[SUGGESTION] Spike/Electrocution Trap

Started by Tsilliev, October 19, 2014, 12:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsilliev

Hi, how do you find the idea of having traps? Specifically a spike/electrocution trap, it should consume ~10 wats, and occupies 1 tile, when an enemy goes on the tile, he gets damaged and stuned for half a second, why stuned? Well if a metal spike stabs your legs you will know why you get stuned :D or if we are thinking about a trap that releases electric shock you will get damaged as well as stunned for a while. If it sounds too OP then just the damaging part will be fine, the damage will be like 1 point of damage, the lowest because if you put like 10 traps in a row, the damage stacks. What do you think? And the spikes will have a cooldown of ~5s or so? They should be ignored by the enemy but will take hits from thunder/grenades. If there are multiple enemies on a spike trap, only one enemy will be damaged.
So to summarize:
1. Consume 10 wats of power (have a second conduit version?)
2. When enemy is standing on the tile, the enemy will get damaged by 1 point of damage (0.5 s stunned?).
3. The trap haves ~5s of cooldown.
4. Ignored by the enemy.
5. Damaged by grenades and lightning.
6. Cost of 30 metal per trap tile?

And another idea I have in mind, I am thinking about a tile that slows down everyone that walks over it, I think this is super easy to mod so I will try to do it.

And my third idea is walls that auto repair themselves, they are mechanised walls that require power to operate. So if they get damaged they get auto-repaired in time.

Why am I getting these kind of ideas? Well I am playing the zombie invasion mod, so if you get like 60 zombies, you get the idea.   :D

edit:the mod is here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7222.0 thanks Jullia!