Cabin Fever issue!

Started by shmooe, September 25, 2014, 10:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

You're right, it is a bit odd. It's done that way so you can't kill cabin fever by just having a little skylight in your dungeon. But it needs more work to be properly nuanced.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

shmooe

Quote from: Rahjital on September 28, 2014, 12:40:20 AM
To be fair, you broke so much of the game by this approach that cabin fever is not really important anymore :P

The point is that what the other guys said was invalid. The cabin fever needs work. Ive heard enough about technical this and that. so....

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Rahjital

Quote from: Tynan on September 28, 2014, 01:03:16 AM
You're right, it is a bit odd. It's done that way so you can't kill cabin fever by just having a little skylight in your dungeon. But it needs more work to be properly nuanced.

Perhaps severe cabin fever should not disappear instantly but take time to do so? Passing below a skylight would then do nothing to get them rid of it.

Romi

I hope this gets fix in alpha 7

PookyJM

Quote from: Romi on September 28, 2014, 01:05:45 PM
I hope this gets fix in alpha 7
Well, there is already so much in alpha 7 that i think it can wait for later.
The worse it will do is to force us to get or colonist to get a bit of light from time to time. I usualy put a table outside as a "gathering spot" (and remove this from the table inside the colonie) so any idle colonist go to my entrance

Smasher5523

Who cares if cabin fever is broken? just lay down a nice little carpet down and all will be good :)

Matthiasagreen

Anyone read the changelog today? We speak and tynan listens.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Tynan

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 29, 2014, 05:20:21 PM

It's fixed, but for A8.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Shinzy

Quote from: Tynan on September 29, 2014, 06:41:43 PM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 29, 2014, 05:20:21 PM

It's fixed, but for A8.

Question!
off topic but related to your post anyhow! =P
any log entries beyond the point where it says (started working on alpha 8 -blah blah..) will not be present in Alpha 7?

Matthiasagreen

Obviously not the person you were asking, but I would think it would be safe to say that everything done on or after the day that was posted will be alpha 8
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

shmooe

Again TY for seeing the issue with this and working to correct it. Tynan your game is amazing! Simply jaw dropping, I have played since day 1 and everything your doing with this game has only further interested me to keep playing. You dont know me so you must understand. I get bored of games in days, if it has enough bugs then mins. I have 1000s of hrs logged in your game. top 4 in my game list. Keep up the good work!