[MOD] (Alpha 12) Thingamajigs! -Discontinuedmajig-

Started by Shinzy, October 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Thingamajigs adds assortment of tools at your disposal
While you could hack your enemies to pieces with your spatula, it is not adviced!
It's far more useful for flipping those muffalo flanks on the frying pan

Available in your closest smithing workbenches (some assembly required)

Download
Thingamajigs!

Mod currently includes

Pneumatic Pick
Description: Reliable and deadly mining tool.
Stats: +25% mining speed
Materials: Metallic

Machete
Desription: Meant to be used for clearing path in dense jungles, Nowadays mostly used for clearing density from someone's shoulders.
Stats: +15% Plant work speed

Spatula
Description: The most cheftacular equipment for cooking. Or shaming your rivals with it's majestic slap
Stats: +35% Cooking speed
Materials: Metallic, Woody

Bonesaw
Description: Theres never a dull moment with a doctor armed with this and their favourite phrases at the ready. "Trust me! You won't feel a thing" And "Oops, is this supposed to bleed so much?"
Stats: +5% Base Healing quality, +25% Medical operation speed

Riding crop
Description: While virtually useless as a weapon, Riding crops have proven to give extremely dominant image of the wielder, and thus speeding up the recruitment process
Stats: +5% Prisoner recruitment chance
Materials: Leathery

Cane
Description: Cane with a heavy knob as a handle. Makes the user seem all the more respectable and very suave. Also helps them keep on their feet
Stats: +25% Social impact
Materials: Metallic, Woody

Mechano-Wrench
Description: Ginormous wrench, mainly used in spaceship maintenance but could technically be applied to mechanoid disassembly process.
Stats: +100% Mechanoid disassembly efficiency

Tailorer 3000
Description: Ginormous needle with attached scissors, It's not known what kind of twisted mind conjured up this tool but it's been found to be efficient at what it does.
Stats: +30% Tailoring Speed

Meat Cleaver
Description: Tool designed to separate meat from bones and casting menacing shadows through shower curtains.
Stats: +15% Butchery efficiency, +10% Butchery speed

Breadknife
Description: your favourite tool for cutting bread and ending quarrels.
Stats: +5% butchery efficiency/speed +5 cooking speed

Nailgun
Description: Your usual pneumatic nailgun.
Stats: +15% construction speed

Chiphook
Description: What is a stone, eh? you cut it, you mold it, you chip it with a chiphook. Some say it's ruining a perfectly good stone; Others say it's art..
Stats: Mining Speed 2 %, Smoothing speed 10 %, Sculpting Speed 18 %, Stonecutting Speed 10 %
Materials: Metallic, Stone

Poke the fish for all my other mods

[attachment deleted due to age]

Telkir

Nice idea! I'm going to have to try this one out once I actually get to playing the game instead of updating my mods... :P

Shinzy

Quote from: Telkir on October 02, 2014, 09:17:41 AM
Nice idea! I'm going to have to try this one out once I actually get to playing the game instead of updating my mods... :P
I feel you! =P I haven't managed to really play the game myself either with all the stuff I want to update / do

Jaxxa

Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:19:07 AM
I feel you! =P I haven't managed to really play the game myself either with all the stuff I want to update / do

Wait, you can actually play this game? I thought it was just for creating mods. Also nice mod.

Shinzy

Quote from: Jaxxa on October 02, 2014, 09:26:23 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 09:19:07 AM

Wait, you can actually play this game? I thought it was just for creating mods. Also nice mod.

I've heard some rumours that you can! I don't know how legit they are ;D

Rikiki

Yep, same here with the Mining & Co. mods to manage, nearly 1 month I only code and play 5 minutes to test the last version :P

BTW it is cool to see as easy it is to make tools. Thanks for the samples Shinzy! :)

minami26

Lol u guys hahaha.. wait.. i ddnt know u can add work stats now awesome!

Shinzy

Quote from: minami26 on October 02, 2014, 10:31:21 AM
Lol u guys hahaha.. wait.. i ddnt know u can add work stats now awesome!

Yup you can! wait till I get to work on job specific clothing and hats!
I've been so excited for this update for this exact reason

LunchboxKilla

I just wish there was a tool belt and an added crafting system for tools so you can almost make your guys like some robust nut of space station 13.

IE have the tools need for the profession and the option to carry a gun and/or a better melee weapon.

RCX

Brilliant addition, I mean how hard would it be to make a hatchet or a saw in order to speed up working when you can make a freaking spaceship out of metal.

Good addition, hopefully it expands into something deeper.

Nematrec

May I suggest you make the Pneumatic pick require the research of the same name if it doesn't already?

Also could you add some bionic tools? (Bionic Spatula for the win!)

Shinzy

Quote from: Nematrec on October 02, 2014, 03:43:12 PM
May I suggest you make the Pneumatic pick require the research of the same name if it doesn't already?

Also could you add some bionic tools? (Bionic Spatula for the win!)

The research isn't really necessary! you can't craft any of these, raiders are carrying them and I believe traders are aswell (haven't actually had a trader with one for sale so can't confirm just yet)

I'll think about the bionic spatula =P
there's some other tools I've actually made already but I wanna test things out more before making any updates ;D Aaand update my other mods

Zeta Omega

Rikiki

This is already planned in my Deepdriller mod (look at the mining tech tree). Just wait some more days... :P

Ramsis

Can I just say how badly we need this actually in Vanilla? Seriously poke Tynan and show off your mod because honestly our people need to stop beating things into other things with their hands.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~