[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dregod

Amazing mod, Created 3 droids, 2 Logistic and 1 crafting droid with surplus ingredients to create more droids at will. Created a functioning 'colony' of droids that need no interaction with humans. Realised that droids are more effective at labour, overthrew the humans and made them the droids slaves. Couldn't research, waited 3 hours IRL for a slave trader to get more as had no humans to warden prisoners. Finally got prisoners and overthrew the droids. 10/10 would overthrow again.

mipen

Quote from: Slan on March 05, 2015, 06:07:00 PM
Bug : Name are reset on reload. (Think i've seen it mentioned before)
Bug : We need a bed for each robot or the game spam us with "missing beds".
Unbalanced : Skill 14 for a Rank/Tier I robot is lot too much i think. Can you think about a tier system ? (T1_Skill2, T2_Skill5, T3_Skill8, T4_Skill11 & T5_Skill14 fo example) Also i think they are too speedy ;)

Anyway i love your robots ! Thanks a lot for your mod.
Bug 1: I've fixed this, it'll come out in the next update
Bug 2: This is something caused by the base game. Basically, if the droids are set to not need sleep in the def, the game completely bugs out. I've been looking for ways to override this but haven't found anything. I used to set the droid charger to act as a bed, which would remove the message. However, since it never got an owner, the message would never appear when normal colonists were without beds, which led to them collapsing on me :( I'm still holding out for Tynan to allow pawns that are part of the colony to not require sleep.
Unbalanced: I'm working on a settings file which will allow anyone to easily customise any part of the mod, which will let anyone balance it to what suits them :) I had originally intended to have different droid tiers, which is why the combat droid is still called basic combat droid, but I never got around to it and was too busy doing other things in the mod I wanted to include.

Quote from: Dregod on March 05, 2015, 06:10:29 PM
Amazing mod, Created 3 droids, 2 Logistic and 1 crafting droid with surplus ingredients to create more droids at will. Created a functioning 'colony' of droids that need no interaction with humans. Realised that droids are more effective at labour, overthrew the humans and made them the droids slaves. Couldn't research, waited 3 hours IRL for a slave trader to get more as had no humans to warden prisoners. Finally got prisoners and overthrew the droids. 10/10 would overthrow again.
xD A tale of death and misery to lighten up my morning :P

Didact04

Bug when you attempt to equip a droid with a shield. Only tried on combat bots but the result was a long string of the game whining about how it couldn't do it until I destroyed the droid, as it wouldn't allow me to view gear and take the shield off.

Famous Shoes

Quote from: Didact04 on March 05, 2015, 07:01:18 PM
Bug when you attempt to equip a droid with a shield. [...]

This is the stacktrace from that (in this case a logistics droid):

Exception doing inspect pane: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at MechanicalDefence2.Droids.Droid+<GetGizmos>d__1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[Verse.Selectable,Verse.Gizmo].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (IEnumerable`1 gizmos, Single startX, Int32 minCountToDisplay, Verse.Gizmo& mouseoverGizmo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.InspectCommandGrid.DrawInspectCommandGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.Interface.InspectPane.InspectPaneOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

I'll not have a chance to try this without EdB Interface for a while yet. @Didact04 where you using EdB Interface too (smells unlikely it's the root cause, but worth checking?)

Only other issue I've noticed with MD2U4 and A9e is that droid nicknames don't stick, i.e., they revert to the default after a while.

CodyRex123

How do you make circuitry? :l don't know if thats spelled right, but what research do i need and table? Or is it even possible?
Dragons!

skullywag

The error dump above is probably related to the new pawn type not having ita base gizmo method set or somethimg like that he just hasnt handled the error because it wouldnt happen in the vanilla game.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Didact04

Quote from: Famous Shoes on March 05, 2015, 07:36:23 PM
I'll not have a chance to try this without EdB Interface for a while yet. @Didact04 where you using EdB Interface too (smells unlikely it's the root cause, but worth checking?)

I was indeed.

Slan

Here my suggestion for a better balanced "robot" part. Anyway this is just my "thinks", not something i ask or need, just some thoughts...

Robots T1 : Same as already but have "nobrain, noIA", they also have 3 in skills and can't learn. Speed is 66% actual speed. 3 mode are cycling :
Mode 1 (Waiting Cycle) :The robot stand and wait for an order (See below Console) If it receive an order it go to mode 2, otherwise it go in mode 3.
Mode 2 (Task Cycle): After receiving an order (See below) the robot wait a few second and start to do a task. After completing it go back in mode 1.
Mode 3 (Sleeping Cycle): The robot slowly (50% his usual speed) come back to Charging pod, and will recharge. When complete it is going in Waiting Cycle on the charging pad - Thus, if no order, Waiting/Sleeping mode alternate and the robot stand on the charging pad. So, it is better to have at least a charging pad for each robot.

Workshop (Robot Central Console) : This is a social skill workshop. Task lenght is 10s and is repetitive. When someone is working at the console, Robot receive orders. T1 console can send order up to 3 robots at the same time. T2 is 4 and T3 has a max of 5 robots working in the same time.  When a robot ask for an order, you first check the "Max Robot Capacity" (Counting active console and their tier, Console with noone working does not give +Max robot capacity) and the number of active robot (Mode 2) and if the number of active robot is under the capacity, a new order is receive for this robot. Otherwise, If MaxCacity is equal or over the number of active robot, the robot goes in Mode 3 and come back to a charging pod. Social Skill determine the time a robot "wait" before starting to work after receiving an order : 600-30*Skill ticks. (10s with a skill of 0)

Wifi : Puting Wifi is neccessary for the good working of our little robots. No task can be given outside the wifi coverage. Wifi antena also extend the orbital balise coverage too. T1 Console must be put in the wifi coverage. T2 a T3 consoles have an integrated wifi antena. Robots can walk outside the wifi coverage but can't go in "Waiting order" mode in this zone, if for some reason they stop and ask order, they instead go in emergency mode (3) and come back to charging pad. Don't forget to cover charging pads with wifi.

T2 Robots need a "basic positonic brain" to be craft (you can craft 4 bpb from an AI Persona Core - Not reversible) have 100% usual robot speed and have skill 10. Otherwise they are exactly same as T1) - T1 & T2 Robot have a toggle button to auto-upgrade themself (set to off by default), T1 Robot just have to take a Bpb on the floor to self upgrade to T2. T2 robot can auto-upgrade by taking an AI peronal core. When a T1 upgrade to T2 the upgrade button is set again to "off" to avoid robot rushing the AI core. Don't forget to let the bpb or AIpc under the wifi coverage.

T3 Robots are same as actual robots. No need of wify, no need of Robot Console or someone giving them order. Skill 14 and can learn. But they need an AI Persona Core for each robot.

Because of the third laws of AI : Robot T3 can not fight and will never fight back when attack even by ennemy. And rescuing people is ALWAYS the top priority even for ennemy, even under the fire of a battle. T3 Robot can NOT be set to "off".There is no Military T3 robots at all. They will not explode when no energy, they instead walk at 20% speed to the nearest free charging pod. If none available they wait 10 second before looking again for a charging pod.

Special Event : A T3 Robot get rid of one of this "can't do XXX" traits. (Unusual)
Special Event : A T3 Robot gain a trait. (Rare)

detsuo04

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2015, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: CodyRex123 on March 05, 2015, 09:37:30 PM
How do you make circuitry? :l don't know if thats spelled right, but what research do i need and table? Or is it even possible?
Since i got the same problem when i used the mod the 1. time.
Read at the starting page the topic : "How to build droids:"

Suggestion, you should be able to start the Droid research when you allready researched the Machining.

I also can't build circuits.  i have all the research, crafting benches, and resources.  When I add the bill to the work bench, no one ever goes and dose the job despite having the labor active and being idle at the time.

TimTumm

[Request]
Is it possible to get a version of crematorious that strips bodies, but instead of cremating them, skins them?  I don't care about the meat, but that precious human skin...

detsuo04

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2015, 11:06:53 AM
Did you made :
1. pile of Sand, Stonecutter
2. Sillicon,  Electric smellter
3. Circuity, Machining
In that order ?

yes i have sand silicon and a machining table as well as a crafter with 11 skill and nothing to do.  i also have the mined components (silver i think) and the bill is active to create circuits.

EDIT:
I discovered the problem.  the crafting table says a batch of circuitry requires 5 silver when it actually requires 100 silver.

123nick

can you make a version without the need for RMLauncher ? when i used it, it completely erased my mod load order data, and now i have to re-order my mods using EDB mod load order all over again. cant you just use some .bat file or a inbuilt installer for configuring instead?

Undecided

Quick question, has anyone tried using both this mod and Glittertech together?

I ask because both use silicon as a resource, which makes me curious whether or not not the two mods' silicon can be used by each others workshops. Does the identify resources just by the <defName> alone, or does it take into consideration mod directories in determining whether a resource is the same or unique?

Vascar

Quote from: Undecided on March 06, 2015, 04:02:06 PM
Quick question, has anyone tried using both this mod and Glittertech together?

I ask because both use silicon as a resource, which makes me curious whether or not not the two mods' silicon can be used by each others workshops. Does the identify resources just by the <defName> alone, or does it take into consideration mod directories in determining whether a resource is the same or unique?
Sorry, but nope.
The game considers them two completely different items.

mipen

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2015, 05:32:47 PM
Anyway to get the A2B: conveyor belts & co.  work's for the Ore extractor's ?
Would be nice to have an auto. coal feeder with these belt's.

I tryed first to build the feeder on the output field of the ore extractor, but i can't build there.
Same with the belt - loader, can't build it on the output field.
Placing a belt feeder directly adjacent to the ore extractor should result in the extractor outputting to that instead