Kickstarter rewards ideas

Started by Tynan, September 26, 2013, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

The Kickstarter is upcoming. Do you guys have any ideas for interesting rewards that you think would do well amongst backers? I've got the basics covered, but the more exotic stuff is tough to decide on. What kind of thing would interest you?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Yarkista

Quote from: Tynan on September 26, 2013, 12:01:06 PM
The Kickstarter is upcoming. Do you guys have any ideas for interesting rewards that you think would do well amongst backers? I've got the basics covered, but the more exotic stuff is tough to decide on. What kind of thing would interest you?

Names in the game, weapons designed or described by a backer placed into the game, thank you cards, and for the big money backers perhaps they could have a beer with you or something, idk but there's my two cents.

Tynan

Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 12:06:35 PM

Names in the game, weapons designed or described by a backer placed into the game, thank you cards, and for the big money backers perhaps they could have a beer with you or something, idk but there's my two cents.

Names in the game are definitely in - weapons is an interesting idea too. Thanks.

Yarkista

Perhaps a good idea could be to scour kickstarter, look at backing bonuses for various games and you could find a few that could be applied to Rimworld.

*Edit* Oh and no problem.*

Hypolite

Naming things in the game is a good thing. Places, weapons, characters, trade vessels, there's a lot of available customization. It could either be the use of the real name, of the making of a name over which you keep a say.

Extra content is also fun, as long as it does not create an imbalance in the game, but I don't think it would be a problem there. A new animal species (birds ?), a new weapon, even a new building/furniture, the game would benefit from extra content.

I would recommend avoiding physical rewards as much as possible, they generate extra overhead early in the game lifecycle, I feel like a small team shouldn't venture into those waters too early.

Tynan

Quote from: Hypolite on September 26, 2013, 12:43:30 PM
I would recommend avoiding physical rewards as much as possible, they generate extra overhead early in the game lifecycle, I feel like a small team shouldn't venture into those waters too early.

Definitely agree; there will be no physical rewards.

Yarkista

I've just posted this thread on the subreddit, hopefully more people will see it.

enystrom8734

Ive always thought the unique exckusive but not game changing things were neat. Dont know what would work for this game though.

E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Zorbane

Building off the "names" what about designing characters like PA?  You could give them a name + backstory except in Rimworld it would actual affect the character

Tynan

Quote from: Zorbane on September 26, 2013, 01:42:28 PM
Building off the "names" what about designing characters like PA?  You could give them a name + backstory except in Rimworld it would actual affect the character

Good call, I was thinking something like that too.

Yarkista

Ugh christ, I hated how most of the bios in PA had shit grammar and spelling, relay ticked me off.

enystrom8734

Maybe assign a volunteer to go through and massage the bad ones haha
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Zorbane

Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 01:46:58 PM
Ugh christ, I hated how most of the bios in PA had shit grammar and spelling, relay ticked me off.

Yeah I agree...the lack of quality control kinda sucked.  Do characters in RimWorld have a biography?  If not then this wouldn't be a problem.  They'd just get a name and a backstory based off of this: http://rimworld.wikia.com/wiki/Characters

thekillergreece

Maybe...Alpha Version stages?

thekillergreece

Quote from: Yarkista on September 26, 2013, 01:46:58 PM
Dont forget its in Alpha...Beta will fix most things. This grammatical errors could happen to RimWorld when it enters Alpha..