[A11] Extended Surgery and Bionics V1.9

Started by Minus, October 21, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawixx

How can I craft the Power Claw? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere in my previous play through, but I can't find one now.

InfiniteRemnant

i thought the power arm was the craftable one, and the claw was a component you need to find/buy first.

sanya02

Why can not you solve a problem that I described !! ???

Ouan

Quote from: Xubrim on January 02, 2015, 06:08:49 AM
Quote from: john pretzel on January 01, 2015, 08:40:29 PM
The gold quantity is wrong in description. Is a lot more.

Changing gold to required in the recipe (\SurgeryExtendedAndBionics\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_ProstheticWorkbench.xml) will fix it. I'm sort of lost on how alpha 8 changing the stack size made the count go wonky, but if you put "1" in the count line instead of "25", it will require 20 gold instead. Close enough for me. All the mods I've noticed which require gold seemed to have this problem.

This is a problem with many other modders products that were updated from Alpha 7 to 8. JullieEllie's mind control chips for her Apothecarious Mod cost 500 over the original amount which as you said came to a 20 time multiplier. I told that to her, but I do not know if there is any work around, as the description of the metals still says 1 or so on when it is 20 times that amount in reality. I think this may be a problem with metal as a whole since it is a nonstandard weight (which allows it to be stacked to 500).
     I think a solution is to make all items stack to the same or to see what the error is in the game coding that make materials multiply by 20 for precious metals (gold and silver) only. I assume that it is a hard coded issue, unless I did not see the line that multiple modders missed in their updates we may have to wait until Alpha 9 for a solution. We could all just not know something that is needed to make it work as those metals can not be written as a standard material for cost. ( 500%20 = 25 which is 1/3 of a standard stack, so there are holes even in my theory).
Damn Pirates!

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Ouan on January 07, 2015, 01:18:02 AM
Quote from: Xubrim on January 02, 2015, 06:08:49 AM
Quote from: john pretzel on January 01, 2015, 08:40:29 PM
The gold quantity is wrong in description. Is a lot more.

Changing gold to required in the recipe (\SurgeryExtendedAndBionics\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_ProstheticWorkbench.xml) will fix it. I'm sort of lost on how alpha 8 changing the stack size made the count go wonky, but if you put "1" in the count line instead of "25", it will require 20 gold instead. Close enough for me. All the mods I've noticed which require gold seemed to have this problem.

This is a problem with many other modders products that were updated from Alpha 7 to 8. JullieEllie's mind control chips for her Apothecarious Mod cost 500 over the original amount which as you said came to a 20 time multiplier. I told that to her, but I do not know if there is any work around, as the description of the metals still says 1 or so on when it is 20 times that amount in reality. I think this may be a problem with metal as a whole since it is a nonstandard weight (which allows it to be stacked to 500).
     I think a solution is to make all items stack to the same or to see what the error is in the game coding that make materials multiply by 20 for precious metals (gold and silver) only. I assume that it is a hard coded issue, unless I did not see the line that multiple modders missed in their updates we may have to wait until Alpha 9 for a solution. We could all just not know something that is needed to make it work as those metals can not be written as a standard material for cost. ( 500%20 = 25 which is 1/3 of a standard stack, so there are holes even in my theory).

The description states that gold is a special situation and has different amounts than mentioned. This is because whatever gold amount you put into a recipe is multiplied by 20. This applies to all recipes, not just this mod. Try making a sculpture our of wood and then make one out of gold.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

sanya02

Why ignore me !!! ?? Why not correct the issue in his fashion ????

Asero

Grizzlyadamz

Huh I'm getting the same errors as Sanya there.

.8.657 rev 38335 here, it persists when everything else is disabled.

Tried searching through the XMLs for 'prop', but no dice.

Seems some things want to spawn 'lifesupport' on removal, but 'lifesupport' isn't defined in the same xml.
Is that right?
Well, changing it to lifesupportstomach got it on the error board.
Only two files with 'lifesupport' in them- the stomach file & some kinda recipe sheet.
SEaB_LifeSupport & ESaBLifeSupportMedicalRecipes

Anyone that's more familiar with the mod know what the heck these are supposed to be doing?

Well, deleting them got rid of the error messages at least. Will start up a new game to inspect the damage soon.

sanya02

Quote from: Grizzlyadamz on January 08, 2015, 11:35:13 AM
Huh I'm getting the same errors as Sanya there.

.8.657 rev 38335 here, it persists when everything else is disabled.

Tried searching through the XMLs for 'prop', but no dice.

Seems some things want to spawn 'lifesupport' on removal, but 'lifesupport' isn't defined in the same xml.
Is that right?
Well, changing it to lifesupportstomach got it on the error board.
Only two files with 'lifesupport' in them- the stomach file & some kinda recipe sheet.
SEaB_LifeSupport & ESaBLifeSupportMedicalRecipes

Anyone that's more familiar with the mod know what the heck these are supposed to be doing?

Well, deleting them got rid of the error messages at least. Will start up a new game to inspect the damage soon.
Hi! Help fix it! What should I do?

Grizzlyadamz

I don't know, I'm just a normal player.

I stopped some error messages by deleting SEaB_LifeSupport.xml & ESaBLifeSupportMedicalRecipes.xml.
However, deleting them could make more problems. (I'm not good at this)
And it doesn't fix the 'organ spawned at coordinates' error either.

So not much help  :-\

sanya02

Strange! I do not have these files! where they lie? Why the owner does not correct the error !! ??

Grizzlyadamz

Minus

Quote from: sanya02 on January 08, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Strange! I do not have these files! where they lie? Why the owner does not correct the error !! ??
Honestly, I don't know what the heck is up with the spawn errors. Alpha 8 is kind of a mess of rewording code without really improving the code. I'm back to knowing as little about modding as any of you guys do now. This whole mod is garbage now!
*Breaks down and sobs*

Maybe that's a bit much. But it's hard to continue on with this mod when the surgery list has yet to be updated. It's still too small to even list the current surgeries let alone the others I want to add. There are only fixes to do... And Turtle Medic has taken care of those.
So uh, I'm gonna update the first page with Turtle Medic's version. I don't know when I'll update this mod myself. Nothing in Alpha 8 really gave me anything more to work with.

I'll try to keep a little more active here though. I'm sorry everyone.

EDIT: So 2866 people downloaded my mod and played with a broken version. That's the minimum amount of people I've dissapointed. I'm a pretty bad person.

Oh also the Turtle version is now in the first post. It's the same as the one he posted, but his did not have the fixed description for Organ Vats brain mincing option. I also tweaked the nose making cost to be in line with the ears and eyes.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

sanya02

Quote from: Minus on January 09, 2015, 10:29:00 AM
Quote from: sanya02 on January 08, 2015, 05:28:23 PM
Honestly, I don't know what the heck is up with the spawn errors. Alpha 8 is kind of a mess of rewording code without really improving the code. I'm back to knowing as little about modding as any of you guys do now. This whole mod is garbage now!
*Breaks down and sobs*

Maybe that's a bit much. But it's hard to continue on with this mod when the surgery list has yet to be updated. It's still too small to even list the current surgeries let alone the others I want to add. There are only fixes to do... And Turtle Medic has taken care of those.
So uh, I'm gonna update the first page with Turtle Medic's version. I don't know when I'll update this mod myself. Nothing in Alpha 8 really gave me anything more to work with.

I'll try to keep a little more active here though. I'm sorry everyone.

EDIT: So 2866 people downloaded my mod and played with a broken version. That's the minimum amount of people I've dissapointed. I'm a pretty bad person.

Oh also the Turtle version is now in the first post. It's the same as the one he posted, but his did not have the fixed description for Organ Vats brain mincing option. I also tweaked the nose making cost to be in line with the ears and eyes.
You're a good man! Your fashion super! Just need to finish it and fix bugs. Thank you and other people who make such a fashion.

john pretzel

Perfection would be making this compatible with norbals, rimtroopers and jaffas, in

natural arms, legs,
and the artificial organs. These are great.