[MOD] (Alpha 7) Refrigeration (v1.0.4 - Updated Nov 1)

Started by indiecosmic, October 15, 2014, 06:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopkar

sidfu

tech tree minami already has refigiration. think u can make a ttm patch?

indiecosmic

Quote from: sidfu on October 16, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

Yeah, I guess. But what do you want the patch to do? Add this refrigerator to the existing TTM refrigerator tech?

Tsilliev

Thanks, I really needed that, you make up to 50 meals, and after 2 days, it drops to 10 :D

sidfu

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 17, 2014, 04:22:55 AM
Quote from: sidfu on October 16, 2014, 11:21:22 PM

Yeah, I guess. But what do you want the patch to do? Add this refrigerator to the existing TTM refrigerator tech?

sounds good to me.  TTM hjas 2 fridge things 1 extends life of food for 2 weeks with at 2 weeks 20% of the food in it spoils and that higher one. it has no chance to spoil. buth can only hold 1 item type thou

dantronix

Came here to make this mod. You have saved me much work. Great job!

indiecosmic

Thanks for all your kind words! So what do you guys think, did anyone have time to try it out? Does it need any balancing, additions, modifications? I'm thinking it would be cool to add temperature as a modifying factor (so the fridge needs some time to "charge" before it reaches full effect, and loses effect more slowly over time on solar flares etc), but I don't want to overwork it if it feels stable and intuitive.

Tsilliev

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 19, 2014, 07:53:48 AM
Thanks for all your kind words! So what do you guys think, did anyone have time to try it out? Does it need any balancing, additions, modifications? I'm thinking it would be cool to add temperature as a modifying factor (so the fridge needs some time to "charge" before it reaches full effect, and loses effect more slowly over time on solar flares etc), but I don't want to overwork it if it feels stable and intuitive.
Maybe you can make it consume more power at 30 degrees map where if you have chosen a terrain with lower temperature it will consume much less power?

indiecosmic

Quote from: Tsilliev on October 19, 2014, 07:59:26 AM
Maybe you can make it consume more power at 30 degrees map where if you have chosen a terrain with lower temperature it will consume much less power?

Yeah, that's a cool idea! I released a new version to try it out.

Tsilliev

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 19, 2014, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Tsilliev on October 19, 2014, 07:59:26 AM

Yeah, that's a cool idea! I released a new version to try it out.
Downloading, now people will always choose the north.  ;D

edit: when I try to download it says your file is being verified, lets see tomorrow.

And what do you think of adding a freezer? Consumes much more power but at least I can put my potatoes there and eat them after a month. :D
But the colonists will need to wait for it to defroze or in other words it will take twice the time to consume the meal which was taken from the freezer, although not sure if its possible to code that.

Quote from: indiecosmic on October 19, 2014, 07:53:48 AM
When a solar flare happens, it would be nice when I check my meals to see that their spoil counter drops to the original value, :D and as you said vice versa when the temperature rises up when there is power.

bobboy555

Could you upload your mods somewhere other than ModDB? I want to get this mod before starting my next colony but I can't get it because it's being verified. Dropbox would be a good choice in my opinion.

indiecosmic

Quote from: bobboy555 on October 19, 2014, 05:54:52 PM
Could you upload your mods somewhere other than ModDB? I want to get this mod before starting my next colony but I can't get it because it's being verified. Dropbox would be a good choice in my opinion.

Sorry for that, I didn't know the verification on ModDB would take so long time.

However, I always publish releases on GitHub as well:
https://github.com/indiecosmic/rimworld-refrigeration/releases

Tsilliev

Says its out of power.  :D

edit: I fixed the problem by reverting to the old version and also I made myself a freezer, when the fridge is researched there is another research project called freezer that takes 1000 points to research,  and for double the power the freezer extends the meals life to 38 days.  :D I am learning to mod Rimworld as well little by little.

Of couse I cant upload the files,because its Indiecosmic's mod.  :D Indie if you want I can give you the files, but I know you will be able to make this in 30 seconds.

Evul

Any plans on making a area effect item?
To make it possible to have a walk in freezer. :D

Tsilliev

Quote from: Evul on October 20, 2014, 12:57:28 PM
Any plans on making a area effect item?
To make it possible to have a walk in freezer. :D
Maybe copy the prisoner system but instead of having prisoners there, have the spoil counter and also to have a breath effect from colonists when walking inside it. Or if this doesnt work, maybe look how the modular tables are done, remove the texture(or have cement/metalic texture), remove the slowing down effect, and make it like the fridge if food is put on top the spoil counter changes. Or a third idea is to make 10x10 fridge, make it walkable/passable, and if there arent any walls surrounding it, huge amount of power is consumed.