[A13] Small Nutrient Paste Dispensers (1.5)(CCL)

Started by Kirid, October 16, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

I'm using this however, with space meals it would be good to set nutrient paste above meals - so meals are your emergency food - good for blackouts etc..

Perhaps an alternate version ?

Penny

Hi there fellow modders and mod users :)
Being that I am new to this site and all the goodies within, it is possible that this has been covered, however I am having a great deal of trouble locating a download for the most up to date version of the mini nutrient dispenser. I have scoured all the posts and only come across a link from Aporatael on 13.12.2014 however it appears to be unusable in game. When using it I encounter an issue whereby the dispenser appears red with a great big X across it and no cost value. At some point I think I read that it has actually been fixed quite recently. (?)
Not wanting to be pointed and laughed at for being a blind noob, I spent quite some time looking through everything relating to this post, and was still unsuccessful. Would anyone (even perhaps the developer) be kind enough as to point me in the right direction ?
Thanks in advance :)

Loki88

I noticed in the front and mini versions of this that <foodCostPerDispense> is set to 10 where as the vanilla dispenser is 6. Is this intentional for balancing since these dispensers are so small? The side dispenser is set to 6.

Loki88

Quote from: Penny on December 30, 2014, 05:27:16 AM
Hi there fellow modders and mod users :)
Being that I am new to this site and all the goodies within, it is possible that this has been covered, however I am having a great deal of trouble locating a download for the most up to date version of the mini nutrient dispenser. I have scoured all the posts and only come across a link from Aporatael on 13.12.2014 however it appears to be unusable in game. When using it I encounter an issue whereby the dispenser appears red with a great big X across it and no cost value. At some point I think I read that it has actually been fixed quite recently. (?)
Not wanting to be pointed and laughed at for being a blind noob, I spent quite some time looking through everything relating to this post, and was still unsuccessful. Would anyone (even perhaps the developer) be kind enough as to point me in the right direction ?
Thanks in advance :)

If closing rimworld and reloading doesn't solve the problem it could be an extraction issue with the file. Or did you have a vanilla dispenser already built and then enabled this mod on an old save?

Penny

Thanks for your reply :)
An error occurs every time I load the game with the Mod enabled;
XML error:<graphicPathSingle>Things/Building/MiniNPD</graphicPathSingle> doesn't correspond to any field in the type ThingDef.

To answer your question though, this is the only time and the only version of the mod that I have ever installed. I also turned off all other mods to rule out compatibility issues. My brother also installed the mod to see if he would be greeted with a different result, however the same thing is happening to him also. We have literally only just started using mods at all. This version of the mini dispenser is the only one that we have 'played' with. So there is no possibility of having enabled this over an old save. Perhaps I am destined not to use this mod :(

Loki88

Quote from: Penny on December 30, 2014, 09:08:57 PM
Thanks for your reply :)
An error occurs every time I load the game with the Mod enabled;
XML error:<graphicPathSingle>Things/Building/MiniNPD</graphicPathSingle> doesn't correspond to any field in the type ThingDef.

To answer your question though, this is the only time and the only version of the mod that I have ever installed. I also turned off all other mods to rule out compatibility issues. My brother also installed the mod to see if he would be greeted with a different result, however the same thing is happening to him also. We have literally only just started using mods at all. This version of the mini dispenser is the only one that we have 'played' with. So there is no possibility of having enabled this over an old save. Perhaps I am destined not to use this mod :(

Sounds like the texture file is missing go to the texture folder of this mod and make sure it's there. Rimworld / Mods / Mini NPD / Textures / Things / Buildings. MiniNPD.png should be in there. If not then I recommend re-downloading and re-installing the mod (I usually just copy paste the .rar file into the mods folder, right click it and hit "Extract Here")

Kirid

The forum download link should be working... it got removed several times, but I jsut downloaded and started rimworld with it no problems. Sorry I can't replicate the problem. Just try a fresh install like Loki suggested is the only thing I can think of.
Quote from: Loki88 on December 30, 2014, 10:23:47 AM
I noticed in the front and mini versions of this that <foodCostPerDispense> is set to 10 where as the vanilla dispenser is 6. Is this intentional for balancing since these dispensers are so small? The side dispenser is set to 6.
Something I missed while updating, but thats a pretty huge usage difference XD Thanks for catching it. Would explain why my test colonies kept starving.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Loki88

Quote from: Kirid on January 02, 2015, 08:51:24 PM
The forum download link should be working... it got removed several times, but I jsut downloaded and started rimworld with it no problems. Sorry I can't replicate the problem. Just try a fresh install like Loki suggested is the only thing I can think of.
Quote from: Loki88 on December 30, 2014, 10:23:47 AM
Something I missed while updating, but thats a pretty huge usage difference XD Thanks for catching it. Would explain why my test colonies kept starving.

I'm really ocd about my colony's food (now more than ever with it spoiling) so I noticed it after the first day of meals ( I literally sit there and watch how much the food in the hopper goes down every meal to make sure I set my hoppers up right ( meat MUST be used first since it has the lowest shelf life))

TechnologicApe

Any word on if it's compatible with the Prison-O-Mat Mod?

Kirid

Quote from: TechnologicApe on February 11, 2015, 03:58:09 PM
I'm not sure what that is. Can you provide a link? Nevermind found it >_<

They are totally compatible. In fact that mod did what I failed to, creating a paste dispenser with a new defname. I might have to alter my mod.. it would make it work better.

TechnologicApe

Quote from: Kirid on February 11, 2015, 09:34:19 PM
Quote from: TechnologicApe on February 11, 2015, 03:58:09 PM
I'm not sure what that is. Can you provide a link? Nevermind found it >_<

They are totally compatible. In fact that mod did what I failed to, creating a paste dispenser with a new defname. I might have to alter my mod.. it would make it work better.

I was wondering if this mod would change their dispenser too

Kirid

Quote from: TechnologicApe on February 27, 2015, 08:02:59 PM
I was wondering if this mod would change their dispenser too
It wouldn't, that mod has a custom dispenser. Not to mention it hasn't been updated to Alpha 9, and won't be.
Quote from the mod's creator:
Quote from: Rikiki on February 21, 2015, 07:02:08 PM
Sorry but it seems that prisonners are able to feed themselves from the standard NPD in Alpha 9. :)
So just use the standard one. I believe this mod has no reason to be updated. ;)

SkyBreach

Knowledge is Power

Kirid

Updated for Alpha 10!
Couple slight changes, like the label and description, but nothing important.
I did some testing again trying to not replace the vanilla dispenser, same outcome, if these don't overwrite it, they won't use them.
Textures need some work (later) they are having white edge issues.
Please report any issues.

jefferyharrell

Quote from: Kirid on April 15, 2015, 04:55:04 PM
Updated for Alpha 10!

Thanks for the super-quick update. I'm spoiled by this mod; the default-in-game paste dispenser seems just ridiculously huge to me now.