[A12C] Mechanical Defence 2 (Update 23 - quick fix)

Started by mipen, November 10, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Quote from: Searlefm on May 05, 2015, 07:16:24 PM
Quote from: FireRat on May 05, 2015, 04:52:05 AM
I can not build the Control Console. The resources required to build it show up but no texture and I can't place it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9ol3r1ih0t8hfi/problem.png?dl=0

yer im having the same problem for some reason.
Is it a fresh install of the mod? Do you have any mods which change construction or anything like that? I've tested it on my computer and it seems to work fine for me
Quote from: iamthebest22 on May 06, 2015, 12:53:42 AM
yeah my timetable is bugged too, can't show more than 12 people/droids
Sounds like I forgot something when updating to the new alpha, I'll take a look at it tomorrow, thanks for letting me know!
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 05, 2015, 10:15:44 PM
Mipen, I think I broke one of your mods... ^^

I was trying to make DSUs work with Superior Crafting, so I replaced the materials requirement -it worked. Then I noticed I can't stack foods (actually, why?) and so I proceeded to replace the categories to
<li>Resources</li>. It did NOT work. Broke my save (happens to me way too often), but upon creating a new colony I noticed I can no longer build DSUs. At all.

So I've replaced the modified def with the original, it worked again, made the same changes and this time it still worked (with a new colony), however now I can build them any time without having to research... o_o
No, I didn't even look at the recipedef thingy, and I don't even know how to open a .dll, I only changed these two values in DSU.xml.

I'm using a bunch of other mods also, including the...mod order mod (whatever its name is); any suggestions in which order I should place these two mods? SC and your core+submods?

I started to fear tampering with it any more than that...

Thanks! :)
Hey there, unfortunately I haven't looked at superior crafting much so I don't know what it changes or how I could make it compatible. I might have to take a look at it if enough people are hoping for a compatibility patch. There is a modpack out there that has got md2 and Sc working together, that might be a good place to look for ideas, but other than that I don't know if I can help you much D: if you are looking to get the dsu back to working normally, you need to delete the MD2Storage folder and redownload it

mipen

Quote from: hank4 on May 05, 2015, 04:54:19 AM
where did the power switch with droids?
I disabled it in the update, the way I had implemented it didn't work at all well and caused problems so I need to rework it
Quote from: Nimrod on May 05, 2015, 10:21:13 AM
Hey there!

Love your droids!

Say, I noticed droids get better at their job. Is it possible to disable that? (I would like to see them as servants, not the master race :D )
Also, I cant figure out where you set their exact skillpoints in your config files...
I would appreciate the help if you find some time, thanks!

Cheers!
They start off with a level of 15 and a burning passion, I figured if you're programming a robot to do your work for you, you may as well program it to be exceptional and love it :P I can't actually remember if I included that in the config files out not haha, I'll take a look and add it in if I haven't

Quote from: Dregod on May 04, 2015, 07:48:59 AM
These are definatly the droids im looking for, Thanks mipen! You're a gentlemen and a scholar
You're welcome, and thanks! :D

Cappy

Whenever I try to make the mechanical droid table it uses the 200 steel and dissapears

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: mipen on May 06, 2015, 07:25:15 AM
Hey there, unfortunately I haven't looked at superior crafting much so I don't know what it changes or how I could make it compatible. I might have to take a look at it if enough people are hoping for a compatibility patch. There is a modpack out there that has got md2 and Sc working together, that might be a good place to look for ideas, but other than that I don't know if I can help you much D: if you are looking to get the dsu back to working normally, you need to delete the MD2Storage folder and redownload it

They are compatible, at least the parts I play with (DSU, robots and fortification), for the sake of gameplay I only had to change the materials needed for the assets these offer.
DSU was working without problems as well, that is, until I started to play with its .xml. Again, broke my saves and no longer needs research, but it still works! ^^

mipen

Quote from: Cappy on May 06, 2015, 04:52:21 PM
Whenever I try to make the mechanical droid table it uses the 200 steel and dissapears
I just tested it and it works fine for me. Do you have any mods which could be interfering with this? Maybe try restarting your game as well. As far as I can tell it isn't a problem with MD2 in particular

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on May 06, 2015, 07:33:07 AM

They start off with a level of 15 and a burning passion, I figured if you're programming a robot to do your work for you, you may as well program it to be exceptional and love it :P I can't actually remember if I included that in the config files out not haha, I'll take a look and add it in if I haven't

Thanks! It would be great if one could set those values in an xml - and disable their ability to get better at their jobs. :)

cheers, mate!

Simulacrum0

now that i have played with droids i cant play with out them Great work. did Ninefinger ever get to telling you droids are braking Pawn State Icons? i don't think he will put it back in his mod pack till that's fixed.

buder5

i have suggestion can you make the pile of sand into regular sand ? so i can use with some other stuff unless that sand is from another mod if yes nvm that post (but tell me i will delet that post right after if u want )

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

millenium

im getting an infinite loop whenever a droid takes damage
just thing has taken critical damage. over and over

mipen

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on May 08, 2015, 12:30:45 AM
New save needed for just the droids?
I don't think so :)

Quote from: millenium on May 08, 2015, 10:36:38 PM
Oh, that sounds bad! :P I'll take a look into it

millenium

i closed the game when this happened before i got an error report next time it happens ill make sure to grab it before i close out. could be an incompatibility with another mod. have alot of them.

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on May 09, 2015, 12:16:01 AM

While you are at it, about those config files ... :D

mipen

Quote from: Nimrod on May 09, 2015, 01:13:01 AM
Quote from: mipen on May 09, 2015, 12:16:01 AM

While you are at it, about those config files ... :D
For the droids? I implemented those in the last patch, you can now change the starting level and passion for the skills (the number you set will apply to all of that droids skills)

Nimrod

Quote from: mipen on May 09, 2015, 06:49:54 AM

For the droids? I implemented those in the last patch, you can now change the starting level and passion for the skills (the number you set will apply to all of that droids skills)

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you.