[MOD] (Alpha 7) Extended Surgery Mod

Started by CrazehMeow, October 03, 2014, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livamyrd

Hi there, i just wanted to thank you for this mod, is pretty useful.

I just have seen a little fail in the mod: You have no bionic or prosthetic stomach and it's very neccesary. Why? Because and stomachless survivor is a death one. He just can eat if he's sick in the medical bed.

Could you put a stomach in newer versions? I would thank you a lot.

llunauk

Could we also some jaws and some of the other parts that are missing added to the list.  At this point we might as well go full robo or be equipped well enough to fix any medical emergency that happens.  Colony M*A*S*H thanks you!  :D

CrazehMeow

Quote from: JuliaEllie on October 06, 2014, 06:34:13 AM
Hey,

I like your mod. I wanted to do (might do) something similar but I saw that you are overwriting the Human Race Definition. Id recommend to use my Recipe Nurse "mod" I just released. You inspired me to write it ;) If you want to I can help you configuring it and send you a pre configured version.

This is genuninely awesome! I'll integrate that with the next update asap. But due to health issues I couldn't do stuff for this mod this past weekend. Sorry!  :-[

Now different mods can add to one another which is extremly helpful and powerful.

Thank you so much! :D

Dead_End_Road

I really love your mod but I would say the bionic eyes are too cheep to make 15 plasteel to make an eye worth around 700-900 sliver I get its tiny and wouldn't need allot but it still feel like an easy out for cash. Also I have no idea if this is doable but making it so you need a high level medical and crafting for making bionic items because it would be easy enough to make a simple arm or glass eye just knowing crafting but wouldn't you need some kind of medical knowledge to make an arm for someone? But if you think i'm talking out my ass please disregard this. I love your mod its makes it more fun for me and have you considered adding chainsaw hands?

Svullo

crazymeow, could you please add some way to heal permanent scars and other permanent injuries? maybe by building some really advanced medicine item that you have to research and use on your people? and also bionic organs (liver, heart, lungs, kidney)? if you could add that that would be great. basically i would like to be able to restore all my people to pristine condition. no scars or missing body parts or anything. that would be awesome. anyway, keep up the good work.

bullet

Svullo was ahead of me  :)  Yeah, permanent scars is greatly interfere with, they are easy to receiving and there is no possibility to treat them yet

Funkmissile

This mod is crazy good. Got most of my colony decked out in cyber-limbs already. One thing I was a tad disappointed in was that the AI Core, when replacing the brain, doesn't stop the possibility of mental breaks. Being that it is such an expensive procedure and all.

If I were to make any suggestions on additions to this mod, some more of the surgery's that provide a massive difference in the character would be fantastic. Like a lobotomy, or something to that effect, to prevent mental breaks but at the expense of not being able to perform skilled labour nor fire a weapon with any real accuracy, leading to true "drone" like colonists.

JuliaEllie

while I made my eye transplant update for Apothecarius I saw that you also change the eye partDef. If you want to I can give you the code to add the talking activity to the game without editing the core defs :)

SyberSmoke

Suggestion

Neural Grafts: An alternative to using the AI core.  A neural graft takes brain tissue from one subject and uses it to repair damage in the other.  This could be a way to help brain damaged characters over several surgeries.  The catch is...some one has to loose their mind to do it.   ;)

Wex

I am quite sure we can craft wodden foot by today. It's weird to have to remove a leg for a missing foot.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Igabod

Quote from: Wex on October 08, 2014, 04:14:03 AM
I am quite sure we can craft wodden foot by today. It's weird to have to remove a leg for a missing foot.

If we can make a fully bionic leg that increases your walking speed then we could definitely make a wooden foot. I'd like to see bionic feet that can improve your walking speed (by half the amount that legs do) which can be used with bionic legs or with natural legs. This way you could choose to replace the entire leg and then develop an advanced foot to augment the existing bionic leg. Or if your colonist just loses a foot or a couple toes or whatever you could put the advanced foot on them and not remove their leg. It should be in a 2nd tier of research that includes also bionic hands and eyes.

Actually there should be 3 or 4 tiers of research for this mod. Basic prosthetic replacements for the first tier (basic prosthetic legs and arms and glass eyes and hook hands should be in this tier) basic bionics for the 2nd tier (just bionic legs and arms here) and advanced bionics in the third tier (bionic hands and feet and eyes and pretty much any other bionics that aren't in the 2nd tier go here). Then maybe possibly a 4th tier for bionic organ replacement that essentially turns the colonist into a robot. This would add yet more functionality to the researching aspect of the game which is definitely needed. And it gives the player a long term goal to focus on if they want to have a colony of androids and cyborgs.

MelanisticAlbino

Awesome mod! A must have!!! I really hope you keep this alive, I really can't play without it.

What I would like to see:

-Craftable Medkits (20 cloths, some plants, metal or something like that)
- some kind of Life support! (Install life-support to keep the colonists alive while you try to find an organ for them etc)
-AI brain stops mental breaks and allows the person to do things it could not previously do. For example, one of my colonists got brain damage
and couldn't do some intellectual stuff, implementing the AI brain didn't change that. Maybe it's hardcoded?

Clibanarius

bullet

Quote from: Igabod on October 08, 2014, 04:31:26 AM
Quote from: Wex on October 08, 2014, 04:14:03 AM

If we can make a fully bionic leg that increases your walking speed then we could definitely make a wooden foot. I'd like to see bionic feet that can improve your walking speed (by half the amount that legs do) which can be used with bionic legs or with natural legs. This way you could choose to replace the entire leg and then develop an advanced foot to augment the existing bionic leg. Or if your colonist just loses a foot or a couple toes or whatever you could put the advanced foot on them and not remove their leg. It should be in a 2nd tier of research that includes also bionic hands and eyes.

Actually there should be 3 or 4 tiers of research for this mod. Basic prosthetic replacements for the first tier (basic prosthetic legs and arms and glass eyes and hook hands should be in this tier) basic bionics for the 2nd tier (just bionic legs and arms here) and advanced bionics in the third tier (bionic hands and feet and eyes and pretty much any other bionics that aren't in the 2nd tier go here). Then maybe possibly a 4th tier for bionic organ replacement that essentially turns the colonist into a robot. This would add yet more functionality to the researching aspect of the game which is definitely needed. And it gives the player a long term goal to focus on if they want to have a colony of androids and cyborgs.

or add hands, feet (bionic body?) and other additional body parts and organs to the tier 2  to current arms and legs. But for tier 3-4  add new analogues but more powerful and more expensive to produce (using plasteel ,gold and synthread/devilstrand/hyperwave) with additional abilities like as in the Apparello mod (by Shinzy)  which add bonuses to apparel like Researching \ Aiming \ Work \ learning speed, resisting for different damage type  and others

For example bionic eye mk II (+10-15% speed for aiming) or chip for the brain for research speed\discounts at trade. Maybe  some new... Just some examples of what is already there and can add

Or different fabrics (synthread/devilstrand/hyperwave) in production of bionic parts mk II will add different  bonuses (combat\common-social\craft bonuses)

Shiftyeyesshady

I'd love to see a synthskin bionic that can heal old scars and maybe make your colonist more damage resistant. But there is probably a more elegant way of doing it.