[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

Quote from: eatKenny on February 24, 2015, 02:30:56 PM
made a quick update to alpha 9 with some small balances, tell me if you find bugs or something wierd.
you say in the change log for the latest 2014

deadmeat5150

Finally updated for Alpha 9! I was wondering why my cannon turrets weren't doing anything.

dareddevil7

i want to see the manned brownings consume ammo, and when can it be expected for the nuclear strike to have consequences

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 27, 2015, 05:43:24 PM
i want to see the manned brownings consume ammo, and when can it be expected for the nuclear strike to have consequences

for now it's not really making sense to make brownings to consume ammo, one reload for one burst (4 shots) is too painful. however i can try make a custom ammo consumption which gives like 100 burst per reload, but i'm not good at coding and may take a while.

what consequences would you like to see from nuclear strike? (it's actually a tactical nuclear strike so it should not be something like "nuclear winter")

dareddevil7

have the fallout give a type of radiation sickness if you are outside for too long, and also cause an effect light the solar flare from the EMP of the blast

shhfiftyfive

anyone think the darkness mod and modpacks need a cheaper version of the spotlight "turret" to go along with it?

harpo99999

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 28, 2015, 06:06:41 PM
anyone think the darkness mod and modpacks need a cheaper version of the spotlight "turret" to go along with it?
YES

eatKenny

Less material cost or less power consumption? Or both?
Btw Spotlight is designed for battle, in peace time normal outdoor lamps will do a good job.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: eatKenny on February 28, 2015, 06:48:39 PM
Btw Spotlight is designed for battle, in peace time normal outdoor lamps will do a good job.

i understand yours is designed for battle, thus the cost of operation and build cost are balanced for that.

i was referring to an alternate version that does the same thing that could be used on a more permanent basis just to accommodate the darkness mod, which might want to cost less. i'm not sure what that cost should be exactly.

also, i wonder even if it is possible to code in a time of day, so when the sun goes away (much like how solar panels shut down), could we get a spotlight to power on when the night comes?

eatKenny

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 28, 2015, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on February 28, 2015, 06:48:39 PM

i understand yours is designed for battle, thus the cost of operation and build cost are balanced for that.

i was referring to an alternate version that does the same thing that could be used on a more permanent basis just to accommodate the darkness mod, which might want to cost less. i'm not sure what that cost should be exactly.

also, i wonder even if it is possible to code in a time of day, so when the sun goes away (much like how solar panels shut down), could we get a spotlight to power on when the night comes?

I got your point, however I'm very busy now with new job and other things thus not likely to make it shortly. but you can go to the XML and change the cost and other things yourself for now.

dareddevil7

maybe add a manned or not turret using the bases from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2170.0 , but you'd have to ask evul for permission, but i think it would look awesome

eatKenny

further News for this mod:

in A10 updarte i'm willing to make all turrets using stuff-system. ;)

eatKenny

Jaxxa