[A15] Right Tool For The Job v1.16

Started by ItchyFlea, October 07, 2014, 01:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

re1wind

Ah, well that sucks. at least the work-around is fairly simple.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Zhadum on February 20, 2015, 10:47:57 AM
I just spent several annoying minutes adding and removing mods to finally figure out that it was yours that was causing that issue.
Thanks for clarifying here that it will work and how to work around it.
Tip: Add this info to first page!
Sorry about that.
I can't believe I forgot to add that info to the OP, thank you for reminding me.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Zhadum

I am still having issues. But I am not sure which mod or mods are causing it.
Game starts and works fine, except that I get error messages while playing. as far as I can tell it's in conjunction with visitors or traders or enemies supposed to arrive. They never do. (just started a new colony and haven't had a single incident yet after several days, but in the log window 3 times I've seen what seems to be those kinds of incidents not occuring.

Only reason I post here is because when searching forum for a term that showed up, this thread was the only one containing it.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueUnfinalized (StatRequest req, Boolean applyPostProcess) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValue (StatRequest req, Boolean applyPostProcess) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatWorker.GetValueAbstract (Verse.EntityDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.StatExtension.GetStatValueAbstract (Verse.EntityDef def, RimWorld.StatDef stat, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnWeaponGenerator.IsDerpWeapon (Verse.ThingDef thing, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ThingStuffPair.get_Commonality () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnWeaponGenerator.<TryGenerateWeaponFor>m__F0 (ThingStuffPair w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.Func`2<RimWorld.ThingStuffPair, single>:invoke_single__this___ThingStuffPair (RimWorld.ThingStuffPair)
  at Verse.GenCollection.RandomElementByWeight[ThingStuffPair] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 weightSelector) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnWeaponGenerator.TryGenerateWeaponFor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef kindDef, RimWorld.Faction faction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker+<GenerateArrivingPawns>c__Iterator71.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility+<GenerateArrivingPawns>c__Iterator72.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.Pawn]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Pawn] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I imagine that snippet is very similar to the one posted earlier in this thread. Might be wrong though.

Edit: your mod is not condusive to testing XD
it very heavily crashes if removed and game loaded XD
Edit2: It does in fact seem to be your mod that is causing issues for me. Using the dev tools I tried sending in various raids, wandererjoin etc incidents. Some/most of the time it failed when using your mod. In another colony with same set up of mods minus yours I did not manage to get a fail message when doing the same.
I am not a coder, but it seems to be erroneus by calling for a file or function (or faction?) that doesn't exist.

ItchyFlea

All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

The StatRequest for null def. bug has been fixed. The solution is a workaround, but it works, and doesn't break the balancing of the mod all that much. This also means the issue with world generation has also been fixed.

You can now safely use this mod without it causing issues in the game.

pokemonfirer

any status on when this will be alpha 10 ready as i love having this mod

ItchyFlea

Quote from: pokemonfirer on April 24, 2015, 12:38:40 PM
any status on when this will be alpha 10 ready as i love having this mod
I have a severe lack of free time at the moment, so I can't promise anything. I do intend to update it, but I don't know when that will be.

harpo99999

kitties just need to stop HISSING and start purring on the mods

skyarkhangel

I'am updated it to A10, full rewrote and add something new:)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Adamiks

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 26, 2015, 11:41:50 AM

What new? Tools can be storage in inventory (not weapon) slot?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Adamiks on May 26, 2015, 11:52:11 AM

a shovels and brooms!  ;D
No, weapon slot, but have weapon damage.

Adamiks

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 26, 2015, 12:00:04 PM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 26, 2015, 11:52:11 AM

a shovels and brooms!  ;D

Oh... Not interested ;D Anyway i forgot about that i actually have Alpha 10 version of this mod (created by me) but i don't uploaded it (because i'm muffalo). And i have idea adding tools as apparel, not weapon, i will try to "do something" with this idea.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Adamiks on May 26, 2015, 12:03:34 PM
-snip-
I'm perfectly fine with you uploading your version of the mod and making it available to others. Just make sure that your version uses the same license agreement that this one does. The licence agreement can be found in my signature.

EDIT: Added links to the Alpha 10 versions that others have made to the OP.

LanMc

Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...