What next new feature should rimworld have?

Started by Quasarrgames, November 03, 2014, 09:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Coenmcj on November 05, 2014, 12:04:14 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 04, 2014, 08:08:24 AM
Quote from: Tynan on November 04, 2014, 01:09:04 AM
I think there should be a temperature system! With seasons! And walk-in refrigerators full of human meat!

I'm faaairly sure *this* is how Ty got the inspiration for the temperatures =P

http://i.imgur.com/55QB6OE.png
Shinzy, you have too much time on your hands... xD

Noo only 24 hours a day! and most of it goes to sleeping and studying
These things only happen when I'm too tired to do anything significant with the free time I have =P (Like playing! ::) I may need to reevaluate some thiiings)

And togt! the drawing is only twisted because I was channeling Ty
he's clearly.. well.. have you seen some of his posts around here? *scared*

Ramsis

Really hoping A9 will bring in the religion/political system Tynan kinda grazed over at one point.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

Quote from: Ramsis on November 05, 2014, 07:12:07 AM
Really hoping A9 will bring in the religion/political system Tynan kinda grazed over at one point.

If this is any good pointer I think he may be going towards that direction soon

Ramsis

Quote from: Shinzy on November 05, 2014, 07:22:35 AM
Quote from: Ramsis on November 05, 2014, 07:12:07 AM

If this is any good pointer I think he may be going towards that direction soon

Tynan is already showing some interest it appears for the Relationship Mod currently being worked on so fingers crossed the mod maker doesn't screw it up or anything.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Redclaw

I would like

-The Northern Biomes
-Temperature
-Clothing for the Temperature

Then I can finally hide in the frozen north from raiders.   :D
The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

H_D

Quote from: Redclaw on November 10, 2014, 12:52:50 PM
I would like

-The Northern Biomes
-Temperature

I's actually mostly done already, if you look at the changelog.

I'd like to see some entirely new mechanics added (like politics or some new building types). Of course when current things will be done.

Shinzy

Quote from: H_D on November 10, 2014, 01:38:01 PM
Quote from: Redclaw on November 10, 2014, 12:52:50 PM
I would like

-The Northern Biomes
-Temperature

I's actually mostly done already, if you look at the changelog.

I'd like to see some entirely new mechanics added (like politics or some new building types). Of course when current things will be done.

Excluding the 'being safe from the raiders' bit it's been done =P

Endoric

Specify global hauling by item.  Sometimes i just want every colonist to haul every dead human or gather every weapon ect. 

Also A way to set all colonists to the same task priority with one click at the top of each category, and maybe a way to save a game by game default in priorities for my group

H_D

Quote from: Shinzy on November 10, 2014, 01:39:53 PM

I wonder if we can heat or cool room so much that we could cook someone alive or freeze to death in short time. That would be my favourite feature ever.

Shinzy

Quote from: H_D on November 10, 2014, 02:55:24 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 10, 2014, 01:39:53 PM

I wonder if we can heat or cool room so much that we could cook someone alive or freeze to death in short time. That would be my favourite feature ever.

Or have them walk through heated room then freezer, then heater again -> reapeat until their organs give up cause of the rapid temp changes =P perfect!

Darth Fool

More mod support for custom AI.

Ownership option for everything. 

Including a "Shared" ownership so bunks(and everything, else see above) could be hot swapped, with suitable happiness penalty for using shared possession.

Raiders that report back knowledge.  in other words, if any raider makes it safely away, the location of all raider deaths up to that point get put into a "no-go" for pathing.  If this happens enough, you would be left with useless kill boxes while raiders decide to either siege you or ....

Raiders that will mine/grenade through walls/stone to find alternate paths into your compound.  Note that this would also allow raiders to arrive on the mountain side, thus not being seen until they have dug their way from the side into your bunker (unless, of course, you stayed outside)

+1 for being able to prioritize getting all of a single item type.

Better pathing.

keylocke

Quote from: skullywag on November 04, 2014, 03:20:47 AM
Would LOVE the ability to assign a work area and plan timings, so i could assign people to grow and craft in certain areas, also everyone going bed at the same time erks me, i want to stagger my shifts.

^this.

when gnomoria added work shifts for some workshops and guard patrol squad routes, it totally changed the game for me so i no longer have to micromanage them so much just to optimize work loads.

as for rimworld, i hope tynan can do something better, like giving each colonist their own personal schedules.

ie:

- at 12am - 4am : colonist A prioritize hunting (if nothing to hunt move to next priority)
- at 4am - 8am : colonist A prioritize farming (if nothing to farm move to next priority)
- at 8am - 4pm : colonist A prioritize cooking (if nothing to cook move to next priority)
- at 4pm - 12am : colonist A's free time (recreation, sleep, training, guard, patrol, etc)

this is just a sample schedule. but it would be nice if we can set a task priority for each colonist on an hourly basis. (maybe tynan can modify the overview so that clicking on a colonist on the list will open their scheduler)