[MOD] (Alpha 7) Refrigeration (v1.0.4 - Updated Nov 1)

Started by indiecosmic, October 15, 2014, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

The fridge is not able to be connected to the power grid for some reason. :)

indiecosmic

Quote from: Evul on October 20, 2014, 10:14:24 PM

I'll look into this. Could you describe in steps how to reproduce it? Is it when trying to connect a newly built fridge (v1.0.2) to the power grid?

pauloman

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 21, 2014, 06:16:54 AM
Quote from: Evul on October 20, 2014, 10:14:24 PM

I'll look into this. Could you describe in steps how to reproduce it? Is it when trying to connect a newly built fridge (v1.0.2) to the power grid?
Yes, I have the Same issue, After building a new fridge. And there is no reconnect button.
I would Love to try the fridge!

indiecosmic

Quote from: pauloman on October 21, 2014, 07:13:52 AMYes, I have the Same issue, After building a new fridge. And there is no reconnect button.
I would Love to try the fridge!

If you just want to try it out you can download v1.0.1, it should be stable. The only difference is that the new one has a tiny texture update and that it should consume more power on warm maps and less power on cold maps. :) I'll make a fix as soon as I get off work.

lordgiza

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 21, 2014, 07:18:33 AM
If you just want to try it out you can download v1.0.1, it should be stable. The only difference is that the new one has a tiny texture update and that it should consume more power on warm maps and less power on cold maps. :) I'll make a fix as soon as I get off work.

The problem seems to be the line in Version 1.0.2 under thingsdefs:
<compClass>IndieSoft.RimWorld.Refrigeration.CompTemperatureBasedPowerTrader</compClass>

Where it should be:

<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>

indiecosmic

Quote from: lordgiza on October 21, 2014, 08:06:25 AM
The problem seems to be the line in Version 1.0.2 under thingsdefs:
<compClass>IndieSoft.RimWorld.Refrigeration.CompTemperatureBasedPowerTrader</compClass>

Where it should be:

<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>

I made an own power trader class that behaves a bit differently than the base CompPowerTrader, but you're right that the power trader is the issue. This can be used as a quick-fix until I solve the problem.

indiecosmic

A new version (v1.0.3) which fixes the power grid bug is now available on GitHub.

pauloman

Evul

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 21, 2014, 12:51:04 PM
A new version (v1.0.3) which fixes the power grid bug is now available on GitHub.

Sweet! :)
Sorry for being slow :P

indiecosmic

Quote from: Evul on October 20, 2014, 12:57:28 PM
Any plans on making a area effect item?
To make it possible to have a walk in freezer. :D

I've been thinking of this and I like the idea!

However, I'm worried that both a freezer and a zone/room type would effectively cancel out the food spoil times. If I were to add it to the refrigeration mod I would like to balance it in some way so it doesn't just give you food with infinite spoil time. That would also remove the need for the refrigerator, so it would be more appropriate as a separate mod I think. What are your thoughts on this?

dark4466

When playing around I found a few issues I'll look into:

dark4466

Endoric

indiecosmic

I made a small update which adds a glowing effect to the fridge.

Vas

If you could, it would be nice to be able to build a refrigeration room.  One entire room that keeps everything inside it cold, and causes colonists that are inside it to be uncomfortable because of the cold and become stressed like being in the dark and stuff.  :P  This way I can store a lot of things in one big walk in fridge.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.