without any active connection or firewalling the game works fine.