[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat123

Quick coding question:

Why aren't the various recipes added to races_humanoid.xml? It appears there's a specific list already coded. From core thingdefs:

<recipes>
      <li>InstallPowerClaw</li>
  <li>InstallScytherKnifeProtrusion</li>
      <li>InstallBionicEye</li>
      <li>InstallBionicArm</li>
      <li>InstallBionicLeg</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticArm</li>
      <li>InstallSimpleProstheticLeg</li>
      <li>InstallPegLeg</li>
      <li>InstallDenture</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalHeart</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalLung</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalKidney</li>
      <li>InstallNaturalLiver</li>
      <li>RemoveBodyPart</li>
  <li>Euthanize</li>
    </recipes>

I'm confused, because power claw is on that list, but your mod lists it as originating from you (!)

So, basically - why isn't this list used as a master list for surgeries?

Also, -- <modifiers>
      <activities>
        <li>
          <activity>Manipulation</activity>
          <changeBy>0.3</changeBy>
        </li>
      </activities>
    </modifiers>
    <verbs>
      <li>
        <verbClass>Verb_MeleeAttack</verbClass>
        <cooldownTicks>60</cooldownTicks>
        <meleeDamageAmount>22</meleeDamageAmount>
        <meleeDamageDef>Scratch</meleeDamageDef>
      </li>
    </verbs>

Can you place other tags into the <modifiers> tags? e.g. armor / skill mods? e.g.

<statBases>
      <DamageDeflection_Blunt>0.1</DamageDeflection_Blunt>
      <DamageDeflection_Piercing>0.1</DamageDeflection_Piercing>
    </statBases>

or

<skillGains>
      <li>
        <key>Shooting</key>
        <value>3</value>
      </li>
    </skillGains>

i.e. can bodyparts have those tags? (and if not, dammit, why not! ;) ). I know you can alter the HP of organs, but I'm looking for something a little wilder - I know that the base category of <activity> governs most other skills, but I'd prefer much finer tuning than just a blanket "improve everything". e.g. A sharp-shooter's eye should give +shooting, but not anything else governed by the sight <activity>.

p.s.

Thank you for this mod, not only does it play well, but has been a core element to making my own mod, it's incredibly helpful!

Minus

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on November 16, 2014, 09:06:52 AM
With Liver listed twice rather than having an option to use a Brain.

Might this produce the cross-reference errors noted above?
I doubt it's causing that message, but it is stil la bug that needs fixing! Thankyou for finding this, I totally missed it!

Quote from: Sleeeper on November 17, 2014, 04:35:14 AM
Implanting new AI chip to damaged brain and then implanting normal brain will extract AI persona core from colonist. Kind of cheat :P Though it's probably not an issue without BrainRemoval mod.
I saw something in the code call the AI Chip an AI Core instead, but I thought that was just a description error. This is a REALLY big exploit for me to have left in! Thank you hugely for finding it and telling me!

Quote from: Cat123 on November 17, 2014, 12:26:30 PM
Quick coding question:

Why aren't the various recipes added to races_humanoid.xml? It appears there's a specific list already coded. From core thingdefs:
It's because doing that causes incompatibility with other mods. New Recipe Nurse is a mod that adds recipes for medical operations without causing problems.

Quote from: Cat123
I'm confused, because power claw is on that list, but your mod lists it as originating from you (!)

So, basically - why isn't this list used as a master list for surgeries?
Wha? My mod adds the Power Arm, not the Power Claw.

Also, -- <modifiers>
      <activities>
        <li>
          <activity>Manipulation</activity>
          <changeBy>0.3</changeBy>
        </li>
      </activities>
    </modifiers>
    <verbs>
      <li>
        <verbClass>Verb_MeleeAttack</verbClass>
        <cooldownTicks>60</cooldownTicks>
        <meleeDamageAmount>22</meleeDamageAmount>
        <meleeDamageDef>Scratch</meleeDamageDef>
      </li>
    </verbs>

Can you place other tags into the <modifiers> tags? e.g. armor / skill mods? e.g.

<statBases>
      <DamageDeflection_Blunt>0.1</DamageDeflection_Blunt>
      <DamageDeflection_Piercing>0.1</DamageDeflection_Piercing>
    </statBases>

or

<skillGains>
      <li>
        <key>Shooting</key>
        <value>3</value>
      </li>
    </skillGains>

i.e. can bodyparts have those tags? (and if not, dammit, why not! ;) ). I know you can alter the HP of organs, but I'm looking for something a little wilder - I know that the base category of <activity> governs most other skills, but I'd prefer much finer tuning than just a blanket "improve everything". e.g. A sharp-shooter's eye should give +shooting, but not anything else governed by the sight <activity>.
I honestly don't know. I'm not as code savvy as you probably think I am. I've et to relly experiment yet. How do you change the HP of organs though? my bionic ones always use the same HP as the regular organs.

Thank you for this mod, not only does it play well, but has been a core element to making my own mod, it's incredibly helpful!
I am very happy it was able to help you. Infact the same is true for me! Messing about with this mod is what taught me how to make mods in the first place. I am pretty proud to now be responsible for improving this mod for which I owe all my knowledge. Hopefully the trend will continue and you and your mod will surpass me and mine. (Assuming it's got a similar theme.)

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Rask

Does this mod add bionic shoulders?
If it does, it forgot to add regular (meaty) shoulders.
Bionic shoulders replace arms, etc, but can't be uninstalled effectively (only shoulder part is bionic shoulder).
Arms can't be installed to replace the removed shoulders.

Vas

Would it be possible to make it so pawns don't die when you remove things like the stomach or liver or both kidneys?  Like, giving them a time limit before they die.

Technically, you can live without a stomach.  You just have to eat carefully and stuff.
I'm getting conflicting info on Livers, saying you can live without one for a few days at most, and you need dialysis several times a week.
I know you can get dialysis for kidneys too, so that one would be about a day, maybe two at most?  Not sure on that one.

I keep googling for answers but people keep being stupid and get all technical like "Oh, you probably don't mean that, you probably mean liver failure, not 'without a liver'.".

What would be another funny body part to be able  to harvest, is the testicles!  Make a man incapable of violent and scary things! :P  Install the woman parts into a man to change his gender with an added effect of hormones -10 always.  :P  So they are more prone to mental break.  I was just thinking out loud.  xP  I doubt the game would add those body parts, so someone would have to do it in a mod.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Wex

The liver stores glucose in it. It's your energy reserve for when you are not eating.
Without it your glucose % would drop, and what is the major glucose consumer in the body?
The brain.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Ouan

I came to download 1.5B and your links on the first post transfer me to invalid links within the Ludeon server. Is this a error? Or am I bumbling around in the dark and clicking on the .rar links for no reason and the real links are elsewhere? It makes me sad.
Damn Pirates!

Vas

Yes, so you would die rather fast.  :P  And it's excess glucose, not 100% of it goes there.  You still wouldn't die immediately on the table either.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

TOMMCAT

Yeah the download links are not working. Hope he will fix them soon.

harpo99999

Quote from: TOMMCAT on November 22, 2014, 02:31:06 AM
Yeah the download links are not working. Hope he will fix them soon.
I have just tried TWICE to upload copies of the mod that I had downloaded, but KEEP getting an error 'can not access the attachments file path', both files I tried to attach ARE in my local HDDS and should have been able to upload. it looks like the forum server/attachments server is having issues that ONLY tynan can fix

Wex

Quote from: Vas on November 22, 2014, 02:07:19 AM
Yes, so you would die rather fast.  :P  And it's excess glucose, not 100% of it goes there.  You still wouldn't die immediately on the table either.
You won't die immediately; you'll be comatose (almost) immediately. You'll never wake up from anesthesia. And lastly, you will die there.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Ded1

yeah so for some things like stomache or liver it would be ok to give a short time to get some emergency medical treatment to keep them alive.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Wex

As long as your liver isn't shoot off.
A good deal of blood passes there from both veins and arteries.
A shoot off liver would be a quick ticket out by rapid hemorraging, if the shock didn't make your brain shut down.
    Harlan Ellison

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Wex on November 22, 2014, 07:09:58 AM
As long as your liver isn't shoot off.
A good deal of blood passes there from both veins and arteries.
A shoot off liver would be a quick ticket out by rapid hemorraging, if the shock didn't make your brain shut down.
Yep, bloodloss and/or shock will kill you... As a side info: You can cut the liver down to 25% and it will still regrow completely after some time, a feat that most internal organs have if they aren't under too much use (even the heart can regenerate quite some damage, given there is an alternative "bloodpump" be it artificial or another heart to take the main part of the job till the heart has healed)

Vas

I just think it'd be nice if you could put someone in a sort of life support, one single dose of anestetic (So, one med pack only) and click a harvest all button, that gives you all their body parts :P  I hate having to choose which one I want before they die.