A Day in the Life of my Super Colony

Started by woolfoma, October 29, 2014, 05:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

Here you will observe a typical day in the life of my (Arguably over powered) Super Colony. Its story teller is randy random at %100.

Wake up in the morning to the sound of raiders fighting each other:

"Get the popcorn, this one's gona be good!"

Start cheering as one side gives up and runs:

"Good fight chaps!"

Double checking that the death box is ready:

"Ready for meat grinding, sir"

Here they come...

"Load n' load"

Tick Tick...

"..."

BOOM!

"WOOO!"

Already? we were just getting started :( :

"Booooo..." says Nerd^3 from the back of the room

This is what the actual colony looks like (notice the giant piles of money and resources that are twice the size of all the buildings combined)

also note that my colonists are fully equipped with power armor and helmets (miniguns for all as well) so they are capable of handeling things if the wall falls

if your wondering why I have dev mode open it's because i'm having this (see below) bug that makes any fires larger than 10 blocks lag my game to a standstill if it renders (visible on my screen).

its an older picture of my colony but the bug persists. Anyway I use dev mode to make it rain when a large fire starts (unless its in my colony, I don't want to cheat with it, I just want to stop my game from taking a dump on itself)

so in the end I lost three turrets and made enough cash to fund everything my colonists will need for months. but more raiders will be back in a week, hence why I am gathering so much wealth. the charts say my colony is worth 350k silver, 80k in buildings and 270k in items (I need to balance out the two but there are barley any end game items that are worth it (that I lack).
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Matthiasagreen

just build your whole colony out of silver!
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

woolfoma

Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

MaxWR

Awesome! But don't you think your colonists deserve bigger bedrooms after their fourth year on a hostile planet?  ;D

woolfoma

Quote from: MaxWR on October 31, 2014, 08:06:05 AM
Awesome! But don't you think your colonists deserve bigger bedrooms after their fourth year on a hostile planet?  ;D
maybe, but the way I see it is: at least you're alive maggots :P

Iwillbenicetou

If you want to be nice, 5 by 5 usually works. If you are so bored, build up the spaceship, and if you are still bored, mods...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!