[1.0] Extended Turrets Mod --1.0 Release Update--

Started by Kilroy232, October 10, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlorenceTWA

Rolf

I rly love this mod great work and i hope you update it to a11 ^^ because i want my rimworld tower def game back ^^

Euzio

Quote from: Rolf on June 25, 2015, 06:28:32 AM
I rly love this mod great work and i hope you update it to a11 ^^ because i want my rimworld tower def game back ^^

Would love to have this mod for A11. Used it in A10 and it was great. Haven't really found a suitable turret mod for A11 thus far.

mrofa

https://www.sendspace.com/file/64wlnj
This is a11 version, or atleast the last stuff we did work with Kilroy232, im not sure how well it is balanced since its no my strong suit, but everything else should work properly, atleast from initial testing.
All i do is clutter all around.

Euzio

Quote from: mrofa on June 29, 2015, 10:17:21 AM
https://www.sendspace.com/file/64wlnj
This is a11 version, or atleast the last stuff we did work with Kilroy232, im not sure how well it is balanced since its no my strong suit, but everything else should work properly, atleast from initial testing.

Cool~ Will give it a go tonight.
Though is Kilroy232 himself going to be updating the page for this? Because it does seem that he's no longer around recently.. (his last active date was like 14 June)

mrofa

Euzio

If he doesn't come back or intend to continue updating maybe you could consider starting a new thread to notify about the update. Assuming you intend to takeover where he left off :).

mrofa

Its a big maybe, and even then i will need atleast his promission.

oakshaft

Im going to be honest, after trying it out for about an hour I think that the heavy 12 burst turret is extremely underpowered for its energy cost, I used the god mode to spawn about 10 of them in and after sending in a decent sized raid, my base fell. The turrets were just so inaccurate over multiple attempts that they just dont seem worth it.

If anything raise their accuracy a tad bit... but thats just my 2 cents

Euzio

I've rarely used the heavy turrets myself as I find that the sniper turret and standard turret is more than sufficient to defend my base. The sniper turret especially can be a beast once its fully upgraded.

From what I see of the heavy turret, it only works best if you can bottleneck the raiders coming in. Usually through means of a killzone or something. However, its still wildly inaccurate and its used more to slow raiders down by inflicting injuries on them through hit or miss. If combined with the sniper turret and standard turrets though, they will be a formidable defence.

oakshaft

Thats true, I just figured that 12 bullets would do a whole lot more damage and be alot more accurate than a few hits every burst. If ya know what I mean.

mrofa

It have more health and its more effective to fight canepids, before full upgrade atleast.

RemingtonRyder

The thing to look at with turrets (or any weapon, really) is how accurate it is at the specified range points. If there's a significant fall-off of accuracy with range, it doesn't matter how many bullets it's putting out, it won't hit much at maximum range. But if it is accurate at short range, then those bullets could do significant damage at that range - as Euzio says, you just need to fit it in somewhere where it is most effective.

Turrets also attract enemies, so even if a turret isn't particularly accurate on its own, it can lure enemies into the range of turrets (or colonists) which are.

Kilroy232

Thank you for putting up with my forgetfulness and a big thank you to mrofa for taking the time to move this mod over to A11.

If you have played it then you have already seen that there are some major improvements and still some more work to me done. mrofa was kind enough to make all new textures that blow my work out of the water as well as adding dll coding to add new research projects.

I hope that everyone enjoys that improvements and as always I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions in this thread.

Euzio

Been using it in my recent play through. Love the texture upgrades. Makes everything look alot cooler. I also like how the research paths have been expanded upon.

Also, although its considered a nerf, I did like seeing how the turrets now require more power than normal. Always felt the sniper turret especially was rather OPed in the past with its lower power cost. Now its just about right and I have to juggle between toggling my turrets on or off to ensure sufficient power.