[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMMCAT

I'm sorry but i'm a noob in this game. Where do i have to put that recipe file to enable this mod?

Vas

I'd like a few more bionic parts.  :P  One of my colonists had a destroyed torso, no way to fix it.  And another had his nose destroyed.  No way to fix it.  A synthetic nose would be nice.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Darkfirephoenix

Can we get some kind of brain implant to "heal" colonists with brain damage? Or at least a implant that gives a bonus so they can walk around again even after taking a bullet to the brain? Imagine it as a bit of electronic which gets impalnted into the brain to take over the job of the damaged parts, same could go for the spine.

powman898

Great mod,please download used it always keep up the good work and keep updating >:D
Maybe add torso bionoics and nose bionics please so that can repair bad back scars and stuff :D

DracoGriffin

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on November 07, 2014, 08:10:32 AM
Can we get some kind of brain implant to "heal" colonists with brain damage? Or at least a implant that gives a bonus so they can walk around again even after taking a bullet to the brain? Imagine it as a bit of electronic which gets impalnted into the brain to take over the job of the damaged parts, same could go for the spine.

I was sure the AI Core resolved this issue. I'll have to keep an eye out to test this out.

Also; adding my support for a type of Torso replacement and Nose replacement (Although Ellie's SilverNose mod isn't bad)
Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Commander Beanbag

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on November 02, 2014, 11:10:04 PM
I've run into a compatibility problem between this mod and Personal Shields from the Enhanced Defense - Phoenix Edition pack, that I never had with More Bionic Parts! before they were merged. For some reason, when I use the two together i can't harvest parts. Any parts.

Any idea what's going on?

The personal shields mod replaces pawns with a different kind when they acquire shields. Likely that the recipes don't apply to these new pawns.

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: Commander Beanbag on November 07, 2014, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on November 02, 2014, 11:10:04 PM
The personal shields mod replaces pawns with a different kind when they acquire shields. Likely that the recipes don't apply to these new pawns.

You would think it would be something that simple, but it's disabling harvest procedures (even the vanilla ones like kidney and lung) on both shielded and unshielded pawns. if it was the recipe just not applying to shielded pawns it should still allow it to go through on the unshielded ones.

InfiniteRemnant

thought of two requests for improvements to this mod.

1) Ways to improve the damage-resistance of important body parts that cant currently be replaced, by 'augmenting' the existing part. basically add a procedure that consumes raw material to turn part A into part B if you use the cheap material, or part C if you use the good stuff.
- Skeletal reinforcement (skull) (metal or plastiteel)
- Skeletal reinforcement (spine) (metal or plastiteel)
- Flexible sub-dermal armor (head) (synthread or hyperweave)
- Flexible sub-dermal armor (torso) (synthread or hyperweave)
- give you two sets of claws and a rifle and congrats, you are now a bad cross between Cmdr. Shepard and Wolverine!

2) Tissue growth vat. A coms console sized workstation, made primarily out of plastisteel that consumes protein rich biomass (AKA, chunks of meat) to produce vat-grown synthetic tissue.
- Better than organic, not as good as bionics
- Doesn't piss off prostophobes since it's still living tissue and looks normal.
- Pisses off prostophiles cause they wanted the bionic version, not this weak ass fleshy crap.
- Not fast, cheap, or efficient, but very useful.

powman898

You can get brain transplants from brain mod forgot name sorry :P

Geroj

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on November 07, 2014, 09:13:31 PM
thought of two requests for improvements to this mod.

1) Ways to improve the damage-resistance of important body parts that cant currently be replaced, by 'augmenting' the existing part. basically add a procedure that consumes raw material to turn part A into part B if you use the cheap material, or part C if you use the good stuff.
- Skeletal reinforcement (skull) (metal or plastiteel)
- Skeletal reinforcement (spine) (metal or plastiteel)
- Flexible sub-dermal armor (head) (synthread or hyperweave)
- Flexible sub-dermal armor (torso) (synthread or hyperweave)
- give you two sets of claws and a rifle and congrats, you are now a bad cross between Cmdr. Shepard and Wolverine!

2) Tissue growth vat. A coms console sized workstation, made primarily out of plastisteel that consumes protein rich biomass (AKA, chunks of meat) to produce vat-grown synthetic tissue.
- Better than organic, not as good as bionics
- Doesn't piss off prostophobes since it's still living tissue and looks normal.
- Pisses off prostophiles cause they wanted the bionic version, not this weak ass fleshy crap.
- Not fast, cheap, or efficient, but very useful.

This are all good ideas I like them
I would add something like slow regeneration - nanotech or some crap

Romancandle64

Quote from: DracoGriffin on November 07, 2014, 02:18:43 PM

I was sure the AI Core resolved this issue. I'll have to keep an eye out to test this out.

Also; adding my support for a type of Torso replacement and Nose replacement (Although Ellie's SilverNose mod isn't bad)

ya but the AI core has to be bought and its rare and very expensive, i think we should get something that just improves them but never heals completely, also i don't think noses do anything in the game so why would you need to get a new one

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Romancandle64 on November 08, 2014, 03:49:19 PM
Quote from: DracoGriffin on November 07, 2014, 02:18:43 PM

ya but the AI core has to be bought and its rare and very expensive, i think we should get something that just improves them but never heals completely, also i don't think noses do anything in the game so why would you need to get a new one
The (missing) Nose gives a debuff on social actions (because it's ugly for some ppl if they have to talk with someone who has no nose. Imagine just a bloddy hole where the nose was). So that's why some want some way to replace the nose.
And I know that the AI core does that, but I want a implant that ONLY gives a minimum to conciusness so they can do stuff on their own again.

Oragepoilu

Hi guys,

I quickly report a problem I find while playing TTM + mods (it include this one).

After I'v installed a bionic shoulder i wasn't able to install a bionic arm anymore on him. I'v tried to remove the shoulder but didn't work. Can't replace by an human shoulder because they don't exist.
So now my best colonist is stuck with basic arm :(
Is there a way to change a file or something to give him back his human shoulder so i could use power arm on him ?
Edit : i noticed that there is
<thing Class="ThingWithComponents">
<def>BionicShoulder</def>
<id>BionicShoulder1558951</id>
<pos>(207, 0, 163)</pos>
<health>50</health>
</thing>

in my save file. I removed it, and after i loaded the game, my arm was gone so i could use bionic arm & power arm.

~Nice mod anyway, i'm using this for a while now. thx :)

PevinMcGee

So I have a legless colonist. I've crafted the motorized treads but I don't have the option of installing them. I've installed stuff like eyes before though. I rather not have Rennie the hauler trying to carry giant rocks on peg legs :P

Oragepoilu

Quote from: PevinMcGee on November 09, 2014, 02:04:53 PM
So I have a legless colonist. I've crafted the motorized treads but I don't have the option of installing them. I've installed stuff like eyes before though. I rather not have Rennie the hauler trying to carry giant rocks on peg legs :P

Do you have the option in the bill menu on another colonist ?
If yes, you may a problem similar to mine - you may want to look at your save file/  try to see if you can manage to go arround with other part.
If no, you may have a wrong installation. (it work fine for me)