Awesome World Seeds

Started by Romi, October 01, 2014, 06:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romi

If you have any cool world seeds fell free to post it here so everyone can see and try it out! And if you find a world called first with "Ras" try it out,it may be a cool world.
If you don't know how to install this, here are the instructions:
1.Go to Start
2.Type %appdata%
3.Hit Enter, then up there you see AppData, click it,then click LocalLow,Ludeon Studios,RimWorld,then worlds and drag the rww file there.Done! Enjoy :D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Romi

World Ras Alathfar:
Factions: 2 friendly outlanders
2 friendly tribes
1 hostile pirate team
Sadly i don't remember the seed, but the sav file is on the description :D

andyprogrammer

Try "andy" (without the quotes) on the new Alpha 7. Look familiar?? Kind of eerie.

Romi

Thanks right now i'm doing this!
Thanks for reply. :D

ItchyFlea

My current favourite world and location:

Game version: Alpha 7
Seed: 8awm
Size: 200x150
Good location: 6.93oE - 18.13oN
Screenshot of location: http://i.imgur.com/RfNQJc8.png
Completely enclosed except for a 1 block wide entrance to the west. Terrain is mountains and it comes with a southern coast. :D
Factions:
1 Outlander
2 Tribal
2 Pirate
Their relations towards you can vary, so their relations towards your colony based there may differ from their relations with my colony.
But along with the pirates being hostile, one of the tribals are also hostile towards me.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Romi

A cool map! You can estabilish a good defense there!Have you checked the factions yet?

Matthiasagreen

replying so I can check out that map later.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Romi on October 02, 2014, 08:27:25 AM
A cool map! You can estabilish a good defense there!Have you checked the factions yet?
Forgot to add those. Editted my post to reflect them and their relations towards my specific colony. There is a chance you'd get them generated to be nice towards your colony, as their hostility is determined at map gen, not world gen.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Romi

Well actually is not that bad.Please check out my map,i don't know if is compatibile with alpha 7 but try.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Romi on October 02, 2014, 11:45:48 AM
Well actually is not that bad.Please check out my map,i don't know if is compatibile with alpha 7 but try.
Since I'm not sure that worlds created in A6 would work correctly in A7, I pulled the world seed from the world file you posted (Seed: 1gd3) and had a quick look at the world. With the world size of 200x150, this spot looks pretty good (Tropical Rainforest biome, Mountains, Southern Coast): 3.73oE - 19.20oN

Romi

Thanks and when i click in my map to select location it don't work :/ so rimworld alpha 6 saves are not compatibile with 7.Well no problem i deleted it and i will search for another.If i find something cool i will let you guys know!Stay awesome!:D

Alitaria

So using the map seed andy as andyprogrammer suggested i found this beauty of a region located at 75.73E 11.73N
http://i.imgur.com/tNvbQd8.jpg
It's only accessible through a 2 wide gap to the west and has steam geysers fairly close by. 
The nearby factions foe me were 2 neutral outlander towns, 1 neutral tribe and 2 hostile pirate bands.

Overall, pretty good world
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Romi

Visitor000

Alpha: 7
Seed: June

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

Timber

Quote from: ItchyFlea on October 02, 2014, 08:09:04 AM
My current favourite world and location:

Game version: Alpha 7
Seed: 8awm
Size: 200x150
Good location: 6.93oE - 18.13oN
Screenshot of location: http://i.imgur.com/RfNQJc8.png
Completely enclosed except for a 1 block wide entrance to the west. Terrain is mountains and it comes with a southern coast. :D
Factions:
1 Outlander
2 Tribal
2 Pirate
Their relations towards you can vary, so their relations towards your colony based there may differ from their relations with my colony.
But along with the pirates being hostile, one of the tribals are also hostile towards me.

My god what a cool seed! Just begs for a colony!
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas